Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Jank for a pick this early, although you mentioning it may spark interest in the card, now.
Wow, you think I have that kind of power?
Brassclaw Orcs might be a better pick this early...... :rolleyes:

B

BigBlue

I urge more people to try Top Deck after turgy and I iron out the problems...

I am learning more things (while losing) than I did before... but maybe that's just me.

Forgetting Foil was a big error though... I was thinking he could only use a force... so I figured I'd be golden getting to use AR in response... I guess I shoulda tried to draw a counter earlier with something stronger than the orb... I'm trying to keep cards for later games, which makes it difficult... I figured this was a loss, but now I've wasted a lot of good cards in that losing effort...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ditto on people trying out topdeck. It's way more fun than I expected and more complex than any other game of Magic I've played.

I thought you'd drop after I got the Crucible/Strip Mine going and assumed that game 2 would be an auto-loss after blowing my best cards. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to win without losing more good cards.

Oh and don't feel bad about Foil. I would have forgotten about it, too, but I was thinking of playing Timetwister to start my second turn and looked up all the available free counterspells first.

B

BigBlue

Right then, my first strategy was to draw out the game and see what cards of yours you'd pull... Then I realized the bauble was a godsend... it let me get a second card... we hadn't decided on whether the gy would go to the library or be rfg, so I was sort of expecting to have my lotus back... I was thinking channel fireball... but then we changed it, so I had to rethink my strategy and simply forgot the second ACC counter... (well, there's pact too, but you didn't have the blue mana to pay for it...) I was also considering trying to make a loop w/ twister & wheel of fortune, but that ended w/ gy removal too... which I think has to happen, it was an oversight on my part initially... digger would be very broken in this format otherwise, like Rack etc...

B

BigBlue

Now, he might not make his pick, just to spite you... you shoulda let it go... :)

B

BigBlue

I'd like to smite him... well, maybe not... but it sounded good.

B

BigBlue

Ooooh... Rakarth even drafted in the sports draft! whoo hoo! (well he posted anyways, so I hope he drafted)

B

Budget Player Cadet

I can't believe I was the first one who thought of that card... :D

Next pick: TOLARIAN A-FRICKIN'-CADAMY!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Budget Player Cadet said:
I can't believe I was the first one who thought of that card... :D

Next pick: TOLARIAN A-FRICKIN'-CADAMY!
So I should pick that one next then? It is on my list........

turgy22

Nothing Special
I would say yes. I'm actually amazed it's lasted this long.

BTW, it's generally not a good idea to tell everyone your next pick.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Reverse psychology, my friend, reverse psychology.

M

Modus Pwnens

I was hoping to leave it there for a bit longer, since none of you really have the artifacts to abuse it :(

Oh well =/

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, I think your mistake on that account was drafting Metalworker over the Academy. No one would've picked up Metalworker, but picking it up sent a signal (at least to me) that you were going to start to pick up the "Tinker" pieces.

Ransac, cpa trash man