Are you a Vampire - Wings over Moldavia

E

EricBess

Ransac - I think it's funny that you are so convinced that I am the Vampire, but that you also insist that the Vampire wins if we dunk you tonight. There are at most 2 minions at the moment. No one has really said what happens in the case of a tie, but if we dunk you and you are the cleric as you claim, there will then be 3 minions, plus the vampire, who would all have to agree on who to dunk just to get a draw vote. Mooseman - what would happen in that case?

Regardless, if I am indeed a vampire as you claim, the villagers probably win, but I guess it does matter what happens in the event of a tie.

So why would you use a panic tactic?

Now, suppose Ransac isn't the cleric for a moment. Spiderman - to address your question, if I come forward and say that I'm really the cleric, it pretty much just seems like a desperate attempt to save my skin, doesn't it? But consider for a moment if it's true.

If we end up tossing a villager into the pool, then we are pretty much do or die. So, I propose we throw Ransac in.

Here me out. If we accept that I'm either the cleric or the vampire and that Ransac is either the cleric or a minion, then what makes the most sense. If you throw me in first and I turn out to be the vampire as Ransac claims, the villagers win instantly. However, if I turn out to be the cleric, it's suddenly do or die to find the vampire with nothing to go on but that it's not either Ransac or sageridder.

On the other hand, if we throw Ransac in first and he turns out to be the cleric as he suggests, then you still have enough villagers to toss me in tomorrow and the villagers win. However, if he is a minion, then you've spared your cleric (me) and kept the minion count down.

Is it so odd that I've changed my tune Ransac? I simply realized that as long as everyone was believing your story, I was going to get thrown in regardless. Very well played, BTW. As such, it occurred to me that there might be a way out that makes good sense and keeps the villagers with a chance.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EricBess, if you manage to find enough support to dunk me, then go ahead. Dunk me. Let me drown. You'd love to watch me drown while you and your minions get stronger. Everyone here that does not believe my words will find out sooner or later. It is indeed a 50% chance that either you or sageridder is a Vampire. If not, then one of you IS a minion. If you indeed are not the vampire or minion, then my focus will indeed shift to Sageridder, unless my visions point me to another direction.

*Ransac farts rather loudly.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

Well let's look at what we know for sure. Oversoul might by now be a minion but cannot be the vampire. At the time of the vote there was a vampire and a minion. There is a vampire and two minions at this point. Of ericbess ransac and myself at least one is not a human and very likely two aren't. The minions do not know who the vampire is so are unlikely to vote with the group to stay unnoticed. A minions job would be to protect the vampire even if they had die to do so.

I belive ericbess is the vampire but could be just a minion. I belive ransac is the cleric but could be a minion. Even tho less likely we do have two minions at this point so it's possible they're both minions at this point and are distracting us. If ericbess is dunked and not the vampire I wish to be dunked next as it is likely I would be turned that night that way the villagers are still ahead by knocking off a minion keeping the number of villagers higher.If I'm not turned before at least we know another person that can't be the vampire. I can't see ransac being the vampire at the point he came out to us he was kinda in the clear albeit by my own flawed logic that there wasn't a minion at the time of the first vote.
Bah I'm pretty sure it's none of that and it's just as straight foward as it seems Ericbess needs a bath if it ain't him ransac is just a silly silly creature of the night.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, all of this thought process is making me crazy....I am just gonna sit over there and vote quietly for Zigathon one more time, caus he has been silent for way too long. As this next vote plays out, I am hoping to gain more insight into this.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Vell, I'm not sure vich vun to believe. But Zigathon has been simply too qviet to be a vampire. I highly doubt it's him...

D

DarthFerret

Ok, in light of that information, I will go ahead and vote to dunk Oversoul again, merely because that could give us insight into the Vampire's thought process (whether he turns people as soon as they are dunked or not...)

besides, he has that persistant smell all about him....

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Final vote:
Limited - EricBess
Spiderman - DarthFerret, then EricBess
Ransac - EricBess
Melkor - EricBess
Oversoul - EricBess, then Spiderman, Then Sageridder
EricBess - Melkor, then Ransac
DarthFerret - Oversoul
Sagerider - Oversoul
Turgy22 - Limited, then EricBess

EricBess - 5 Votes
Sageridder - 1 vote
Oversoul - 2 votes

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The mob rushes toward EricBess, grabs him and lifts him in the air. The pool looms closer and he is cast in. He cries out, and quickly sinks out of sight.....

Have you drown the cleric?

Suddenly Oversoul and Darthferret scream out in horror and rush to the pool, but their bodies start to wither and crumble as they try to claw their way towards their master............

It seems that you have chosen correctly and banished the foul creature from your village, but how will you prove it to the King's army?

Allright, give me feedback and ask questions.

S

sageridder

I liked it. I liked the minions not knowing the vampire as well. I wonder if when the vampire chooses a minion they should choose a player name to be passed along as well. So when the mod pm's them it would be you are a minion now, and your evil master sends you a vision of player x. That would give the vampire just a hair of influence on the minion in a one time shot. Allowing the vampire a little wiggle room in the early game.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think that I got lucky early on. I saw the 50/50 shot on after the first dunk (which was really 25% after adding in the minion part). It was just unfortunate for EricBess that the person he voted for got dunked.

I liked it, but I think I like Werewolf better.

Man, how many times am I gonna be the Seer/Cleric?!?!?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
sageridder said:
I liked it. I liked the minions not knowing the vampire as well. I wonder if when the vampire chooses a minion they should choose a player name to be passed along as well. So when the mod pm's them it would be you are a minion now, and your evil master sends you a vision of player x. That would give the vampire just a hair of influence on the minion in a one time shot. Allowing the vampire a little wiggle room in the early game.
How about if the minions know each other?
Also, the minions could have claimed to be the cleric too and really confused things.

S

sageridder

If the minions knew each other I think it would be too much in thier favor. We did narrow it to three suspects with only one vote a round or two later and they would have to much power to manipulate the vote and what info the cleric gets. A minion could but they might get unlucky and set up the vampire. I knew ransac wasn't the vampire but he could have been a minion. I think the vampire himself could run a better fake cleric gambit because he could self forfill his visions by turning people gaining the trust.

L

Limited

The way the rules are now, there is one clear winning strategy: the Cleric announces himself immediately and directs all the votes.

It is not fullproof, but seeing that the Vampire doesn't know how the votes are going to go, he needs to be very lucky in order to confuse the Cleric for long.

S

sageridder

I see that as one side of the coin. Clearly the first minion would then challange as cleric himself, if not before the real cleric then the vampire could sit back and make minions to fit the false cleric's visions. Think of minions as they would truely be thier lives mean nothing but to be of service to the vampire. Rember we caught this very quick if this wasn't new to all of us more complex stratigies would abound. Perhaspe even a cleric ability for the long game would be in order, like a cleanse ability to restore a villager. Of course it wouldn't work on the vampire much like a turning dosn't work on the cleric. I think this game could have legs with some slight tweeking.

E

EricBess

Ransac said:
Man, how many times am I gonna be the Seer/Cleric?!?!?
Probably as many times as I'm going to be the Werewolf/Vampire ;)

I liked it, but have a couple of concerns. We were barely on the second vote and already in a do or die situation... But you can't really have a vote before a minion is created or the cleric gets a lot of information, basically narrowing down the field to half.

This game, there were a lot of people already under the impression that this is what happened, which lead to me being suspected more strongly than I would have been otherwise, which in turn forced me to try to come up with another plausible story. I'm hoping that at the least, people were considering changing their vote, but as always seems to happen in these games, people don't want to go out on a limb.

I am very interested to know how many people had the misunderstanding about whether there was a minion the first day. I think a lot of people were instantly cleared at the vampire because they wouldn't have had the confusion if they had been. Turgy, for example, was clearly a normal villager, as was Spiderman. Even Ransac seemed to think or at least pretend to think that there wasn't a minion, which made it that much harder to try to convince everyone that I might really be the cleric.

E

EricBess

Limited said:
The way the rules are now, there is one clear winning strategy: the Cleric announces himself immediately and directs all the votes.

It is not fullproof, but seeing that the Vampire doesn't know how the votes are going to go, he needs to be very lucky in order to confuse the Cleric for long.
And for the other side, the minions need to be pro-active. They don't want to draw so much attention to themselves that it's obvious that they are minions, but they need to get things going so that the vampire can plan his strategy.

I really did have a problem when Darthferret just sort of sat there for a while without saying anything. I had to make a stand and if Darthferret had ended up voting for Oversoul also, I would probably have to come up with some excuse to change my vote.

As for turning whoever was dunked, my first thinking was that it was an obvious strategy. Since Oversoul seemed determined to dunk me, I figured it had the added benefit of getting one person off my back.

In retrospect, if the cleric can make any assumptions about who is probably a minion, it keeps things harder for the vampire since he can be more easily narrowed down. As such, it would have been a better move strategically to turn sageridder. Then, instead of trying to shift suspicion to Ransac, I could have tried to shift it to sageridder, who might even catch on and try to draw suspicion just to keep it away from me. Of course, Ransac was just as easy a mark, so if the cleric was one of the two, it would have been 50/50.

D

DarthFerret

I liked the game quite a bit, however, I realized that there is no reason for the cleric not to announce himslef right away at the beggining... The Vampire cannot turn him, therefore he can just sit there, admit who he is, and not have to worry about the water either. I have no idea how to solve this problem. As for the minions not knowing their sire....I would like to try one game where they do. It would have given me a bit of a reason to be proactive about dunking someone. As it was, I was just trying to dunk a villager, and avoid the minion and vampire. I did not want to gun for the cleric until we had more minions than villagers...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Once again.... mad skills from the cleric....... boo-yah.....

*Ransac strikes a dorky pose.*

Ransac, cpa trash man