You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Riva Iron-Grip

what the hell? i haven't visited here in like 4-5 months. i just noticed my brother frequenting the site, and noticed that ppl were talking bout me. I never went to afghanistan. u kidding me. i'm only 17. haha. and i wouldn't. if i went, i would shoot my own damn troops and the israelis.

and the bad traders are because i lost my damn magic cards in the move. i just recently found a few of my boxes. and i think i know where my rares are. so everyone that i owe cards to, make a post here along with yer adress, and i'll send your cards off as soon as i see your post. okay? and i'm sorry about my brother. he's really pissing me off. he's starting to get further and further into hacking every second. that's all he does anymore. so i wouldn't be suprised if the site got screwed with.

again, my apologies. :) i hope you can all forgive me.

thomas

I

Istanbul

Color me skeptical.

I'll believe it when I see it.

(You either lied when you said you were going to Afghanistan in the Trading Post, or you're lying now. Either way, you lie.)

A

Almindhra

I would say the only reason Riva is saying this little thing about his bro is because Zadok debunked him with remembering his age...

Z

Zadok001

Actually, Ally, Ura said that first. I just confirmed it.

And Riva, you made another mistake. When you make up a person who's been "using your account" (in this case, your "brother") to defend yourself, two things to keep in mind. First, the message "confessing" to using the account should come AFTER the message from the "real" you stating your brother has been using the account. Second, you should not time the two messages only 9 minutes apart. That shows the two of you have either been simply swapping places in front of the 'puter, or you are, in fact, the same person. (Also note the use of the "sigs" at the base of each post. Same non-use of capitalization, same spacing and style for each quasi-sig. (The quasi-sig on this post is "thomas," go check the one on his "brother's" post.) Separate people won't do that.

And Isty's point is very valid here as well. You either lied when you said you were leaving (either that, or your brother conducts your trades, which I've no doubt we will soon be told to shift blame from you again), or you are lying about NOT leaving now. And if you lied about leaving, why DID you actually leave the site?

[LoL. Having just re-read the "brother's" post, I have indeed discovered the "brother" is responsible for all trade mishaps. Nice try, Riva. This is under discussion with the other Founders and Admins. --Editted in, Zadok001]

This story of yours is not dissimilar from the plot of "The One." Holes I could drive an aircraft carrier through, and really pathetic.

I

Istanbul

Posted 9-11-2001, 7:56 pm:
-----
i dont believe it. here in salinas california, the local draft board started a draft. I GOT DRAFTED. now i have to go to boot camp and all that crap. i'm going to be gone a minimum of at least 3 months. i'm soo screwed. damn. pisses me off. =( well, for all of the trades that i have right now; Quill, Istanbul, and URA, all of your cards are in the mail. sorry guys. =) i'll try and come back home. after i kill a few lil camel jockies tho. I got recruited to a long ranged infantry unit. (basically i'm a sniper). i'm kinda happy. i might get to take shots on bin Laden(or how eva u spell his name). Im' a sniper. HAHAHA. laters guys. i have to pack up now. i leave on friday.
-----

Explain, please?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
He lied to us about the numbers, and now he lied to us about going to afghanistan? Man, and I defended you about serving our country, too.

*Ransac dances the pigeon and Riva is knocked out.*

The only reasonable explanation I can think of for this is that your "brother" posted that, too. You just said that you haven't posted in about 4-5 months, so I MIGHT believe you. But, the nine minute lapse that Zadok mentioned just makes me a bit skeptical(I think this is the right word) about this whole thing.

That being said, WHO WANTS PUMPKIN PIE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There are lots of things you can do to prevent your "brother" from accessing your account. I'm still non-committal, but it doesn't really look good for you, Riva.

D

DÛke

...so he ripped you guys off.

So he...lied about himself.

So...? Yeah -- and?

Riva should *not* be banned, if that's what you mean by "This is under discussion with the other Founders and Admins," Zadok.
Posted 9-11-2001, 7:56 pm: [By Riva]
-----
i dont believe it. here in salinas california, the local draft board started a draft. I GOT DRAFTED. now i have to go to boot camp and all that crap. i'm going to be gone a minimum of at least 3 months. i'm soo screwed. damn. pisses me off. =( well, for all of the trades that i have right now; Quill, Istanbul, and URA, all of your cards are in the mail. sorry guys. =) i'll try and come back home. after i kill a few lil camel jockies tho. I got recruited to a long ranged infantry unit. (basically i'm a sniper). i'm kinda happy. i might get to take shots on bin Laden(or how eva u spell his name). Im' a sniper. HAHAHA. laters guys. i have to pack up now. i leave on friday.
-----

Explain, please?
Istanbul, I'm not going to defend him and some how make up a justification for this, and I certainly don't expect any member to accept anything he will say to justify himself, *but* all this is a prove that he's a lier. One big, loser lier that has nothing else to do but come here, lie, and steal some cards. So what?

About the cards, note this:
make a post here along with yer adress, and i'll send your cards off as soon as i see your post. okay?
Well, I haven't dealt with Riva before, and I don't know how many times he had said this but wasn't truthful, though, I think you should just wait and see if this time, at least, he's being honest.

If he is being honest, take your cards, and never deal and speak with him again, and he shouldn't be banned. Yet, I don't expect him to be well-treated. Just leave him alone, and soon he'll leave you all alone.

If he's not being honest about returning the cards, then, I'm done playing a lawyer unless something new arises...

In any case, the "issue" here should be that of the cards, not if he's a lier. Any consideration of Riva's removal from the CPA should be made solely because of the missing cards. Period.

Wait...

Did he just say "camel jockies" in that 9-11-2001 post of his?

That's it. Remove him!

Just kidding. :)

E

Evan_Mann

"Hi, my name is DUke and I like to defend liars and cheats for no good reason other then to be the guy on the other side of the argument..."

...like much else.

Z

Zadok001

DUke - He ripped two people here, and screwed up at least one other trade. THAT'S good reason to consider banning him. He vanished for two months, then returned under a series of inaccuracies and flat-out lies. He then expects us to welcome him into the fold? No.

The reason this was not under discussion before was simply that he was GONE. He's back now, and his lies compound the problem.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
For punishment, Riva must be dunked in a vat of hot, boiling, bubbling BUBBLEGUM!!!!!!!! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

As for D^ke, lay off him. He's trying to keep it real. No harm in trying to look at both sides fairly.

*whispering* D^ke needs to be dealt with. Call this number.

*Ransac hands Zadok a business card for Dunkin Donuts. Ransac winks. Zadok shrugs.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DÛke

...*sure* Riva is feeling the stupidest living form in the world right now. That enough, is a punishment. Besides, you guys don't have to welcome him.

Zadok, he ripped off two people here. Yeah. He also said he'll send the cards -- giving him one more chance is not going to be some big tragedy. Like I said, it's not hard to understand: if he sends the cards, ignore him, and restrain yourselves from dealing with him. Period. Don't ban him. Maybe he'll change; you should always give a last chance; let this chance be his last. If he doesn't send the cards back, than I'm out of it.

Again, you keep in focus of him being a lier. If he's going to be banned, there better be a greater reason than him having such a personal problem. If the focus is about the cards -- than let's see if he's going to do what he says. Give him 2 weeks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about the liar thing, but ripping two people off (and maybe three) is one (or two) too many. There shouldn't be ANY ripping off here.

And I do believe he got his warnings about this a long time ago...

D

DÛke

...?

...just 2 more weeks.

*He* got his warning? Obviously, the people needed to be warned, not him. If the people were made aware of him, than they wouldn't have traded with him unless they were stupider than him.

I think there should be a "sticky" post in the trading form, with a list of all the bad, dishonest, and/or traders that are not that great dealing with. This way, people can be warned. Warning a "criminal" isn't always as good as warning the victims. To make it better, have a list of all the great traders - like Istanbul - to direct people to where they need to be. It's not hard, and I believe it would help the trading community *a lot.*

D

DÛke

...I just visited the Trading Forum, and noticed that Zadok already came up with it.

Well. 2 weeks still. :D

M

MrXarvox

What if Riva DOES actually have a jerk of a brother who was indeed messing with his cards and his account?
Though it looks doubtful, it could be truth.

If he soon makes amends, leave him be. If he remains a ripper...
Ban him.

that simple.

F

fuzzy510

Say I decide to make a trade with you, rip you off, vanish, and then come back and lie about it. Would you be saying that I deserved another chance?

[Edit - I think that's exactly what he's saying - Spidey, who's too lazy to write a reply post]

I think that we really need to look at both sides of the argument here. And I have.

My conclusion is this: Riva, you don't deserve to be called scum. Oinkholes like yourself are the lowest living beings on Earth. You are a disgrace to the CPA. If you have even a shred of intelligence, you'll leave now before anybody has another chance to say anything to you. I hope I never have to read another piece of oink post from you again.

D

DÛke

...believe it or not, I would give another chance. Then after, *I* myself would find a way to rip the person off. Here's an actual brief example:

I was trading Dreamcast games over the internet, and I got ripped off $20 and 15 Dreamcast games. I simply asked the person to "please" send what he promised. He didn't. About three months of pleading and trying, I made another deal with the person with *another* email account and identity. I noticed that he was looking for a lot of Playstation 2 games, so I basically told him that I had *all* the Playstation 2 games he wanted, but I didn't since I'm into XBox anyway. I told him I'll give him 25 PS2 games for 20 Dreamcast games, provided that he sends first. That seemed like an incredible offer to him. I knew it would. He accepted; he sent first. I got the games, I sent him an email, told him "thanks for the free games," and I also added a ":)" to burn his already scared ego. I'm playing those games, and not feeling one bit guilty about it...while he's crying right now, trying to make the least of sense of the tragedy that is his life...

You just need to try hard and treat people with civility, and if that doesn't work, play their game, their way, but with new rules. Your rules.

Here it is, one final time: give him 2 weeks to send those cards he promised. If he doesn't, than ban him.

I think if he was to be banned, he should have been banned a long time ago, and not have a whole case and a "discussion with the other Founders and Admins," like Zadok said. That means there *is* a chance of not banning him. And, the people who got ripped shouldn't be expecting their cards back anyway, so give him 2 weeks and see what happens.

We've got nothing -- nothing -- to lose...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think if he was to be banned, he should have been banned a long time ago, and not have a whole case and a "discussion with the other Founders and Admins," like Zadok said
I agree with this and I think the only reason this has been brought up again is because of his "lying" which people have taken offense, somehow. I don't think there has been any new trade info going on, so I think raising the issue "this late" is a bit useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.