D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Ronod" will pass 2 healing potions out to each of the other party members who seem to be out of them, so they have them in case they need them...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad.... :D That would be Cugel, Si'Nat, Wilhelm, Kurik, and Gareth, leaving RONDO with five

Kurik and Gareth gratefully accept the gift.

T

train

"Thank you Rondo"

(What point is it in the day - near resting time?)

"Let's see what these guys have..."
Searching bears, checking condition of weapons, etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a bit after noon, don't need to rest yet until another 3 turns

The bugbears have nothing on them - no clothing, armor, or treasure. The "clubs" they were using were simply huge pieces of knotted wood.

D

DarthFerret

"Very well, as we appear to be a bit better stocked than I had first imagined. So, which way?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There needs to be post numbers :)

Kurik remarks, "Well, as we exit the cave, we can return to the room on the left, head straight, or head to our right."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You open the door and follow a passage that heads straight for about 60' and then curves left for about 20' when you come to an intersection. A passage continues straight but slightly curves to the left. A passage is at your left and curves slightly to the left. And there's a cave to your right.
So at this point, "straight ahead" would be the passage going off that was going off to the left earlier and "to the right" would be continuing along the main passage that we could see headed straight at first and then turned left. Let's try "straight ahead" then.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I do not know hwat came over me.... I am sorry that I lost control and....gulp.... entered the fray..... It must n=be the stress from being in this hole for so long......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You head straight for about 30' when you spot a small group of flying birds coming at you. Neither of you are surprised.

Party has initiative.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming the birds are big enough, Rondo will fire arrows until they're close enough to attack with his axe...:)

T

train

Si'Nat will prepare to use his sword...

Or we could use the old "Duck an Cover" techniques used in the atomic bomb drills back in the day...

D

DarthFerret

Prepares the mace, and assumes a defensive stance (hoping that the archers can take em out quick)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo said:
Assuming the birds are big enough, Rondo will fire arrows until they're close enough to attack with his axe...
They're about a foot long/big, so if that's "big" to you... :)

Round 1 - Party has initiative

Rondo shoots an arrow and hits, dropping it.
Kurik fires into the flock and also fells one.

The rest of the party braces for the onslaught...

As they approach, the birds let out a hideous screeching sound... you can see they're brightly colored but the noticeable thing about them is their long beak which looks pretty sharp. They swarm over you...

One attaclks Gareth but fails to penetrate his armor.
One attacks Patrick but he dodges out of the way.
One attacks Cugel but he blocks it.

Round 2: Birds have initiative.

One attacks Bertrem but misses.
One attacks Rondo but hits his shield.
One attacks Kurik but he easily avoids it.

Cugel whacks one with his sword and kills it.
Si'Nat swings but misses.
Bertrem takes a swipe with his mace but misses.
Wilhelm blindly strikes out from behind his shield and to no one's surprise, misses.
Kurik connects with his sword and drops one.
Gareth misses with his hammer.

Rondo misses with his axe.

Round 3 - Bird has initiative.

The remaining bird attacks Rondo but misses.

Cugel swings and connects and it takes a solid hit.
Si'Nat swings but misses.
Bertrem is also unable to hit the bird.
Wilhelm gets a lucky hit with his club and finishes it off!

T

train

(will pluck some feathers and place them in backpack...)

"I'm definitely not that adept with my sword - but I wonder who or what riled their feathers..."