Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Stupid Melkor and his stupid not showing up the last 30 + hours to check draft status....

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

I was wondering if Time Stop would get drafted... sure could put a damper on late-game Storming...

B

BigBlue

Since the other storm counter left, Time stop was the only other option...

like you said, at 6CC, it's only late game... but there's also only 1 or 2 players I'd put it in for... I didn't look at the print-run it came from, but it really should have Split Second as well... That's what Time Stop is all about... :)

B

BigBlue

I dunno... but I see myself getting crushed in this format...

I have an idea what I'm going to build, but I think it'll be too slow and can't beat a speed combo deck which it looks like there are at least a couple of in the works...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BB: I get the feeling we are just not combo-savvy player types.....

Can we make it a rule... No combos until after turn 7.... :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, but Tinker->Colossus counts as a combo then! As does tarmogoyf and every other halfway good creature!

M

Modus Pwnens

What makes you think I'll be tinkering a colossus together? I've got loads of artifacts, and in fact plan to use some dices to ensure a random target every time :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

Nah. I need to combo out, or I can't win... kind of lame, isn't it?

B

BigBlue

I'm not claiming that I'll be playing with a pea shooter...

I just think it'll take more time to develop...

And, I have a lot of pressure to make sure I remove the right cards when I get the opportunity to... I probably have 95% of my deck right now... It's time to start getting some mana fixes... I've ignored that aspect for too long and Melkor has taken a lot of good duals from me.

M

Modus Pwnens

Eventide is rapidly approaching, and given the purely hypothetical case in which certain people - oh alright, you got me, i want some of those cards, happy now? - would be interested in certain cards, when are they legal for picking up?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe we decided from the first 30 posts that future sets past Shadowmoor will not be allowed for this draft. You were in favor of it as well :)

Modus said:
Adding cards "on the fly" will create in imbalance, even if it's a minor one, so I disagree on allowing future sets as well.
So no Eventide. Hopefully during Singleton Draft #3 :)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Rats... I wanted a demigod that fit as an alt-wincon.

B

BigBlue

Since we're getting closer and closer to the end (4 more cards...)

What is the match format again? Round Robin? Swiss?

Can we pick our opponents order - or is this going to be assigned... If so, when will that be?

It could take me a couple days to build/test this monster...

B

Budget Player Cadet

Me too. Because my Lackey keeps breaking my computer, I need to do it on paper. And that means proxies. I am running out of sleeves here.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
MP: nice pick.... Vesuva.... I use it in the chaos game and you draft it here..... I was thinking about taking it......
Salute. :cool: