D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Continuing down the passage, I assume?

You travel another 20' roughly straight and the passage starts to bend to the right. You travel another 30' and the passage bends more to right, you travel another 30' and the passage bends back to the left, you travel 20' and come to a crossroads of sorts. There's a passage to your right, one straight ahead although it looks like it bends to the left pretty quickly, and one to your left that also looks like it bends to the left. And it's about time to rest.

T

train

"Well - let's rest a back a little into this passageway we are coming from so we aren't directly in the intersection... then we can move one. Which way next gents, or just keep going straight?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Give me some time to update my maps and we'll see.
I also should pray to get the healing spell back....

D

DarthFerret

Will pray as well, if we take a rest. "I think a rest sounds pretty good about now. Are we sure this is the safest place to do so?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Praying to get the spells back is the end-of-the-day type thing, which you aren't at yet (unless you really want to set up camp for the night). It's only almost 1 PM

T

train

We can force the big rest now - but if we are going to rest in that manner, we should find a room to shelter/protect us...

T

train

"I'm up for adventuring more... Let's go until we at least find a room it's safe to rest in..."

will nudge along straight ahead...

T

train

"Onward it is..."

And where's ransac when lead is mentioned - we need a random rabbit here...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You head "straight" which is actually a sharp turn to the left for about 10' and then turns sharply to the right for about 30', then turns about 45 degrees to the left for about 20' and finally opens up into a wide, high ceiling cavern at a 90 degree right angle. It appears to be empty, but it curves to the right after about 40' from where you are.

T

train

"Agreed"

(Will check the walls along the way and look for anything seeming out of place...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Upon rounding the bend, the cavern stretches away for about another 40' before ending. In a little corner at that end, a small band of humanoids (from what you can see from your vantage point and torchlight) are squatting around some debris and dirty-white objects. They look up when your torchlight illuminates the cavern, surprised.

T

train

(kobolds maybe?...)

Prepared to fire if they move towards us...

"Hi... what are you doing there?"