You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arhar

I think we should have the CPA elections.

I want to run for President :D

And Duke will be my right-hand man, a "voice-of-reason".

Meetings of the government will consist of me saying "Let's ban that guy!" and Duke will say "No, let's not!" and then we'll argue for about twenty hours straight... and in the end, with no clear winner, we'd flip a coin :D

D

DÛke

...Zadok, obviously and sadly, you have not been reading my posts clearly, or have not focused greatly on what I have been saying.
Zadok:

You're saying that banning him won't do us any good. I've got something that won't do us any good, and that's letting him off.
Explain the purpose behind your action in the Trading Forum. Is that not enough security to guarantee the limitation, if not the extinction, of further bad trades?

More even, I have clearly stated that when you give him the time limit I requested, after that, you can ban him, and I will agree with you 307%. That does not necessarily mean I have to agree that banning will help. In fact, in my opinion, I don't think banning him will help...but I do agree with you on banning him since it would make members happy here. All that was said before, but you're questioning me now? <Sigh with a hopeful grin>
Zadok:

...He'll simply come back, and do it again, because he ALMOST got away with it last time.
"Simply" come back? Now that's...not right. How can he just "simply" come back and trade when you've already taken the action of listing the bad traders in the Trading Forum? Don't you think he'll have a hard time, first having to create a new user handle, followed by a new email account, and then, he'll even have to make a new address to where the cards are sent to -- how is that possible? Unless you perceive him as a mastermind or a prodigy -- and from the way he acts, I'd feel sorry for all those that perceive him that way...
Zadok:

But that doesn't mean he won't continue to TRY. He may someday run across a new member who wasn't there for this discussion, and rip off that member.
If I'm stupid enough not to read the bad traders list in the Trading Forum, than I deserve to be ripped off, if not murdered. You have clearly pointed out the bad traders, or the traders that make it a pain dealing with. Any trader attempting to trade without consulting that list is unworthy of our attention, and certain not worthy of the time you have spent making that list, and the time to come updating and/or organizing that list...

Now for my favorite...
Zadok:

The problem is, you aren't really making logical sense here. You're basically telling us that we were wrong to give him the two months he's had, and in the same breath, telling us to give him two extra weeks.
Basically, I never told you were wrong for "giving him two months." I told you were wrong because if you *really* wanted to ban him in the first place, than you should have simply banned the guy. That simple. Further more, if you really wanted him banned, there should have been no discussion with other moderators and adminstrators, like you stated before. Why discuss anything when you think he's to be banned no matter what? He should have been banned months ago. Then, he should have been as soon as he returned, not giving a chance for any discussion. But you have given the chance...

If you're willing to give the time, I'm sure 2 weeks isn't much of a big deal, especially seeing how 1 week is already almost over. What I have clearly repeated in my posts over and over again is that giving 2 last weeks will not be a problem at all. First, it would give Riva a chance to think about it, or at least, feel guiltier about his action, and second, it may just change him. This is the *only* time where the discussion about Riva is really heated -- it's a good chance from him to think about all this and come clean. The other times, it was simply shoot-and-run. All that said, I clearly, clearly, clearly stated, that after the 2 weeks period (now 1 week), you can ban him, and I would agree with you 307% on such banning. Does that mean I think it would help banning him? Honestly, no. I've already outlined my reasoning for why banning him will not help the least…but I agree on banning him nonetheless…

You've given him 1 week already.

You can ban him now...

...or you can give him an additional week, since there is 1% chance he maybe sane, and come clean.

After that, you're free to do whatever you want, with me agreeing 307% on any action you may take. Again, I agree with the banning, but I don't think it will help. That easy, and that simple…

<Even a bigger enigmatic grin>

E

EricBess

Sigh...

I wasn't going to post to this thread. I really wasn't.

But guys, Duke has some good points here. What Riva did was wrong. Very wrong, and I would encourage Riva to make good on his previous promises.

But I'm not sure banning him is warrented. That is for a number of reasons. First, he now has a lot of bad blood here at the CPA. If he's not comfortable here anymore because of this, he will leave. We all know he lied about why he disappeared for a while. His excuses about his brother are blatantly pathetic and possibly (though not definitely) a lie as well.

But so what? Is he spamming the boards or making them generally hard to live with in general? No!

Profanity has been an issue and if it is to the point that you want to ban him for that, then ban him for that, but not for the rest.

Other than that, how hard is it to ignore him if you can't get over the bad blood? Bottom line is that if he wants to be a respectable member of the CPA in good standing, he has a long way to go, but kicking him out completely is not going to automatically make the CPA a better place. Okay, maybe a bit better, but it's still a great place with him able to post, so what's the point...

D

DÛke

Sorry Ericbess, and sorry to all those whom had a somewhat opposing opinion here. The case was closed all the time. We were wasting our time.

Zadok informed that all this time, they were just trying to figure out the process of how to ban Riva, meaning that this delay of banning we have noticed was not a delay of banning, but a delay that occured because it seems that Ed (the webmaster) does not exactly know how to ban in this updated message board system. My opinion, it seems, was never considered.

Oh well...as long as Almindhra, Arhar, and Evan_Mann are happy, right? :) Majority rules! :D

<Still, standing with an enigmatic grin...>

D

DÛke

Since Zadok has taken the responsibility of taken this issue into PM with me...I wont talk much here, but since a lot seem to be confused about what I'm saying...even Zadok...here it is, one last time:

1. *I* believe that giving Riva the time limit will both, enable him to think about it, and have an actual second chance that is declared in front of the whole community. Later, you could officially state that "...we've given him a 'second chance'..."

2. *I* believe that after the time limit is up, 2 things could happen:

A. Riva returns the cards, in which case, it is up to whom it may concern to to either ban him, or let him off...but keep his name in the bad traders list. Basically you could do whatever you want with him, but at least you've gotten the cards back, and maybe even an apology...

B. Riva lies once again, in which case he should be banned instantly -- not wait some months until he returns, and start this needless discussion all over again.

3. I never really was against his banning. I'm against the banning if the time limit is not given, that's all. We've already gone a week -- one more week isn't going to hurt anyone at all. Ban him whenever you want, and I'm with you all the way, but give him the time limit...

4. *I*, solely *I*, believe that banning Riva will *not* help much, although, like stated above, I agree with it in some cases if it makes the majority happy -- in this case -- it does. It won’t help much though...

Finally, I don't think he'll return the cards, nor apologize...because he seems to be a very, very troubled young kid who's as foolish as a child can be. He seems to like to gain affection by lying, expecting us to like him because of what he isn't. He tries to portray images of himself as a hero, or as a great person...but he does it in the most pathetic way I have ever seen. Still, though, we shouldn't act hastily or foolishly like him...and I believe we've given him all the time he can. The truth is, however, banning him will not do much now...

That's it. :)

Now, are any of those that hard to understand? <Delirious grin>

A

arhar

Originally posted by DÛke
Oh well...as long as Almindhra, Arhar, and Evan_Mann are happy, right? :) Majority rules! :D
But of course! Nothing is ever done unless I'm happy. I AM a lord of this world, after all! Along with Almindhra and Evan_Mann ...

Do you always argue just for the sake of arguing FOR the underdog? Do you always have to be in the minority? Did it ever occur to you that the majority JUST MAY be right, just one time? But no, if it's a popular opinion, then it must be total bulloink, because people are nothing but brainless sheep...

D

DÛke

<laughs deliriously> "Argue for the underdog" -- me? I've really argued for the "underdog" 2 times -- count them -- that's 2, t-w-o, two times. One was about the September 11 attack, and this one. Saying "always" really takes that out of perspective, and puts it in a long, streched out time-line, do you not believe so? <grin>

Arhar, I think you just need to loosin' up a bit. I'm not arguing against or for anything. First, I have clearly just stated my opinion, and second, I'm not saying anything totally ethereal. Look at the 4 objectives I've listed above...you can't seriously tell me those are just "for the sake of arguing" and have no logic in them whatsoever. Those 4 objectives are mostly what I have been saying...if you seriosly want me to be with "majority," please shoot holes in those objectives. Since you and some others are willing to come here and make judgements about me and my opinion(s), than, it should be easy for you to punch those 4 objectives in the face, and shoot countless holes in them? Well, I seriously want you to. :) Come on, let's see the reason why you're so uptight against me, to the point that you bother to post and almost insult me! I mean, to insult a person, you really have to have a good reason, right? Well, let me see it! Open my eyes for the last (or first) time, and punch those objectives right where you wish! :D

And besides, who're the "majority" anyway? All I see is Zadok, Almindhra, Evan_Mann, Istanbul, yourself...and a couple of others. But...what about those who are somewhat with me? Spiderman, Ericbess, Ransac, and Aku Necromancer? It's not like I'm speaking something completely radical...

Just relax...I'm not that big of rebel...<laughs>

And that quote you used of me, was just a joke...hence the 2 smilies. Or...did the CPA standards change or something -- now we require to add 307 smilies to show that we're really just being humorous? Fine!

:) :) :) :)...and :p...

Yeah, I know those aren't 307 smilies, but hopefully, they'll be able to be seen more clearly this time around. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1. On this computer I'm using (NOT from work), DUke middle two letters appear as a ? so his name reads D?e

2. That's not the impression I got from discussing this with the admins. We were trying to decide what to do with Riva: ban him, give him warnings, whatever. Outright banning was NOT the foregone conclusion.

D

DÛke

That's the impression Zadok gave me on his PM.

And...that's interesting...about my name...

A

arhar

I'm as calm and relaxed as it can be, but I couldn't help but notice your sarcastic comment, where you dragged my name into it...

D

DÛke

Don't you just love the CPA members? :)

I'm in love...
Arhar:

I can just see this happening.....

"Hey! Everyone here ignored me and thought that was enough punishment! Oh well. I guess I'll just go to a different message board and rip more people off... "

:rolleyes:
And...
Arhar:

I think we should have the CPA elections.

I want to run for President. :D

And Duke will be my right-hand man, a "voice-of-reason".

Meetings of the government will consist of me saying "Let's ban that guy!" and Duke will say "No, let's not!" and then we'll argue for about twenty hours straight... and in the end, with no clear winner, we'd flip a coin :D
Now call me crazy, but in the first quote, it seems like *you* were being sarcastic. The second quote could have been "sarcastic," but...you had smilies, so I laughed with ya. :) Why do you think I'm being sarcastic -- when I'm just being normal...like you? Just loosin' up...really. We can be friends...debating friends, but friends nontheless. :)

<forever grin>

D

DÛke

...nothing.

The kid is just ultra anti-social, it seems.

I emailed him, being nice and all; nicely I asked him what was expected of him, but I'm afraid he let me down too. I haven't heard a word from him -- not in this discussion nor in my email.

Now, it would be the right time to consider banning him or actually ban him. Let's not wait few months, alright? :) Few weeks, maybe...not months...

:D

<glad the grin never ended>

Z

Zadok001

DUke - If you read my PM, you'll find I said something implying that we aren't sure we CAN ban, but we are looking for a way. i.e., can we IP ban him, just ban the name, can we ban at all, etc... That doesn't mean we are GOING to ban him, it means we'd like to know if it's possible.

Just clearing up a misconception. I won't post on this thread anymore, since it's quite apparent that it's not helpful.

A

arhar

Duke, I'm trying to be funny at all times :) But obviously when I think you're being serious while making a comment addressing me or involving my name, I stop trying to be funny... But then you say you never stopped being funny and I started being serious first... So obviously, both of us should work on the communications skils....

:)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Linsivvi speaks the truth!

Who cares what Riva says? The trade thing is a whole differernt matter, but all this argument is superflous. Just let him say what he wants.

Just to be funny, I'll point out that Duke has responded 20 times exactly to this thread.

D

DÛke

...actually went back and counted?

<laughs>

Now *that*...is funny. :D

Just for the count, with this post, it's 21 replies now...just in case some of you are wondering...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DÛke
...nothing.

The kid is just ultra anti-social, it seems.

I emailed him, being nice and all; nicely I asked him what was expected of him, but I'm afraid he let me down too. I haven't heard a word from him -- not in this discussion nor in my email.

<glad the grin never ended>
Did you put return receipt on it so you know if he actually read it? Like has he even been on recently?

D

DÛke

...but I didn't have to. The email was so nice...it could bring anyone down to tears. :D It's one of my extra melodramatic speeches: anyone would have replied. Anyone. But he didn't -- not replying to *me* is a good reason to ban him on its own. ;) Seriously, he had a long time, and my email was sent almost a week ago.

Do what you want, I'm tired of wasting my time trying to change him...

But now we can look down, and say we *really* tried. I mean, we really, really, really did try.

*But* did we try enough!? <laughs> Just kidding! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.