You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Istanbul

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Maybe he does have a little brother that's H@XX0Ring into his account. In which case, he needs to be removed as the liability he is.

Duke - He ripped off someone else (I can't remember their name) early this year. He then proceeded to rip Ura off. He TRIED to rip me off, but I was fortunate enough to know him well enough to refuse to send first.

I have no use for thieves. Even if the cards arrived today, they'd be three months late. I also have no use for people who would use one of the greatest tragedies ever to befall America as an excuse to duck out on his responsibilities. I realize that you're trying to give him another chance, but realize that he's already HAD 'another chance' after the first person he ripped off, and look what happened! He's demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that he's a leopard that's not about to change his spots.

If nothing else, he's irresponsible with his account and a liar. His presence offends me. If you were among a group of friends and someone got caught stealing your cards and lying to you about it, that person would be banished from the group of friends. As this place resembles nothing so much as a group of friends, I think the reaction should be the same.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I have an idea. We start a thread called "come clean for Riva"

we explain how we all feel about the situation, and give him a chance to fess up. If he says it's true about him ripping people, we give him a chance to apologize SINCERELY to each member that he did this to.

We also give him achance to explain his motives for lying. If he feeds us another line about his brother...then we ban the MOTHER!!!

just things as I see conveneient.

T.J.:p

Z

Zadok001

DUke - Why two weeks? He's had MONTHS to come clean and send his cards. Saying now "You have two weeks to give us our cards back" is essentially saying "We don't care that they're late, or that you tried to rip us off, as long as you're nice and give us our cards EVENTUALLY."

And that's not an accurate summation of our opinions. Riva has ripped twice, and tried for a triple play. Giving him two weeks to redeem himself is pointless, since he hasn't earned any right at redemption. Rather than trying to redeem or justify his actions, he's gleefully gone on a lying spree to try to hide what he did. His lies have failed him. Now that all his other options are exhausted, I'm not going to give him the option to "Just give up, and we'll leave you alone." That's absurd. He cheated two people. Then he lied about it. Then he lied about lying about it. At this point, I don't think giving him two weeks to come clean is justified. Whether or not we ban him is open for debate, both by the people here, and by the Admins in the our forum. I'll be watching both debates. Right now, I'm not quite sure where I stand.

I have taken secondary measures to deal with this problem. If those measures are successful, chances are bannings will not be in order.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

actually the 9 minute time was because i saw him posting and i read everything and made a new post. that's why.

and i left because i was doing oink and got sick of the crap that went on here. i dont think that i've posted since august. right before school started here on the 15. and the trades were most likely my brother trading off my cards. i'll still send them, along with a few others if you would like. i'll throw some in for good measures okay?

and i'm sorry about what my bro's been doing. he's a dork. but i'm trying to fix it all. and if you ban me, i dont care. i'll leave and never forget you guys. but whatever. dont really care.

what kind of evidence am i supposed to get? huh? what my brother's confession? that'll be impossible to get.

thomas

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Note:Keep in mind I do like to bring up points that vaildate both sides of the arguements, so I hope I don't come off as a hypocrite.

You know, I actually thought that that was a possible situation. I mean, think about it. He catches his brother while he's on-line. He reads his of his mischiefs and hastily replys with an excuse/apology.

I never wanted to see Riva as a bad person after the Battle Arena relationship you have created with my brother, Prince RXI, who likes to fight you. However, I'm not convinced on either side, yet.

I say we still boil him in Bubblegum. Just for gits and shiggles.

Ransac, cpa trash man

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, what you all don't seem to realize is that before Thomas took off on a career of lying and stealing from his online friends he had a serious potty-mouth problem, which got him not one but 2 different final warnings.

He blamed it on his "Evil Twin" back then, too, and promised to be good afterwards. And he was, for a while, but then this whole lying and stealing thing came up, and he disappeared.

Now he's back, and guess what? I've had to edit 2 more of his posts for profanity.

This is getting old...:mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
To me, lying is merely an effect of the messed up trading. Taken together, the related combination would be cause for banning. But it's still not clear to me how lying about his kills in Afghanistan (let alone lying about going to Afghanistan in the first place) ALONE warrants banning (which is how I'm seeing the issue).

Right now it seems to be separate issues: He's an alleged ripper and he lies about Afghanistan. The former is grounds for banishment, the latter is not.

D

DÛke

...you know, if he was truely up for banning, than like I said, he should have been banned a long, long, long, loooooooong time ago, especially since you perfectly declared that "He's had MONTHS to come clean and send his cards." If he's that well known of being a theif (for "months"), then he should have been, in fact, banned *months* ago.

Right now, I see that this whole thing started because he started yet another one obvious lie of his, hence that in the beginning of his "I'm back" thread, people were a bit angery at him for lying, and maybe some personal disliking, but the first issue that arose was *not* the cards.
Evan_Mann, the first reply to the thread:

...Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Zadok, the second reply to the thread:

*blink*
Mr.X, the third reply to the thread:

<Agrees with Evan_Mann>
Istanbul then makes a comment, most likely arising for his experiences with Riva, and then...
Ransac, the fifth reply to the thread:

All your lies are belong to us.
Ademis, the sixth response to the thread:

Wow! I just watched this movie called sniper... now ain't that a coincidink.

Come on 572? What were you using... bombs?

Oh sorry... Welcome back.
Only after those responses, do we observe Ura stating:
Ura:

Gee, something in here smells like bulloink. Oh, its you Riva.
Where's my mana vault you little thief?
Even you, Zadok, seemed concerned for the lies rather than the clearly missing cards of Ura:
Zadok:

Riva - 572 is absurd. I'm sorry. Totally absurd. I'd love to see said materials. I'd also love to hear how all the trades you've been involved with end up badly.
And then...
Turtlewax Joe:

Shut your hole and stop lying. No way did you kill 500 and what ever...
From there, the discussion begins to heat up. While the main focus still remaning at him being a big lier...

Forget the fact that he maybe a lier. Focus on the cards. Give him the time, and see what happens. What have you got to lose? Zadok, you've already shown him that you're able to tolerate him by not banning him in the first place from the first time he screwed up with trades, which, according to you, was "months" ago. So ehey, give him the time...

Z

Zadok001

DUke - If someone who warrants banning vanishes from a message board for two months, why bother banning him? He's GONE. He's back now, and his return was heralded by a series of lies trying to dodge responsibility. What we have here is a thief and a lier. I see two problems here.

1. He is a thief. Yes, we probably should have banned him months ago. That was perhaps a mistake on our part, but when he vanished, I assumed the problem was solved. Remember, only shortly after his series of rips did he "get drafted."

2. He is a lier. To be honest, had Riva returned, apologized, and sent out the cards, I could see letting him off. So yes, this does upset me. I don't like it when people lie to me. I don't like it when people try to dodge responsibilities. In this case, he has done both. Additionally, he is using what I consider an enormous tradegy (9-11, and the war in Afganistan) to escape that responsibility. My sense of justice was greatly offended by the war America started here, but it angers me even more to see some random citizen using this war as an excuse to get out of doing something he doesn't want to do, something in fact illegal. That's pretty bad.

Perhaps we did make a mistake when Riva wasn't banned after his second offense. But right now, it seems, you are asking me to hesitate for MORE time, which doesn't make any sense. You want us to wait even longer, give him even MORE time, when he's already had months? You're not happy that we have him two months, so you want us to give him two more weeks? I missed something.

Riva will have at least some time, right now. If he is wise, the cards are in the mail. We may not need to ban him on this, depending on several issues. He will get his time, DUke. But he'd better make good on that time, because I won't stand for thieves and liers.

A

Apollo

Random note to those who were ripped off:

Riva's obviously fairly young (I'm thinking 13-15, though you'll never be sure). So if you've still got his adress, send a letter "To the parents of..." Explain what happened, how he's been lying and how he's ripped off several people. He might be able to talk his way out of one letter, but if a couple people write, they'll believe you. If they're like most parents, they'll ground his butt and get you your cards. If not, well, you didn't lose anything. But it's worked for me in the past with kids that have tried to rip me off.

Wasn't he "suspended" for a week or some such already, for his repeated profanity? Back when he was Black_Knight666 or some such?

A

Aku Necromancer

I might be wrong about this, but what is banning him gonna prove? If he really was desperate to stay with the CPA community, there isnt anything stoping him from making a new account, or is there?

N

nodnarb24

I think if you ban someone, it blocks the IP address, so they can't register again. But I could be wrong.

D

DÛke

First, Zadok, how can you say he just "vanished," when actually he made up an execuse to get out of responsibility, meaing that he's most likely to return -- in which case he should have been banned upon his "vanishing" notice, to assure his never coming back here?

Second...
Zadok:

He is a lier. To be honest, had Riva returned, apologized, and sent out the cards, I could see letting him off.
To be honest, it takes a great man to apologize. We already know that Riva is not a great man strictly due to his lack of morality. Wanting a theif and a lier to apologize is like wanting Osama bin Ladin come out and kiss Bush's @55. Even though he did it upon our impact, he's still supposedly sending the cards to thier owners, and since you are willing to give him the time...let's see if he's, at least, wise enough to give back what does not belong to him. An apology, from such a person, though, should never be expected...we're not dealing with Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson here.

In any case, I see no point in banning him. Why, exactly, ban him? People will not trade with him any longer due to the action you have taken, Zadok -- so why ban him? It seems obvious that he's nobody here in the CPA, nobody that anybody wants to deal with in any kind of way. I think everyone is aware of him and his ways now. If it was up to me, I wouldn't ban him at all...I'd leave him here to be ignored by the many members. Soon enough he'll break down and either leave or apologize out of his own will...it's too late now for banning to be effective...he's already "banned" from the community whether we like it or not. Also, him being here un-banned yet 99% ignored is more of an insult than banning him, don't ya agree? This is totally up to whom it may concern, though...

Nodnarb, banning him will block the IP address. No futher accounts can be made from the computer he got banned from...

Riva, *if* you're reading this...don't let this be a waste of my time; act wisely...for once.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sure, banning the IP address will work. But, what if he is in a situation like me where I go to a computer lab to communicate with you guys. I have about twenty-five computers in the lab in my dorm. There's also the lab in my food court, a lab in the union center, a lab in my Music building, and my friends all have internet access in their rooms. If we wanted to ban him, we really couldn't find a sure-fire way to do so.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Z

Zadok001

"An apology, from such a person, though, should never be expected...we're not dealing with Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson here."

First of all... Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson? These are our role models? :) Please.

However, I believe he should be held to same standards as we hold ourselves. An apology WOULD be all but a requirement here. Anyone can bring themselves to say "I'm sorry." Anyone.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Wasn't he "suspended" for a week or some such already, for his repeated profanity? Back when he was Black_Knight666 or some such?
That was I think Death_){night666, and yes, he was. It helped for a while, but Thomas has shown a tendency to backslide over and over again.

And on the question of why ban him now but not before: From what I remember we decided not to ban him before in order to give him a chance to make good on the deals, so the people who got ripped off by him might still have a chance to get their cards. Then, as Zadok said, he made his lame excuse and disappeared, so the idea of banning him didn't really come up again until now.

So here we are...:rolleyes:

Z

Zadok001

By the end of the week, we should have some interesting progress. I'll say that much.

A

arhar

Wow, you guys (the mods) have infinite patience.... If I was ever a mod, bannings would fly like butterflies :D

What, you disagree with me? YOU'RE BANNED!

What, you don't like my deck idea? YOU'RE BANNED!

What, you dare criticize my article! YOU'RE BANNED!

What, you don't wanna trade with me? YOU'RE BANNED!!

Ahhh..... and to think of what I could do if I become a president....

Umm, sorry, didn't realize I was still typing.

Anyway, I think enough is enough and let Gollum crawl back into the cave he came from. This is not Mother Theresa's Salvation Army, or whatever that thing's called.

Sorry for the slight off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.