Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
So the #1 pick of last season is still on the board? I think I'll take it.
I almost took it again, but I never really used it in the deck I made and not sure if I'll use it in the deck this time either.

Melkor

Why wouldn't I want Ransac to make his previous deck, I have every confidence that my deck from the previous draft would have trounced it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Spiderman said:
The card that kept screwing me over last time: Balance
:D

Melkor said:
Why wouldn't I want Ransac to make his previous deck, I have every confidence that my deck from the previous draft would have trounced it.
While yours is the only deck I truly feared (Oversoul's give me the jibblies), I doubt that it would've been "trounced." You underestimate my ability to draw out a game long enough for me to find an answer. ;)

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Phew, glad to see dark ritual and mind twist ending up at a different person :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

I suppose I'm going to be the only one who wants LED?

M

Modus Pwnens

Just wondering, what are you stances about talking about other people picks/strats etc.

For example, if I didn't want someone to end up with a certain card, can i "mention" it, hoping that someone else gets it?

There's nothing specific yet, but it might occur later in the draft, so I was simply curious. What were the rules on this subject in the previous draft?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it seems sort of mean-spirited to me, like hate-drafting. Only instead of grabbing a card that you're not going to use, you try to pass it off on someone else who you don't think will use it as well. So it's sort of insulting to one player and spiteful towards another.

But on the other hand, I don't really see any point to having a rule against it. I think we're all smart enough to realize if someone is trying to trick us. And if the point is simply to expose someone's plan, then each person is going to have to weigh the merits of handicapping their own decks for the purpose of damaging someone else's.

In short, I'd say that if you don't want someone to get a card, the best choice is to take it yourself.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't care one way or another..... Trash talk away.... no one can possibly figure out my plan..... not even me.....
But if you do see a good combo for me, please speak up and maybe I'll take it.... you all do realize that pointing out certain cards/stats could backfire on you....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think that openly commenting about other player's drafts so far is fine. I mean, eventually, everyone's strategies will be obvious and we can make our own opinions about what to get.

Plus, whether or not someone gets off one combo won't make or break a deck. Given the fact that we're essentially playing a highlander format, building a deck around 2-3 cards would be very weak.... unless you build your deck like Oversoul built his.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, I believe that one of the cards that Modus is going to be gunning for is also very high on my list of next picks.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Then it's quite unfortunate that I'm most likely picking it next :D

turgy22

Nothing Special
So, Ransac, was Crucible of Worlds the card you were gunning for? Or is your choice still on the board?