Yet another werewolf game

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I wanted to let Orgg deliver his last words before posting, but I guess he'll have to deliver his speech, er, posthumously...

After Orgg has said these words, the box is kicked out from under him. He struggles and finally stops moving. Everyone waits intently. But nothing happens. You lot have killed Orgg, and I hope you're happy with what you've done. Nevermore will his beautiful music fill the air. Never again--anyway, with the sun setting, everyone returns home, weapons at ready, to face the werewolves.

At first nothing seems to be amiss. You listen intently, but hear nothing. Maybe Oversoul was wrong. Maybe there are no wolves...

Faintly, you can hear a man sobbing. He seems crazed. But no one goes out to help him. It might be a trap. His unintelligable raving continues, gradually growing more lupine. And then the second werewolf can be heard. But the wolves are not running about town causing destruction. They are not breaking into any homes. The sound is unmistakable. They are fighting, and you're almost positive that they are fighting each other! Perhaps one of the werewolves has enough humanity left to resist his evil urges and instead attack the other werewolf...

After what seems like hours of howling and clawing and yelping, it appears that one werewolf has the upper hand. But which one? As you hesitate, unsure of how to react, you realize that someone finally has reacted. A man can be heard shouting. But no matter how you try, you can't make out just whose voice it is. He fires several shots and curses whatever it is he's shooting at. Finally silence falls on the town. Are both werewolves dead?

Yeah, you'd like that, I'm sure! It becomes apparent this is not the case, when the howling recommences and there are still two wolves...

You don't know when you fell asleep, but at some point, you did. As you convene in the town square, it becomes clear what has happened. Everyone who was here yesterday is still present. But Hrothmar is very much dead and very much a werewolf. He has a few scratches and superficial wounds from his clash with the other werewolf, but the killing blow definitely came from eight shotgun slugs having been pumped into his body point blank. There is a traitor in your midst. Only two werewolves killed Oversoul, but one of them is accounted for. There are again two, but one of them stayed human long enough to shoot Hrothmar. It would seem that one of you who was human yesterday succumbed to lycanthropy overnight. But which one? It was certainly the same man who shouted and cursed Hrothmar as you waited in your homes. But you just can't place which voice that was...

On a more pleasant note, this struggle bought you enough time that the werewolves were unable to claim another innocent victim.

After giving an honorable burial to Orgg and (following some argumentation on the appropriateness of the matter) Hrothmar, everyone meets to discuss the current situation.

Note: This was not at all how I had originally planned it, but I had to do something about Hrothmar. Being absent since before the game even starts is bad enough if you're a villager, but he wasn't. With the confusion due to absences from last time, I figured it would be better to just kill him and replace him at this early stage, rather than causing bigger problems later on. I don't know if I made the right decision or not, but we'll see. Live and learn...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I think it's a good idea!

Well, we're right back to where we started, except we have 2 less villagers (one hanged and one turned). So who to suspect? I wasn't really for Limited, just thought I had to vote for someone. But so far, no real clue...

L

Limited

Humpf!

I reckon Spidey seems to be backpaddling mighty quick..

**Good way to keep the game going. I'll ask Hrothmar what happened to his forum presence sometime**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Yeah, do that. I've got a couple of games on hold with him!

Hey, I can keep my vote for you. Doesn't matter to me... :)

T

train

"Man, what a sight... can't believe this is the way things turned out... Three wolves overall?...

This looks like the shot was a good one... One only Mister Mooseman could make..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Youse guys mean that he were voting on who was a WEREWOLF?!?!?!?!?! Man, I thought he was just HANGING people!!!! I didn't like Mr. Orgg for his music. He needed some lessons.

But, I must say that my usual evening activites were thwarted by the sounds of them wolves last night. I'll go broke if I can't stea........ I mean, loo........ I mean....... treasure hunt (yeah, that's it) for a living...

...that is, unless youse guys wanna BUY some stuff from me. I don't gots silver bullets, but I gots some silverWARE that you could throw at them werewolves.

And, and just so youse guys know, I, uh, looked through the dearly departeds' pockets before they wuz buried (don't wanna let things go to waste, you know). Turns out our werewolf friend had this here watch. Not sure if it has any significance, but it doesn't work. So, I figures it could be a clue of some sorts. Maybe? Maybe not? Well, you guys look at it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

"A clue, or just his personal watch... what would make you think it was otherwise?... I must say, everything I gather keeps me pointing to Mister Moosie..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Just like you pointed to Mr. Orgg?"
"If'n I had been the one ta shoot the varmit, we'd be hanging him right now. As far as I know, rock salt don't kill werewolves, but maybe Mr. Train knows more'n the rest of us about werewolves"
"By the by, Mr Choo-Choo, youse would use a shotgun, because you donna haffta be a good shot to hit sumtin."

T

train

"Just like I pointed to Mr. Orgg... You gots plenty o time to convince me you aren't one of them... but the only ones we know of around here the may have the guns on them would be you and sir Ransac... When time comes to cast my vote it'll be you, Ransac or, someone else not making tons of sense..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Ha Ha, you are plum loco and don't make any sense, so will you vote for yourself?."
"If'n you come anywhere near me, I'll put a bit o rock salt in your hide."

"Monsters act crazy and unpredictable, a lot like Mr. Train is acting."

*mooseman rests his shotgun in his hands, but keeps it point toward Train*

E

EricBess

Hm...Mooseman's bin clear 'bout only us'n Rock Salt ta powder his targets. I got's me a pea shooter meself, but s'more fer show than shoot'n. Ransac, you sell any pistols yesterday cuz I'm thinkin' you're the only other'n whose spoken 'bout hav'n a gun on'ya?

D

DarthFerret

Gentlemen, Gentlemen please, lets put away the firearms and discuss this civilly. Obviously we have differing ideas on the actions of those poor souls who are infected by this lycanthropy. Would we not be better off spending our time attempting to discover the identities of these fiends? I have witnessed a bunch of slander back and forth, enough to put a Governer's political battle to shame. Why don't we examine some of the facts as we know them while we are waiting for those samples of the rocks to get back.

What I can see so far, is that there is one lawbreaker among us. Typically people would point fingers at that person thinking that if they break one law, they are willing to break others. However, would a murder admit that he is also a petty thief? Would that not put him too much in the lime-light?

I, for one, am ready to hear some concrete facts and some lucid arguments before we start lynching up anyone else here. Train makes a somewhat clear argument about the fact that we did hear shots last night. This would seem to link at least one of the werewolves to a person who is carrying some type of firearm. Let us take stock of who these people are, and their alabi's for last night.

Additionally, we do seem to have a few outsiders in this group. I think each person should give a bit more detailed background, to see if anyone may be lying about who they are.

I for one, can start myself. Many of you local residents may not recognize me, as I seldom venture out of my office. My office is located just off of the town square, the one with the garage attatched. I have been seen occasionally at some of the local High School functions, and have been asked to speak at a couple of crime prevention conventions. My speciality is to gather up clues, and look for the microscopic evidence that most investigators overlook. I have a degree from Berkley, and spent two years studying under some prestigious collegues at Scotland Yard in the Hounslow Police Station in Chiswick, Middlesex. It was there that I suffered a horrific accident that left me in my current condition. If you would like to see my credentials, I will gladly produce them for you.

Is there anyone else here who would like to enlighten us with a bit of thier own history, or even ask me a few questions?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I wish I solds a firearm yesterday. But, no, none of you guys bought anything. I'm going broke here.

As far as my alibi goes, I was about to go out and ..... "collect some business" for the evening. But, as I mentioned before, my attempts were thwarted. As I was about to do some ...... treasure hunting, I heard them mongrels howling and going at it. At first, I was goin' to muscle up the courage to try and "sell" them something (maybe some Alpo), but then someone started shooting. I turned tail and hid underneath my bed for the rest of the night........ and I have fresh urine stains there to prove it.

I didn't make ANY money yesterday OR last night. It was a COMPLETE failure.

*Ransac hangs his head in shame.*

Oh well, extremely sad to see that Mr. Orgg wasn't the culprit. I'm NOT sad that his outta tune banjo is silenced, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

"What I can see so far, is that there is one lawbreaker among us. Typically people would point fingers at that person thinking that if they break one law, they are willing to break others. However, would a murder admit that he is also a petty thief? Would that not put him too much in the lime-light?"
How would it be against the law to kill the werewolf that was trying to kill you? Even if it were, someone that breaks the law regularly would continue to it's simply thier nature. Mooseman was very clear to his intent, and I belive him. On the other hand doc your protective argument for ransac leads me to think he was the one turned and you are the other original wolf. At what point down the road were you planning to use the werewolves code explained to us by oversoul to explain your not being attacked? I tell you what, I am so sure that these are the facts of the matter that untill such time as I am hanged or killed at night that I shall only vote for the two of you. No argument will sway me, your silver tounge do it's worst to diswade the others I shall not waver.

Attachments

L

Limited

Humpf!
I don' reckon that a petty thief would 'ave the stomach for killing. Seems to me that some people be using words to accuse, 'stead of simply pointing fingers.

D

DarthFerret

My dear Sagerider? Me, a silver tongue? Hmm, could it be that you fear my "Silver" tongue? Why is it that you would be afraid of silver? I once heard a rumor that werewolves were afraid of silver or allergic to it. I find that some of the phrases you let slip out, could be betraying an underlying nature? And also, I do notice how you jump into an accusation, yet do not wish to divulge more information about yourself. What is it that you are trying to hide?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I prefer the term "treasure hunter", truth be told. AND, as the urine stains next to my bed prove, I'm....... a coward when it comes to physical confrontation.

And, if the doc just said that werewolves have allergries to silver, then how comes I can carry all of this silverware!!!!....... that I.... found a week ago....??

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I bedded down in Oversoul's old place, as I figured dem dare varmits would be back an I ain't got no place in town ta stay. An I knowed that he had an old shootin iron, as he used to scare all the children wit it, crazy idjit, but it wasn't in his place...... Fact is, I never seen him use the dirn thing.

Now, I don't know many of you and I don't trust ya either, but those that go a pointing at others, seem to be a just trying ta get us all work up in to a frenzy and not to be thinking right.

If'n Mr. Sageridder and Mr. Limited want to help, they can stop wagging their tongues and start making sense.

T

train

"I just don't know... I think Mr. Moosie is convincing me more that it is him... "not having a place" but being in these hills all these years... Don't see why if this town was paying so good for services, he wouldn't have a room at the inn..."

L

Limited

Humpf!
I reckon Mr Moose is a plain spoken man, and I like that.
Unlike Ransac and DarthFerret, who seem to be all about words and changing subjects.
Gots me wondering what else they can change..