D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

D

DarthFerret

*prepares to meet thier charge with his mace (if they do charge) and awaits the humanoids actions*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The humanoids gets up and start moving, nay, running towards you, gibbering and grunting. As they move closer, you see that they're incredibly ugly and beast-like - perhaps humans who have devolved or something?

Round 1 - Creatures have initiative.

They close to within 20'.

Party's turn.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo unloads with his bow until they're in melee range, then switches to his axe...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You can see there's four of them.

Oversoul fires and hits the second one right in the chest, but it keeps on coming.
Rondo fires and grazes the same one.
Kurik shoots but misses.

Everyone else awaits their arrival in melee range, except for Wilhelm, of course.

Round 2: Party gets initiative.

Oversoul fires and hits the first one for a glancing shot.
Rondo shoots and hits the last in the leg.
Kurik fires and misses.

The first arrives and attacks Wilhelm with its hands which seem to have been sharpened? to claws and its mouth for a bite attack. Its hands miss but it succeeds in biting Wilhelm for a little damage. What's more alarming is that Wilhelm seems to stiffen up and "freeze".
The second attacks Kurik with the same claw and bite attack but his armor protects him.
The third attacks Gareth who is hit by a claw and a bite and also freezes.
The last attacks Cugel who by the grace of his armor and his quick feet avoid the attacks.

Round 3: Creatures have initiative.

The first turns to Kurik who looks like he's going to avoid the attacks until a bite gets him good, freezing him.
The second goes for Patrick who amazingly dodges the claws and bite.
The third attacks Bertrem whose armor also protects him.
The fourth attacks Rondo who also avoids getting hit.

Party's turn.

D

DarthFerret

Bash away.....I think we need to drop them fast so that we can figure out what to do about our compatriats...(plus, they freeze a few more of us and we may not be able to down them at all.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"They're ghouls lads...Have at 'em with silver or magic, or get the helloutta the way!"

*Just out of curiosity, do any of us HAVE silver or magic weapons?* :oops:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick has silver daggers, Si'Nat has silver daggers and silver-tipped arrows, and you have silver-tipped arrows and a silver-inlaid battleaxe :)

T

train

Will use the silver daggers since they have closed on us...

"now I was trying to play nice - but alas, you tried to cheat..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Then Rondo will close for melee with his axe, though if he has an opportunity to pass silver arrows to people who have bows but only regular arrows he will...:)

**Wasn't there a mace or something with undetermined magic we picked up earlier? I know it could be cursed, but if things turn desperate...**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You did indeed pick up a mace earlier, Bertrem has it.

I'm confused about Cugel's action since I'm showing that he doesn't have any torches or lanterns or light sources. How does he plan to light them one on fire?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You did indeed pick up a mace earlier, Bertrem has it.

I'm confused about Cugel's action since I'm showing that he doesn't have any torches or lanterns or light sources. How does he plan to light them one on fire?
Cugel wouldn't be the one lighting them on fire. Oversoul would. It was a joke. You know, because you accidentally put "Oversoul" instead of Cugel...

D

DarthFerret

In desperation, with the party becomming effectively smaller each round (of active mobile people anyways), Bertrem will go ahead and pull out that mace and attempt to use it and see if it can affect these things better.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel wouldn't be the one lighting them on fire. Oversoul would. It was a joke. You know, because you accidentally put "Oversoul" instead of Cugel...
Ooohh... I totally missed that :eek:

It will take Rondo's turn to pass out silver arrows rather than attacking, so I figure he's attacking...

Everyone is in melee since the creatures have closed and among you, unless someone says otherwise that they're trying to move away and get back into missile attacks

Cugel attacks the fourth one with his sword and decapitates it.
Si'Nat pulls out his silver dagger and attacks the first but misses.
Bertrem pulls out the unknown mace and charges the second creature with it. He feels a surge of power from the mace which powers his stroke and bashes its chest, causing it to collapse Bertrem has found/used a Mace +2
Rondo attacks the first with his silver battleaxe and takes off an arm, but the silver doesn't have any noticeable effect on the creature.

Round 4 - Creatures have initiative.

The first attacks Bertrem and hits with a claw and bite. Bertrem is unable to withstand both attacks and freezes.
The third goes for Rondo and connects with a claw. Rondo grimaces as he feels his joints stiffen up and he joins the others watching the battle.

Cugel attacks the third and connects with a <thud> on its arm, but it's still coming.
Si'Nat attacks the same one with his dagger and also hits but fails to drop it.

Round 5 - Creatures have initiative.

The first goes for Cugel and connects with both claws. He also fails to survive the freezing.
The third attacks Patrick and connects with all three attacks. Not only is Patrick looking in VERY bad shape, he also freezes.

The sole remaining member still moving, Si'Nat attacks the first and just misses it.

Round 6 - Creatures have initiative.

The creatures close in on Si'Nat. However, his armor and his skillz help prevent him from being hit at all :eek:

Si'Nat attacks the first but misses.

Round 7 - Creatures have initiative.

The first creature misses, although one claw scrapes against Si'Nat's armor. The second has more luck, hitting all three times. Si'Nat looks pretty bad (though not as bad as Patrick) but is unaffected by the creatures "freeze" effect.

Si'Nat's turn. (I'm stopping since Si'Nat took some damage)

T

train

(must use a healing potion and pray on defense this round - will attempt to get Bertrem's mace, if not, use my sword - if silver isn't affecting them - might as well use the object that will cause more damage)

"Now look what you made me do, need to drink a potion, then gotta get that mace or a bigger blade - why make things difficult, just die fiends!"