Are you a Vampire - Wings over Moldavia

Melkor

Does nobody realize the danger that Spiderman's incessant baking is putting us in? Don't you see how he is making us fat and incompetent! I'll not stand idly by as this creature of the night lures us to our doom.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone's sugar-deficient!

Like I said, I'll gladly jump in. But it would be a waste of holy water...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Vell, maybe that's vhat the vampire vants you to zink. Zat vay you dump me again and vaste another vat of holy vater. Bad idea!

I maintain zat EricBess is a sneaky denizen of ze night.

E

EricBess

That's all an interesting dillema. If the vampire is to turn everyone, he's going to need as many minions as possible. The problem is, even if we were 100% sure that Oversoul was turned, dunking him again would be a waste of effort since he would simply get replaced and there would be one less villager. Regardless, Oversoul's point about wasting the holy water is valid. We don't know for sure that he was turned.

I'm a bit torn at the moment. Limited's pointing out that Oversoul was likely turned could be an attempt to make us consider a wasted dunk, but I think we all realize how important each chance to dunk the vampire is.

I'm leaning towards Spiderman. A bit too much protesting about how wasted the holy water would be for my taste.

L

Limited

I agree that trying to discover who was minioned is not using this turn to find the vampire, but the way I see it it also prevents us from drowning our holy man, until he has gathered enough evidence and can reveal himself.

And more minions can become an additional problem in the votes.

But mostly, I wanted to point out the sweet sweet irony of turning Oversoul right after we dunked him. This early in our ordeal, there isn't much else to go on. I figured, if more people thought this to be a move the vampire would make, we could take a chance on this less efficient (it won't get the Vampire) but safe (it won't drown the Cleric) dunking.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, if Oversoul turns out to be a villager again, then the next day we still have the dilemma: do we dunk Oversoul yet a third time because the vampire turned him that night or not?

So I'm leaning towards someone new. And I'll say DarthFerret again, just because he didn't go last time :)

D

DarthFerret

Spidey, I would be more than happy to jump in, however, it would only give our Vamp friend another whole day in which to plan his attack. I still think that Zigathon is a pretty good culprit, simply from the silence.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll vote for Limited again. My reason is that it's still a crapshoot at this point and I don't feel like changing, so no offense is intended.

Of course, knowing my luck, Limited is probably the cleric.

L

Limited

Well, I can ease your mind. I am not the Cleric.

But I am (still) very much a simple human, and wouldn't want to waste the holy water on me.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EricBess brings up a good point. Ve can vote for purported minions all veek and let ze real culprit make more of zem. And since he vas able to make a cogent contribution, I cannot rightly vote for him. I vas beginning to suspect Limited myself, but zinking back, I have little reason for zat. Maybe I have some prejudice against him similar to ze reason I vas chosen last night. Spiderman, on ze other hand, gives ze impression of trying to actively manipulate ze situation. I hope this is not some deluzion on my part. But for now, he is my best guezz.

S

sageridder

To dunk the same guy again or not would be the same problem for a villager as a minion, since they don't know who is the vampire any more than we know who the cleric is. I will say this only three of us voted for oversoul if one of us was the vampire the cleric would be quite safe to come forward and have the three of us dunked in a row since the vampire cannot kill or turn the cleric.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But ze vampire or his minion can claim to be ze cleric. In fact, it vould be an excellent vay for ze minion to protect his master. By ze time ve have rooted out and destroyed ze original minion, ze vampire vill have converted many more of us. Aside from zis, it is possible zat ze vampire was not among zose who voted for me...

S

sageridder

I guess what I'm saying is just that. It is unlikely that any of the three that voted to dunk you are the original vampire or the cleric would just say it was one of us three safely. A minion might try what you say but in doing so would be giving the cleric some additional information to be used against the vampire. Additionally the minion would be risking dunking the vampire by doing so because the minion dosn't know who the vampire is either.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Hey, I think I finally figured out the answer to this problem.

We know that the cleric will find out how many villagers voted to dunk a person. So last night, whoever the cleric was, should have seen whether any of the votes were not from a villager. IMO, that clears Ransac, EricBess and Sageridder, otherwise the cleric should have come out and said that one of those three is a vampire or minion. Also, we know that Oversoul is not a vampire (probably a minion at this point, but whatever), so that's four people completely cleared of charges.

That leaves myself, Spiderman, Limited, Zigathon, Melkor and DarthFerret as possible Vampires. So if five of those people all agree to vote for the sixth, the cleric can confirm that one of those five is the vampire. Then, we simply dunk one of those people every day until we find the culprit. We should have the numbers to stay one step ahead of the Vampire and his minions. It's also important that Ransac, EricBess, Sageridder and Oversoul not vote for the person being dunked, because they could be minions at this point and throw off the numbers that the Cleric will have to look at.

So, if no one can find a flaw in my logic, I will volunteer to be the person dunked. This should clear me of being a vampire (although I may become a minion) and narrow the search to the remaining 5. If anyone doesn't want to play along, well then, they're probably a vampire.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me, although I fear our cleric may either misunderstand his role, hence his not speaking up, or may be "indisposed". But I'll go with the plan.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Curse you people constantly talking of me and my noble work!!! You have no idea how difficult it is to think of a plan of attack with everyone here talking of what I may be thinking. I was hoping to get the vampire out this round discreetly (sp?) or then expose him in the next, but all this talk messes up everything.

*Ransac spits on the floor.*

Okay guys. Our job is REALLY easy now. I am indeed the Cleric. Last round, I found out a rather interesting scenario. Myself, EricBess, and sageridder voted for Oversoul to be dunk. That night I had a vision that in addition to myself, only one villager participated in voting for Oversoul. THAT MEANS THAT EITHER ERICBESS OR SAGERIDDER IS THE VAMPIRE.

I was hoping to silently coax people into voting for EricBess this round, but if you guys are going to remove him AND sageridder from contention, then I might as well come forward.

We have a coin-flip, people. EricBess or sageridder.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In that case, I change my vote for EricBess. Not only is he trying to vote for me :), but sageridder's last post makes him seem more sacrificing.