Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

turgy22

Nothing Special
Which cards do you really, really want? I'll be sure to save them for you. ;)

Just so long as I get Dwarven Pony...

B

BigBlue

All I know...

is that Everything I know is wrong...

I am beginning to hate this format... I have an idea for a new format... one with no set up time whatsoever... No need for Excel or anything to track a deck...

B

Budget Player Cadet

I have issues storming... Need better tutors/card draw/THINGS TO KEEP ME ALIVE!!!

turgy22

Nothing Special
BigBlue said:
All I know...

is that Everything I know is wrong...

I am beginning to hate this format... I have an idea for a new format... one with no set up time whatsoever... No need for Excel or anything to track a deck...
Yeesh, is there any tedious, overly-complicated and way-too-time-consuming Magic format that you DO like?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Aw, MAN!!!! turgy22's after Dwarven Pony, TOO!!?!?!?!?!??! I should've drafted it just now.... :(

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

turgy22 said:
Which cards do you really, really want? I'll be sure to save them for you. ;)

Just so long as I get Dwarven Pony...
Consider it yours :)

I'm fairly sure the cards I desire are of no interest to you, and even if you could use them, you might not even know them *builds up suspense*.

When I've decided, you'll be the first to know.

B

BigBlue

(Actually, it isn't the format I dislike, it's the cards I'm choosing... and I somehow feel inadequate at this... Probably because I don't know so many of the cards out there anymore - as I'm learning from the sports league list of cards... back when I used to play, there wasn't a card I didn't know... I used to collect sets, pore through spoiler lists... and I have a decent memory for it... but I've been out of the loop for a long time, and the number of cards has grown... So, I know I'm going to end up getting schooled - and since I picked 3rd... I shouldn't get schooled by everyone the way I will)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Look at the previous draft. It'll give you an idea of what kinds of cards were drafted and how early/late they were drafted.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Frankly, I don't have time for that... Plus, I'm not sure how much would change based on how the games played out - and I'm not feeling the urge to pore through the games to see how cards/decks fared... I did notice my deck looks "similar" to one of the earlier ones when I quickly glanced at it a week ago, but I don't know how it fared, or what cards they actually used.

I'm thinking the Cap will be useful to remove the big threats... trouble is, I have no tutors to get it early, and it's expensive... It doesn't seem like many people are going after creatures... like it's a degenerate combo format.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Don't worry. Creatures will eventually start coming off the board. But, I personally feel that establishing what you want your deck to do comes first.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know, over the course of today (after I finished a recital hearing), I've gotten more and more excited about this draft! I've been typing up prospective draft lists, analyzing all of your card lists, creating spreadsheets, AND tentative decklists (that will be modified as picks I desire will no doubt be swiped from time to time). I've planned out what do do in case my picks get snagged and how to draft in order to avoid that from happening too much!.... and I'll probably suck it up in this one. My luck has GOT to run out in these big limited games we've played.

Also, I'm keeping a journal of my thought process throughout the draft AND my reactions to the picks you make. When we finish, I'll post it in the form of an article and hope you guys enjoy it.

This is what happens when you get antsy over wanting to make your next move.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

We are or aren't allowed to take shadowmoor? I put in a replacement pick in case that didn't work... Suppose the replacement pick is a better choice overall.

M

Modus Pwnens

I was under the impression we agreed not to take Shadowmoor.

PS: I'm doing the same thing Ransac, and I'm curious to see if we come to the same conclusions :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yes, we definitely agreed that Shadowmoor was in. The only reason we started before it was officially released was because it was assumed that no Shadowmoor cards would get chosen within the first few picks.

B

Budget Player Cadet

I even wrote in my set review (http://realmtg.freeforums.org/full-shadowmoor-rundown-t308.html), quote unquote:
Manamorphose: TEPS is gonna be all over this card. It's in the wrong colors, but WHO CARES? It might as well read:
Manamorphose 0
Raise the storm count by one.
Draw a card.
Really. So I think this will see play in extended, but unlikely in standard (or perhaps as way to splash Goyf?). Also, it is decent in limited, but not spectacular.

M

Modus Pwnens

Budget Player Cadet said:
Incremental Blight: A solid card in limited, its effect isn't good enough to see much play in standard ('cept maybe against fairies or rogues) at 5cc.
That actually made me laugh, Blight is the strongest card limited has at a non-rare level in a very long time.

It might as well say:

Incremental Blight 3BB
3 for 1

Don't underestimate it, resolving one of these = game win. Always. (ok, not always, but in those situations there isn't anything that would have saved you).