2002 CPA Notable Awards

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Congrats FoR
3GGWB
Sorcery
Print target set of FoR's.

What's wrong with Harrison Bergeron? Are you implying you're better than us? SHOOT HIM!

(and then give everyone an award)

N

Notepad

*wakes up and hands a stack of pennies to FoR*

FoR, when ya get to the invitationals, remember this "little gift" and make dream cards for the whole CPA come true...

*notices people dressed up as audience members who are really secret WotC agents, who are taking pictures*

...crap, this bribe was a little too public, oh well. Now I guess we have to bribe Randy Booheueler (who can spell that crappy name correctly anyway?) with twinkies and crap to get decent casual cards printed.

*notices those five lifetime supplies sent to Randy's house did get Onslaught to be good*

Hey, FoR, cool work anyway.

S

Svenmonkey

*Falls on the stage and staggers off with a broken leg*

What? How'd that happen?! I was just peacefully watching everyone else get their big, grand awards and I mysteriously drop onto the stage! I guess that means I'm green with envy... Oh wait, that doesn't make any sense...

*Walks the 2-hour hike back to his seat in the way-way-way back and sits down to tend to his fractured limb*

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

*Captain Shizuka, the Protector Legend, immediately comes to Svenmonkey's aid, with her l33t h34l1ng sk1llz, 2 fellow Protectors and a first aid kit. *

Shizuka: I'll help you. I've been healing people for 6 years.

*She works on Svenmonkey for 2 minutes.*

S

Svenmonkey

*Realizes his leg is somehow fixed*

Why, thank you. I needn't gnaw my own leg off now.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Shizuka, Keiko and Kimura: You're welcome.

Assistant Keiko: I've also given you pro-Red just in case Miranda starts bouncing off the walls. <b>Somebody's</b> been having a bit too much chocolate.

*Shiro skitters over*

Shiro: Sven. You can rest your leg on me.

*He then skitters over and waits for Sven to rest his leg.*

God be with j00.

T

terzarima

Bloimey.

Almost missed it.

*Ademis waltzes up wearing a beaver pelt.

What'd I miss?

S

Svenmonkey

*Rests his previously-broken-but-now-fixed-yet-still-slightly-stiff leg on Shiro*

Aaah. That feels much better.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Spidey comes back from the restroom, a much needed break after his several drinks.

"Thank you very much Apollo. Let's hear it for our guest presenter!

And now, the next award goes to him who makes you giggle, chortle, chuckle, and pee on the floor. For the second year in a row, the Most Funniest Award goes to RANSAC! Your prize is a supply of those gag gifts, to replace those taken by Chaos Turtle.

I wonder who gets to ask him his question? :p "

T

theorgg

*theorgg jumps up and runs though the crowd, flattening a sleeping Ahar to dust, and booms an unintelligible question in Ransac's ear.

Ransac sticks a finger in his ear and says "What?"

T

train

*Bursting back into the auditorium, straightening himself up and taking his seat, Train notices that congratulations are in order for Foundation of Rancor and Ransac.*

Congrats guys!!!

*murmurs to himself - man I'm glad federal agents are mostly crooked, those guys needed a little merchandise to let me go and come back in here.*
:cool: ;)

M

Mazzak

Mazzak is inexplicably where MrXarvox used to be. The whole corner with all the pillows is shrouded in a pleasant darkness which somehow silhouettes a figure dressed in black.

"Congratulations", it says, in the most incredibly beautiful tone of voice anyone could imagine. And then, "I'm still waiting for my 'prettiest CPA member' award..."

some things never change... ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I WON!!!!! I WON!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!!

*Ransac will pm himself the answer to theorgg's question.*

How many awards are left, Spidey, so I can make that any more questions?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ferret

Staff member
Congrats, Ransac - I guess you'll have to redo your signature - again :)

-Ferret

"BTW, what is a 'Surivor'?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Ransac, there are 17 more awards, not including this one I'm about to post.

Everyone, Apollo's post about the Friendliest and Helpful Award was legit, I asked him to take over for that day. I guess I should have announced it beforehand

As Ransac sidles up to Spidey and whispers his question in his ear, Spidey starts and looks a bit shocked.

"You'd have to ask him! And when you find out, be sure to tell me!"

Muttering to himself about touchy superheros, Ransac slinks backstage and resumes circling the theater while Spidey gets his notes together.

"Alright, this next award goes to someone who could be a judge, he's so fair and honest. And trust-worthy, as you don't know where your cards go once they slip inside that mailbox. For the second year in a row, the Fairest Trader Award goes to MIKEYMIKE! Your prize is again (I think) secure shipping and postage paid on all of your trades this year :p "

E

EricBess

I guess everyone just figured that since Spidey was so friendly (neighborhoodly type), that he wouldn't be offended if no one congratulated him. I guess we were all wrong. Everyone with a firearm should stear clear of him for the next little while lest he sling it away from you and start going balistic on us. That would be....I guess pretty much all of us....

Um...Congrats Spidey. Great job. Really. No, really, I've very sincere in that. Very good job. :eek:

You too Mikeymike. I don't really trade on line, so I didn't vote on that one, but congrats anyway.

T

train

Yeah Buddy!!! Congrats MM!!!

*slipping in a little advertisement without paying the broadcasting company*

Got Coat?!!:D

(Thanks for all the hard work Spidey!!!...):cool:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac runs up to MikeyMike and asks him a Random question. Runs then looks at Ferret and says........*

About a year ago, there were a few "Survivor" type games with about 8 members involved each time.

Here's a link to one that I didn't win.

http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5772

Just search for Reality/CPA-vivor/Survivor. However, I don't think that you can search for things back that far, so you may just want to search for posts by me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The crowd seems to have settled down a bit. Then as Spidey looks closer, he realizes that a massive free-for-all game of Magic has broken out.

"Hey, hey! Action going on up here!"

No effect; the audience now seems intent on a ruling by EricBess and Jigglypuff.

<ahem> "The next award is for someone who may go on to bigger and better things in Magic. Ironically, latest reports seem to indicate that he has pretty much quit Magic right now, but you never know... taking the title away from John O' last year, this year's Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour goes to GIZMO! Your prize is a free box of this year's expansions to keep you current in Standard :) "