D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel and Si'Nat move to the end of the cavern and search/look around, but they don't find any secret doors or traps or the like. They do notice that the creatures seem to be garbage collectors; there's several piles of junk at that end. Also lying around are various bones.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat is still unlucky, not finding anything among the rocks or cavern walls.

Cugel has some better luck. Searching among the trash which consists of stuff like old belt buckles, chain mail links, strapless shields, etc., he finds a bunch of platinum pieces in a sack, a bunch of gold, silver, and copper coins scattered in the trash, a jewelled necklace worth about 100 gp, and a battered, corroded shortsword that is notable only because it's the only "intact" weapon in the trash otherwise (i.e. not broken or missing the grip or whatever).

T

train

"Way to go Cugel!... Now - I guess we head back the other way..."

(unless there are many more paths to head, will lead us back to an intersection where we haven't gone down a direction yet.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You head back out of the cavern and come to the intersection again, where you can go straight, right, or left. You came from straight ahead, so unless you want to backtrack that way, you can go right or left as they're unexplored (well, there is an unexplored passageway way back if you head straight).

T

train

"Well - might as well start somewhere.... "

(Leads party to left...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You travel straight for 30' when you see two huge humanoids coming at you. They're between 8-10 tall and stooping a little to fit in the passage. Neither of you are surprised.

They get the initiative; they stop when they see you, but don't move.

D

DarthFerret

Hold my mace (the magical one) at the ready, but make no threatening moves until we can ascertain thier intent...

T

train

(If I have any arrows left, will prepare the bow, will fire if they advance...)

(whispers) "Well - they're a little bigger than I would like..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 2 - Creatures get initiative.

Since you're not doing anything, they seem to be returning the favor... they're not advancing, but they're not leaving either.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Let us back away. Whatever they are, they may only have been startled. If they are defending their territory and we absolutely must explore this path, it will still be here on our return, barring any pesky enchantments to the contrary, of course."