2002 CPA Notable Awards

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Spidey thwips train in a nice web cocoon to get back the microphone.

"Oh look, it doubles as a straitjacket too. That'll keep you still for an hour or so :p

This next award goes to s/he who exemplifies Magic on these boards the best (I think that's how the award is supposed to be taken, anyway). For the third year running, this guy just steamrolls over the competition. With his unlimited holding power of his breechcloth, the Best MTG Mascot award goes to THEORGG! C'mon up! I'm not sure what a suitable prize is since normally it'd be a costume of your favorite MTG character, but you already seem to have come prepared :eek: "

T

train

You go Orgg!!!! Congratulations!!!...

(Murmurs to self: Now how do I get this da_n straightjacket off?!!!)

:confused:

T

theorgg

*theorgg grins boldly as he strides up to the stage.

Wow. I really didn't expect this catagory to be mine again, this year... It seems like if I win it next year, we might just have to close it down. ;)

I'm proud to be the member you feel is the closest to the spirit of Magic: The Gathering, and if I REALLY look into it, I can almost see meself morphed right now, not having anything to do with the actual game out of nessessity, but still keeping up with it the very best I can via online methods.

Usually, I dig into my breechcloth right now and bring out an Atog for a toast. Sadly, an Atogatog was thrown on me during the past year in the Battle Arena by an old buddy Ihsan's Shade, the little brother of our chief founder Baron Sengir... and he ate all of my Atog snacks-- and I'm too afraid to root around in this breechcloth to find him... he's kinda mean, and he might hurt my hand.

In leau of that, I could pull out a Thallad and share it. Who here likes very plain broccoli stalks with some bitterroot sauce on it? Who likes that boiled, the fried in mud? That's what thallads taste like, so that's also moot.

Well, I guess I could...

Well...

I'm just going to say "Thank You" to everyone who has been active at the CPA, even if it was for only a couple of weeks or so, for changing it for the best... Even The Master. Without him, the Off Topic forums would have never happened, and there one of my favorite forums!

So it goes...
-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse V

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Atog snacks, the breakfast of Laquatus' Champions!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, this next award is a repeat winner, but this year it actually looks as if the award fits him! Usually designated for that person who is only a misty and fondly remembered memory, last year this person was here and active. But now, he seems to have vanished into thin air. This year's winner of CPA Legend is once again ZADOK001! His prize is a portrait on the CPA hallway of Legends..."

T

train

Yeah Zadok!!!

(Well, I've got one arm loose in this darn straightjacket!):rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
Hooray Zadok! I wonder where our other founder named David ran off to...

-Ferret

"...as well, as other people..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Somehow, Ransac managed to make his way on stage. Ransac gets a glimpse of the next winner card and gasps.*

GASP!!!!! SPIDEY CAN'T GIVE THAT AWARD!!!!!!!!!

*Ransac tackles Spidey and hits him over the head with a lead rabbit, successfully subdueing for the next few minutes. Ransac then calmly walks up to the podium and clears his throat.*

This next winner is a man that everybody knows and loves......simply because he's on so freakin' much. Every other time you're on your computer at this site, you see this name at the bottom of the screen. The winner of this year CPA IRONMAN Award goes to the man who has more posts than Duel...........SPIDERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on and accept your award of a lifetime supply of Iron choclate bars!!!!!!!!!!

*Ransac turns and notices that Spidey is still unconscious and quite possibly has a concussion.*

Oops.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

*Nightstalkers appear from the very walls to surround the podium.While being shadowy forms everyone can still see his royalness Ransac giving out his speech.Offenders will still be given the usual punnishment for speaking out loud while his royalness in giving his wonderful speach*

T

theorgg

*theorgg begins to clap furiously. He then notices the inert Spidey, pulls somthing from his breechcloth and holds it under Spidy's nose.

*spidey jumps up with a shock, and is quite dazed by the Atog Guano on the tip of his nose.

T

train

I'm sorry, but...

Got Atog Guano?!!!

Is Spidey not here because a youngin' is on the way???...:)

R

rkoelsch

No Spidey is a government employee goofing off on taxpayer dollars and this is a federal holiday.;)

E

EricBess

The air suddenly becomes thick, as if something is about to take place. A hush rises over the crowd in anticipation. Someone points to the front of the room. "Hey, where did Eric go?" "Don't know. We're so far back here I didn't even notice he was gone" "Yeah, I think he's been missing for couple days now."

As if on cue, a quiet, raspy voice from just outside the doors can be heard, crying softly for help. Everyone rushes to see what's going on. There lies Eric, struggling in vain to pull himself, crawling, into the room. He clenches a single sheet of paper in his hand. "What the...?" "Someone, what's on that paper?" Train grabs the paper and reads it to himself..."What's this suppose to mean? 'Triple Loser'?" CT grabs the paper and whacks train over the head. "You moron, it says 'L3'. Why, it simply can't be? Can it?" Eric nods weakly.

As comprehension dawns, the chears begin. "He did it!" "WooHoo" "Our very own CPA level 3 judge!!!" Eric soon finds himself being tossed around as he is carried through the room. Finally, he is tossed limply into his chair.

"Wow, he's really shot, isn't he."

train: "Coat?" - Mindy whacks him over the head.

The CPA awards then return to normal...

(Sorry for the diversion. I figured this was the most appropriate thread to make the announcement. Thanks to everyone for their support)

T

train

Connnnngratsssss!!!!!!!!

:D

Did everyone notice Mindy hit on me again?!!!

Got Coat?!!!;)

C

Chaos Turtle

Now you can train me... once of these days I'll have the time... :p

T

theorgg

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
Now you can train me... once of these days I'll have the time... :p
Do you REALLLY want to be train-ed? I hear Coat's bad for the shell...