Are you a Vampire - Wings over Moldavia

S

sageridder

Sounds good enough so i'll vote oversoul as a meaningless vote to stay out of the way. But if ericbess isn't the vampire then ransac is a minion or vampire. Dunk me to prove it then hit ransac.

D

DarthFerret

Actually, this really can get confusing. Let's say that Ransac is tellin the truth, and he is the cleric. Why would he announce this before having things a little more known? Really, if the Vampire is making minions every night, won't they soon outweigh the villagers and then try to drown the cleric? Wouldn't that put Ransac's life in jeapordy, IF he was the cleric?

On the otherhand, Lets say he is the Vampire....and then to take any suspision off of himself, he turns one of the people (or both) that voted for Oversoul into minions. Can anyone here tell the diffence of a minion dying from a true Vampire? Say we throw in either Eric Bess or Sagerider, and one of them fizzels....then we believe we are safe, and the Vampire can keep pickin!

I still say that we don't know a whole lot more than we already did save one thing....Ransac is definately either the Cleric or the Vampire...which?...well now I am totally confused and have no idea....

E

EricBess

Here's my current thinking...

Ransac appears that he might be telling the truth. If someone else is the real cleric, then they know better. Oversoul has already mentioned, however, that a minion may easily pretend to be the vampire.

It seems to me that the numbers here are very important. As such, the cleric hiding his presense for a while seems to make sence. Was turgy just trying to get the cleric to expose himself?

If among myself, Ransac, and sageridder, you have the vampire and a minion, the cleric wouldn't have hesitated at all. You announce that the vampire must be one of the three and move on. If none of us were a minion or a vampire, you have a similar possibility, though you don't get to clear quite as many people.

The vampire knows that the cleric gets to see how many people "winning" the vote are among the vampire/minion group. As such, he might take steps to make sure that only one voted for.

Looking at the voting history, all three of us voted for Oversoul fairly early. Only Spiderman and Limited had already voted, so unless one of them is a minion, I suspect that one of us three is more likely a minion that the vampire.

Once the voting had stabilized, Melkor jumped in with a vote for Spiderman. If he were the vampire, he may have been waiting for his minion to vote first to make sure that the minion/vampire vote was split.

My guess is that Ransac is a minion, figuring that Oversoul had a good idea, but sageridder could just as easily be a minion.

As for the vampire, having thought it out a bit more, I'm voting for Melkor

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If I was a minion or the vampire, then why would I have brought direct attention to myself in this manner? If I hadn't spoken up, EricBess, Sageridder, and myself were going to be cleared and there wouldn't have been any chance of us being dunked. I wasn't going to just give another free minion to the vampire by letting that happen.

*Ransac wipes his nose on his sleeve.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

It was still daylight when we dunked him, it wasn't untill nightfall that the vampire made a minion. So either you or I are the vampire, or ransac was the one turned minion after the dunking and is just trying stop us from finding the vampire. If ransac is truly the cleric you're toast if not the cleric knows one minion and two villagers that could not be the vampire.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do not know if Ransac iz telling ze truth. As I already mentioned, he could be a minion buying time for his master by pretending to be ze cleric. But if he iz sincere, eizer EricBess or Sageridder is ze vampire. Now everyvun jumps on EricBess, but Sageridder conveniently votes for ze one man proven to be innocent. If EricBess is found to be innocent, zis creates a dilemma. Vas Ransac lying? Or is Sageridder ze vampire? Even if Ransac is lying, Sageridder protects himself by remaining neutral. And so far is may be vorking. He seems to have slipped under ze radar. Vell, he seems ze best bet to me right now...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The cleric actually has a lot going for him by revealing himself. He can't be turned into a minion; the only way for the cleric to die is to be dunked. So he might as well reveal himself right off and sharing information.

L

Limited

If the Cleric reveals himself and shares his information (and directs the voting), you can always find the Vampire before the minions have sufficient numbers to take over the vote.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks Ransac. I think we'll deal with our vampire problem a lot sooner with you coming out right away with it. It's a lot easier to convince people to dunk someone when you have a cleric's credibility.

Based on the responses of the two accused, I firmly believe that EricBess is the vampire. While sageridder volunteered to be dunked, EricBess tried to avoid it. I do have a question for you, though. Based on your logic, there existed a Vampire and a minion on the first day of voting. It was my understanding that the first minion wasn't created until after the first vote, meaning that the only non-villager vote would belong to the vampire. If I'm wrong, then we're in a totally different situation. I'd still believe that EricBess is either a vampire or a minion, but less sure that he's actually the vampire.

E

EricBess

There was no dunking the first day. I was under the impression that the vampire was going to turn someone the first night. Otherwise, from a game standpoint, the Cleric would immediately narrow down the field, which is what it appears everyone is assuming.

Mooseman - could you clarify for us? If there wasn't a minion before the first vote then Ransac would have to be either the cleric or the vampire, but that's a risky move and I'm very confused about a few things.

If there was a turning before the first vote, which I think there must have been, then I urge everyone to reconsider their vote before a mistake is made.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Since there was no dunking the first day, there was a vampire and a minion during the first vote.
Day 1 - no dunking
Day 2 - vote to dunk Oversoul - 1 vampire and 1 Minion in the village
Day 3 - 1 Vampire and 2 Minions in the village

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Darn, I hadn't even thought of that... but it's the best lead we've got right now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

EricBess

Well, now my head hurts, I'm still filled with irrational hatred for Spiderman, but all this information is getting through to some part of my brain. I figure the dice is tossed, and now I have to be counted. I intend to be in the largest voting block, and I think without other info, we've got to at least try Ransac's plan. If he's wrong though, all hell breaks loose tomorrow.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If I'm wrong, then that just means that sageridder was the non-villager!

*Ransac coughs loudly.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

If I thought Ransac were the vampire, then I would satisfy myself with me getting dunked knowing that the truth would come out soon enough, but I'm fairly convinced at this point he is a minion.

E

EricBess

A thought has just occurred to me.

I'm convinced that Ransac is a minion. As such, dunking him is probably useless long-term. However, let's assume for a minute that Ransac is what he claims. How convinced is everyone?

I would like to offer a proposal because I think it is worth it to try to keep the cleric alive. I propose that we toss Ransac into the water today. There are plenty of villagers, so there isn't a threat of the villagers being overwhelmed yet. If Ransac is as he claims and I am the vampire, then toss me in tomorrow and the game ends with the villagers winning.

However, if someone else (myself, for example) is the cleric and Ransac is a minion, as I suspect, I will have exhonerated myself and we keep the vampire to two minions (including whomever he turns tonight).

I've tried to think through every angle on this one and the only problem is if you guys think I'm a minion trying to off the cleric and protect the vampire at the same time. However, if you guys suspect that, then we're back to where we started with the vampire being one of the people who did not vote for Oversoul.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If Ransac isn't the cleric, I would have thought the real one would have spoken up by now. I mean, trying to pass yourself off as someone else when you can easily be exposed seems very risky, no matter what.

So I'm inclined to believe him for now.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I find it very odd that EricBess has gone from claiming me to being a minion to wanting to dunk me right away... because he knows that I have trouble swimming. He knows that he just wants me to drown right now and make the rest of his job easier. Please, people! LISTEN TO ME!!!! If you dunk me tonight, the vampire and his minions will win!!!!! You must dunk either sageridder or EricBess, the latter of the two more likely since his actions grow more inconsistent.

*Ransac pops a pimple on his nose.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Voting thus far:
Limited - EricBess
Spiderman - DarthFerret, then EricBess
Ransac - none yet
Melkor - EricBess
Oversoul - EricBess, then Spiderman, Then Sageridder
EricBess - Melkor
DarthFerret - None yet