Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Man, I still have no clue what I'm doing... :p :eek:
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Stupid Melkor and his stupid not showing up the last 30 + hours to check draft status....

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. rokapoke Man Among Gods

I was wondering if Time Stop would get drafted... sure could put a damper on late-game Storming...
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

Since the other storm counter left, Time stop was the only other option...

like you said, at 6CC, it's only late game... but there's also only 1 or 2 players I'd put it in for... I didn't look at the print-run it came from, but it really should have Split Second as well... That's what Time Stop is all about... :)
  5. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

There actually is one left, but it's not in my colors :(
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I don't care about colors, I'm taking it..... or is there another?
  7. BigBlue Magic Jones

I dunno... but I see myself getting crushed in this format...

I have an idea what I'm going to build, but I think it'll be too slow and can't beat a speed combo deck which it looks like there are at least a couple of in the works...
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

BB: I get the feeling we are just not combo-savvy player types.....

Can we make it a rule... No combos until after turn 7.... :D
  9. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Okay, but Tinker->Colossus counts as a combo then! As does tarmogoyf and every other halfway good creature!
  10. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

What makes you think I'll be tinkering a colossus together? I've got loads of artifacts, and in fact plan to use some dices to ensure a random target every time :D
  11. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Nah. I need to combo out, or I can't win... kind of lame, isn't it?
  12. BigBlue Magic Jones

I'm not claiming that I'll be playing with a pea shooter...

I just think it'll take more time to develop...

And, I have a lot of pressure to make sure I remove the right cards when I get the opportunity to... I probably have 95% of my deck right now... It's time to start getting some mana fixes... I've ignored that aspect for too long and Melkor has taken a lot of good duals from me.
  13. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Eventide is rapidly approaching, and given the purely hypothetical case in which certain people - oh alright, you got me, i want some of those cards, happy now? - would be interested in certain cards, when are they legal for picking up?
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I believe we decided from the first 30 posts that future sets past Shadowmoor will not be allowed for this draft. You were in favor of it as well :)

So no Eventide. Hopefully during Singleton Draft #3 :)
  15. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Rats... I wanted a demigod that fit as an alt-wincon.
  16. BigBlue Magic Jones

Since we're getting closer and closer to the end (4 more cards...)

What is the match format again? Round Robin? Swiss?

Can we pick our opponents order - or is this going to be assigned... If so, when will that be?

It could take me a couple days to build/test this monster...
  17. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Me too. Because my Lackey keeps breaking my computer, I need to do it on paper. And that means proxies. I am running out of sleeves here.
  18. Ransac CPA Trash Man

No Shadowmoor. Try again.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Actually, it was agreed that Shadowmore was legal for this..... but not Evintide
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

MP: nice pick.... Vesuva.... I use it in the chaos game and you draft it here..... I was thinking about taking it......
    Salute. :cool: