Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Melkor

It was 40 cards last time and that let Oversoul get a pretty kick ass combo deck. I also vote that Shadowmoor be included as it'll be out soon enough. Actually picking 4th, I got what I would have picked first and that let me pick the deck I planned to have from the beginning. Just one match loss to Oversoul and I was a turn away each time from completely locking his deck down. I also believe that all your undrafted cards were sideboard. Ransac, did we ever play in the first draft? I don't think so and I would like to have a go at it.

B

Budget Player Cadet

I would recommend eliminating the restricted cards in Vintage...

M

Modus Pwnens

I don't understand what you mean? In a way, all cards are already restricted..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Budget Player Cadet said:
I would recommend eliminating the restricted cards in Vintage...
Which are?
Since this is highlander, what are the banned cards? Just the ones mentioned?

B

BigBlue

I think due to the "draft" nature of this with only 1 card available, there's no real need to ban cards other than those already mentioned - Ante Cards, Chaos Orb, and Falling Star.

With 8 players, no one will end up with a "super P9" abused deck...

The whole purpose of restricting cards is to keep them from breaking a game, in highlander when only 1 of (insert cardname here) available - they aren't going to be completely abused. And everyone has a pretty fair shot at a lot of cards - you are at most blocked from 7 cards... after that - you have a shot at any one of them. And if you pick 8th - you actually have a great advantage as you can pick combos without having any interference since you get 2 picks in a row.

As far as the "sideboard" - did you mean that every unselected card is part of a collective sideboard - which your only limitation is 1 per deck? I figured the sideboard would come from your unused cards...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
I think due to the "draft" nature of this with only 1 card available, there's no real need to ban cards other than those already mentioned - Ante Cards, Chaos Orb, and Falling Star.

With 8 players, no one will end up with a "super P9" abused deck...

The whole purpose of restricting cards is to keep them from breaking a game, in highlander when only 1 of (insert cardname here) available - they aren't going to be completely abused. And everyone has a pretty fair shot at a lot of cards - you are at most blocked from 7 cards... after that - you have a shot at any one of them. And if you pick 8th - you actually have a great advantage as you can pick combos without having any interference since you get 2 picks in a row.

As far as the "sideboard" - did you mean that every unselected card is part of a collective sideboard - which your only limitation is 1 per deck? I figured the sideboard would come from your unused cards...

Works for me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it was Homestar.

All cards are available except the ante and flipping cards, that's the whole point of this.

Sideboard is any drafted but unused cards.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, got it. And this goes on until? 40 cards was said? I say we just make it 45 for draft's sake (always two boosters).

R

rokapoke

Ransac said:
We draft 45 cards and make any size card we want to out of them.
Wouldn't you be pretty much stuck with the 3" x 2" size (or however big the cards are)?

I mean, you could get some bigger novelty cards or something, I'm sure, if you tried really hard.

Oh. You meant deck size.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I've got a bunch of those oversize cards from the Duelist! :)

TomB made the order, I started another thread JUST FOR THE DRAFT. Like the previous one, any talk goes in here, that thread is just for card picks ONLY.

M

Modus Pwnens

What's "on deck"?
I get on the clock, but not the other part..

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I assume that since the draft has started, we're not going to include Shadowmoor to our draft?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, we are, I said previously that the P9/Restricted cards would go first so the chance of someone wanting a Shadowmoor card in the first few rounds if highly unlikely, so it didn't make sense to wait a couple days for its release when we could just start on Thursday.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Eh, I love playing blue/white counter/control, but (at the risk of playing something I'm not adept at) variety is welcome.

That doesn't mean I'm going to let decent blue spells stay on the board for TOO long. ;)

Ransac, cpa trash man