Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

B

BigBlue

The Antiquities thread is becoming antiquated - trashman... You're up.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Why is this in the Draft thread??

Commentary: Melkor may have just accomplished the steal of the draft (imho). While the blue players were scrambling for counters, he snatches Stroke of Genius with his 15th pick. Great snag. I was wondering if the rest of the table was going to let you take it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Man. I can't believe it. I got 2!!! urza's Storm cards. Those are legendary! And I was the first one to get them?

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh yeah... Just a few more picks, and I'll have to start counter-drafting/picking lands!
This is not good... RUNNING OUT OF PICKS!!!

M

Modus Pwnens

Melkor said:
What a great color blue is, it's the gift that keeps on giving
Sorry, couldn't let this good deed (no pun intended) go unpunished.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I dunno, but he just took one of the biggest foils to his strategy. No one is going to Stifle his storm count. Melkor can trickbind it. THat's about it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
I wasn't trying to comment on the quality of the pick, just the excitement surrounding it. I mean, this entire format is open to all the best cards in Magic. Pick any card and you're still passing over dozens of other quality cards. Outside of getting one of the power 9 in the 3rd round, I don't really think there are any veritable "steals" in this draft. Everyone's got to take what's best for their deck. So if you get a card late in the draft, it's probably because everyone else thinks that every other card they've taken is more valuable than that card. And the person who ends up picking it even decided to wait a long time before getting it. So what's the thrill?