2002 CPA Notable Awards

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Spiderman enters the worn stage from stage left. Despite the still relatively newness of the awards and the site, it seems it's already beginning to show its age. "Next year we can probably hold this in a coffee house," he muses. "Ah well. Thoughts for next year."

House lights click on and sound systems are checked. At least, the members of the CPA come trickling in, ones and twos. "At least they're still jovial about it," he thinks to himself as he watches them enter.

And then, it's time. As the Spiderman theme song blares, he steps up to the podium.

"Welcome back everyone! I'm glad everyone has had a great year and though we lost some more members like Zadok and Duel, we got some new ones with train and SeFRo. So let's start!

We'll begin with the basis of Magic itself: building a deck. And who has had the best ideas in the past year? It's a new winner; c'mon up RKOELSCH! Your prize is your own foil angel deck that you love!"

M

MrXarvox

MrXarvox is there all of a sudden, and though no one saw him come in, his entry is still somehow made in style. Perhaps it is the huge, dark wings projected holographically from the armor on his shoulders, or maybe the black halo that he naturally has.
(I am going to make armor that does this IRL, eventually.)
With a swift gesture, he opens his umbrella and waves it over his pile of black velvet pillows from last year, dusting them off and driving out all the horrid things that had taken up residence there in the past year. Noticing the goblins and plague rats and similar foul creeping things; and the smell that was swept up by the dusting, MrXarvox torches the pile by inexplicable means. Subconsciously most people find themselves thinking that the British Parliament was involved somehow, but forget it immediately because that makes no sense. Which is good for the Parliament, because quite frankly they wouldn't want anyone to suspect.
Once the pillows are finished burning, MrXarvox replaces them, again inexplicably, but this time all present just feel a sudden craving for butterscotch dum-dums.
X then lies down for a liesurely nap on his fluffy, exquisitely textured pillow pile, waiting for his "prettiest CPA member" award.

J

Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff rushes into the auditorium. He can't believe that he missed the first announcement. He looks around and sees his beloved Pokeball near the left side of the stage. With a smile, he rushes over and hops into the ball and waits for rkoelsch to claim his award.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Train, as he pretends to aid in the "directions for seating" whispers to each individual, asking if they need any "supplements" for this evening's event. " 3 for 2 special going on... tonight only..."
20 minutes later -

As the end of the crowd settles in, train smiles at the wad of cash in hand and puts the Coat away until the After Awards party starts... We're all gettin' some Coat action tonight....

As train looks for his seat he begins to get excited.... he has a little surprise for everyone here tonight, the men will be especially excited!!!... and possibly some women, but to appease the females, he has free Coat for them... drugs always cause big smiles and warm feelings....
;)

Yells to Rkoelsch - "Yeah, Rkoelsch!!! If you need to use that foil deck as collateral for Coat, it's fine by me!!!!!!!!"

S

Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey drills in with his Evil Digger Thing From Cartoon Shows Several Years Ago and takes a seat in the back. And believe me when I say back. I mean, this is the back of the back. In fact, I'd say it could even be the back of the back of the back... *trails off*

E

EricBess

A seat on the front row flips down into the floor and then flips back up. There sits Eric, white tux this year. This year, he doesn't have to fight for a spot on the front row. This year, he bought the whole theatre.

In fact, as everyone else starts to look around, they realize that none of their tickets are for the front row. In fact, the closest any of them are is row 4.

Eric looks around, frowns, and pulls out a remote control. It is smaller this year, but still packed with more features than ever. He punches a button. 5 more seats retract to fetch the family. Katherine is looking particularly fetching today. The kids immediately take of running down the aisles.

"Congrats rkoelsch. I don't frequent those forums, but it's an important jobs. You've been doing great work."

N

nodnarb24

* Nodnarb24 arrives in the theatre and decides to sit next to Eric's family in the front row even though his seat is in row 18569. He has also brought along his trusty Flamethrower, AK-47, and Samurai Sword just in case things go out of hand.

Congrats Rkoelsch!

B

Bob

*Bob stumbles in, half asleep, and sits down.*

"Wow. This is the third CPA Notables Award I've been to. Oh, wait, this is the Third Annual One. LOL. I've seen all of them."

I still remember when Almindhra made a post about an idea for the CPA Notables, and how she said it probably wasn't a big deal, but now it's the biggest thing ever to happen in the CPA.

...I also unfortunately remember how much of an annoying newb I was that first year. Man, it's been three years and I still come to the CPA. Proof that the CPA really is the greatest board ever. Amazing members we have here...:)

I miss the oldies...

Yellowjacket, the old man...:) (Who still visits once in a while, I think.)

Hawaiian Mage, the extremely crazy psychopathic guy with the largest sigs ever... (Remember the Dragon that took up the entire screen?)

Zadok, and the days when he was known as the Greater Good Fanatic, and "that scary looking guy on Starcity"

DUke, probably the most controversial CPA member. No member whose been around can forgot the terrible arguments that filled the Off-Topic forum after 9/11 and before the "Political discussions forum"...

dw, and his friend Jaws who some people thought were the same person.

TickleMeHellNo The most well known member that never posted, only known for his funny name.

SalaciousCrumb, or whatever he used to be called...(I forget, lol.) Ransac's partner in crime and the only CPA member able to invert the universe by slapping his buttcheeks together.

Zero, the girl who posted a picture of herself that many thought was not her, and then she was never heard of again.

Ed Sullivan, even though Ed quit Magic a long time ago, he is still the God of the CPA and our almighty ruler. If we piss him off, *poof!* no more CPA. But why would he want to do that?

and, as mentioned before, the ACTIVE FEMALE MEMBERS!
PJ, Whimsy, Griffith, ErinPuff, Almindhra!

*Sigh* Ok, that's enough sentimental crap for tonight...

*Looks at all the CPA newbs and feels old*

Get me my cane, youngin's!

B

Bob

Oh yeah, In all of my sentimental rambling, confusion, bold print, and tiredness, I forgot to congratulate Rkoelsch!

CONGRATULATIONS RKOELSCH!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac meets rkoelsch on the way to accept his award and asks him a random question.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Azreal shows up in his silver tux(with matching bolar:D ), and sits down in the life guard chair right behind EricBess.

Congrats RKOELSCH!

Z

Zero T Katama

*drops from the ceiling, gliding down into his place, with blue polished armor and a green cape trailing behind. Rnn does not follow as it has been shrunk and sheathed in a fancy blue scabbard. He lands in his seat, looking around*

So.. these are the famed awards.. I'm glad to be here. Congratulations to rkoelsch, I'm sure he deserved it

*claps politely*

R

rkoelsch

"Oh my, this is so exciting. I am honored to accept this award."

taking a few minutes to fondle the full, bountiful beauty of the angels.

"Could someone empty my drool bucket, my hands are full"

"Please excuse me. Anyone got any kleenex?" exit off the stage preoccupied.

A

Apollo

Apollo's arrival is heralded by a rather unglorious "plop." Suddenly Rkoelsch realizes that his foil Serra Angel has been defiled by a rather ugly (and wet) bird dropping. Looking up, Rkoelsch notices Apollo perched once more in the rafters. He is blushing a bright red, but it's unnoticeable through his feathers.

Uhm... Hope that was sleeved... :p

Ferret

Staff member
*showing up fashionably late as usual*

Sorry, I skipped a day, but I was breaking in a new furball to the house...she's doing fine, thanks.

-Ferret

"...clapping madly for RKOELSCH..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"While rkoelsch finishes up his, um, 'business', ;) let's move on to the next category.

This one is paired with the Best Deck Ideas because besides people posting decks, you need feedback, right? Otherwise the forum would just be threads with zero replies. So taking the title away from Gizmo, last year's winner, this year's Most Helpful with Deck Advice goes to MIKEYMIKE! Your prize is a full 4 card set of any expansion!"

R

rkoelsch

Whipping off his coat to reveal angel wings,(paid dearly for these babies), rkoelsch leaps into the air. Hands ready to throttle Apollo.
"Come here, birdbrain. I got something for you. Oh and I owe you for beating me like a redheaded stepchild in football too"

T

train

Yells to Mikeymike, "Yeah MM, way to go you helpful little you!!!"

Train gently nudges the audience member next to him.."(in reference to Rkoelsch and apollo)See, Coats some powerful stuff, already there's going to be some action... would you like some..."

;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*MikeyMike, getting from his seat to walk to the stage, trips over the body of Ransac, who tripped over some corndogs on his way to MikeyMike. Ransac then asks MikeyMike a random question and sends him on his way.*

Ransac, cpa trash man