Sports League: Season 4 Sign-Ups and Info

Melkor

Also, just being lazy and not wanting to look it up, but did we ever discuss anything about eventually retiring active cards in people's decks? Might be fun to force people to retire a couple cards every season from the active roster, eventually force new decks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Also, just being lazy and not wanting to look it up, but did we ever discuss anything about eventually retiring active cards in people's decks? Might be fun to force people to retire a couple cards every season from the active roster, eventually force new decks.
I don't think we ever discussed it, though I believe it was mentioned before last season. I've thought about it a lot, though, and couldn't think of any methods for retiring cards that would be fair for everyone. If anyone else likes the idea and has suggestions for doing so, please chime in.

How about pick 10 for picks 25 and 26? and a some 4th round pick?
No thanks. I do have some general offers to make to you and others, though (all are subject to change as deals are made, of course).

Melkor: I'll trade you Cancel or Time Elemental (or any other non-black card you might want) for the #8 pick you got from Spiderman.
Boogiepop: For the #6 pick, I will trade you #12, #25, #45, #46, and #71 - 72.
Spiderman: For the #7 pick, I will trade you #12, #27, #47, #48, and #73 - 74.
Rokapoke: I'm sorry, but I don't see any beneficial trades between us. But I don't want you to feel left out, so I'll give you my #75 pick for your birthday.

Also, I'm willing to trade most cards from my current pool for picks. There are about 12 right now that I won't part with based on what's available, but everything else is on the table.

R

rokapoke

I had suggested "retirement" before, in no small part to see your Godhead and scroll enter the Hall of Fame (never to return, of course!).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can think of for retiring cards is basically akin to the Standard format: retire cards from the earliest "season" when another season comes into play, keeping x seasons in rotation.

turgy22: About the trade, no thanks, I gotta keep one pick at that position in the round :)

B

boogiepop

I don't really know how the drafting works, but I'll take that offer, turgy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Drafting is simply picking the card(s) of your choice to (hopefully) improve your deck when it's your turn. Which it is in the Draft thread :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't really know how the drafting works, but I'll take that offer, turgy.
Cool. Seeing as I'm now on the clock and definitely getting at least one of the cards I had in mind, I'll be taking my other offers off the table. I will also be updating the draft order in the spreadsheet and in the draft thread.

Boogiepop, I'll send you a reminder when you're up in the draft. All you need to do is look at cards listed in the latest post of the draft thread and post which card you'd like the best of the ones available.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman and/or Boogiepop: Are either of you interested in getting my current pick at #27? I'd like to trade down for two or more picks in the 31 - 40 range of the draft. I don't want to hold things up too much, though, so if there's possible interest, let me know as soon as you read this. I'll probably make my pick in a 36 hours, if I get no response.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks for the response, boogiepop. I guess Spiderman's already off for the weekend, so I'll just make my pick.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The draft is officially over, so right now everyone needs to cut cards from their pools until they are down to 60 or less total cards. All cut cards will be entered into the free agent card pool and will then be available for other players to take. Remember that you can't pick up any free agent cards until you have your pool down to 60 or less. Once everyone has their pools cut down, I'm going to start the season, though you can still swap cards in your pool for free agents at any time during the season.

Also, just in case things weren't complicated enough, there is a priority for free agent card claims. If two or more players want the same free agent card and make a claim for it within 24 hours (excluding weekends) of each other, the player with the highest priority will receive the card and go down in priority. Current free agent priority is as follows:
1) Spiderman
2) Mooseman
3) Turgy22
4) Rokapoke
5) Melkor
6) Boogiepop

I've updated the player card pools in the sports league spreadsheet and I currently have the following information:
Boogiepop and Melkor both have 59 cards and can pick up / swap cards at any time.
Turgy22 has 62 cards. (I need to cut 2)
Mooseman has 70 cards. (Needs to cut 10)
Rokapoke has 71 cards. (Needs to cut 11)
Spiderman has 82 cards. (Needs to cut 22!)

Let me know if anyone has any questions and please post your cuts / pick-ups in this thread so I can keep everything up-to-date. Thanks!

R

rokapoke

I'm cutting the following cards:

Bouncing Beebles
Reality Acid
Wistful Thinking
Fatigue
Harmattan Efreet
Leaden Fists
Skittering Monstrosity
Celestial Dawn
Grinning Ignus
Viridian Revel
Plunder

B

boogiepop

My blue cards were not totaled. I therefore have 64 cards total.

I'd like to cut the following cards:

Locket of Yesterdays
Firefly
Crimson Kobolds
Splinter
Reality Anchor
Ichneumon Druid
Pardic Swordsmith
Razorgrass Screen
Anodet Lurker
Abuna's Chant
Unblinking Bleb

And (assuming it's okay to name them at this juncture) pick up (or, heh, attempt to pick up) the following free agents:

Rally the Righteous
Goblin Legionnaire
Wrap in Vigor
Ancient Stirrings
Paradise Mantle
Kiln Fiend
Arcbound Worker