Werewolves: Twilight

T

train

Read as an individual...
You awake half in water, half out, amongst driftwood washed ashore this gravel beach you lay on...
You can feel the water rolling up and down your body as the waves landfall.
Your clothes are torn and there are broken planks of wood all around you.
Your body burns with a sensation you haven't felt before...

The light of the stars above is not visible because of the dense fog
...but you begin to hear others moaning around you...

"There are others? you ask yourself... then it all comes back to you..."
You all were heading to the new colony...
comfortably sleeping in the compartment, you were awakened by a blood-curdling scream...

You hurried to get where the scream was coming from...

Read as a group...
Others opened compartment doors and ran through the corridor to get top deck...

Once there it was evident... The captain, Waylay, had been slain and mutilated by what appeared to be a rabid dog...
all of you began looking around...
suddenly a shadowy figure, features covered by the darkness of night, leaped overboard and plunged into the water...

As you all began hurrying over to the railing, you noticed a shadow on the waters...
The ship was heading into jagged rocks along the coast of some land...

No one had time to try and steer before the first of many rocks began crashing into the side of the ship...

Your next memory is the rush of cold water around you... the struggle to stay afloat... and then nothing...

You begin mustering up the strength to move and realize that the burning sensation is that of sea salt entering your scrapes and wounds

From what happened on the ship, there is a dangerous individual here somewhere...

As this was only the first night of your journey, you know nothing of other companions - but must weed out the dangerous individual if all else are to be safe.

You muscle up the strength and begin explaining the dire circumstances you all are in and what must be done... Waylay's body is nowhere to be found... it must have vanquished at end of turning onto the rocks...

As you all begin realizing the situation, it becomes apparent that one of you is a werewolf, and must be killed.

Dawn is breaking over the ocean and the fog begins to lift...

You all have until the dusk to determine who the wolf is, kill them, and hope you can also achieve to be rescued...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Man! Not only do we have to find this killer but we need shelter, water, and food or we won't need to find the killer; the elements will do it for him! I'll start with the shelter."

I start scouting out a good area past the gravel and seeing if there's any dead logs/trees/wood around.

L

Limited

"We're doomed! We are all going to die!"

Limited sobs uncontrollably

turgy22

Nothing Special
Keep yer chins up, boys! As first mate of our departed vessel, I can assure you that Cap'n Waylay and I've survived much worse situations than this.

There was the time we were attacked by pirates and had to fend them off with nothing but kitchen utensils. The time we drank too much, fell off the ship and had to swim 30 miles after it. The time we spent with a lady of unsavory character who gave us each a bout of the syph.

I assure you all, we'll make it through this little snafu. Well, I suppose ol' Waylay won't, but the rest of us will. We just need to keep our wits about us and focus on the tasks at hand.

Ransac, EricBess - why don't you boys search for a fresh water supply?
Mooseman, Melkor - help Spiderman with a shelter. Maybe you can scrounge up some flotsam from the ship.
Oversoul - why don't you come with me and see if we can't get a fire started?
DarthFerret - stay here with Limited until he stops blubbering all over himself.

Once everything's set, we can try and figure out who ruined our voyage by sending ol' Waylay to the giant life raft in the sky.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This is an unfortunate day. But, if all of pull together and give thanks to the lord above that we safely found our way to the shore.

*Ransac says a prayer.*

Mr. turgy22, I will indeed go find some water, but not because you tell me to. When we have our Sunday services, we will need holy water. I go out of the Lord's will and love.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

As the group begins to gather themselves and determine the best course of action, Spidey heads off East looking for Shelter materials...

Ransac has trudged north into the trees and disappeared behind the dense foilage looking for Sunday service water...

Day will end tomorrow - have votes cast by then...

L

Limited

Turgy22

I am never one to cast the first stone, but I cannot believe that Turgy22 is well-intented if he is so chipper after such a tragedy. Captain Waylay is dead and Turgy22 does not seem to care!

Spidey, I hope you find enough shelter material to build us a gallow..

E

EricBess

* I saw this on TV once... Torch, need a torch. Fire is life. Food, yeah... *

"I'll go fishing"

* They never vote off the guy that's getting the fish. turgy wants me to find water, but the bossy ones always get voted off early anyway *

D

DarthFerret

Okay, well, I ain't paitient enough ta watch tis feller here. I's a gonna do what me does best, first and a'fore an' thing else. As'n I ain't a knowin any o' ya exceptin me brother Oversoul o'er there, I gonna be keepin me eye on y'all. An' right-ways me gonna see'n where we is.

**That said, DarthFerret scrambles up the embankment, to a tallish tree, and begins to climb it as easy as ye climbs a lookout post. Peers around for a small time, and then shimmies back down.**

Well, we musta been makin better time n'I thoughts. I cain't see no o'er land in sight...

I guessin' I best be helpin's with the shelter'n all.

**Goes to help Spidey in his quest to find sheltering materials...**

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac runs back from the forest.*

Gentlemen! I have found a running stream of water. However, it is not clear and has some sediment and dirt running with it. With the Lord's help and guidance, I pray that one of you crew members know how to naturally filter, PURIFY, the water so that I may bless it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Cripes, tomorrow? I'm off 'cause of the holiday... I'll have to throw out a vote today then...

I come running back to the group.

"Hey guys, check this out! Right over there <pointing to the east> there's a little cove that that can provide some cover and a good place to fish! And there's a whole bunch of driftwood and planks and whatnot from the ship that's floating there! Not only that, I think I saw some casks of ale! Woooo! C'mon, DarthFerret! Oh, and if you get anything EricBess, I'll fry us up a nice meal, as just because I'm not on a ship doesn't mean I forgot how to cook!"

I head back east and start gathering the planks and logs and driftwood to make a wood shelter. I also get the casks together when I'm done and crack one open.

T

train

(Voting can be pushed out until Monday if you all think the role-playing would benefit... please let me know...)

Ericbess and Darthferret head off East, the direction Spidey is coming from...

E

EricBess

Ericbess soon returns, sporting a couple of barrels of ale, a makeshift net, and a small guppy he managed to catch...

* Okay, so the fish isn't much yet, but at least it's something. I should practice daily and also go look for some coconuts or something, just in case. At least I get to be the bearer of good news *

"Treemail" - he sets the ale down for everyone to share.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Mooseman wanders to the east to the cove that was discovered. "I do believe these plants and roots will add flavor and substance to any other food we can find or catch," as he places a few tan looking roots and several different sprigs of greenery.
"If we only had a pot and some fish, I could make a hearty stew for us."

Melkor

Well, these old bones have been through a lot, but I never expected to go through a shipwreck. Aye, tis true that I've heard tales of the cursed lycanthropes, never thought I'd live through that either, both at once of course seems highly improbable, but the man upstairs never asked me what I thought about it anyway. I'll help as I can about the camp, but its all for nothing if we don't get at the werewolf. I'd hate to think I was building a shelter for the wolf to live in after he'd killed me.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm not happy that Waylay's gone. Me and the ol' boy had been through hell and back together. But he's not here now and there ain't much that can be done about it now. Every good mate knows that the most important part of surviving a disaster like this is to maintain a positive mental attitude. We can mourn after we're set up to survive and deal with the man responsible for this.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd best be getting a fire started before nightfall.

Turgy22 grabs some dry brush out of the woods and pulls a flask out of his pocket. He dowses the brush with the liquid in the flask and swipes Melkor's spectacles, focusing a beam of light on the brush. In a few moments, the brush ignites in a ball of fire, rising up in Turgy's face.

Ahhhh! My eyebrows!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Does not one of you sailing lads have a method of purification to help us with our water supply!!??!??!?!!! What kind of sailors are you!?!?!

*Ransac kneels and prays for sanity and common sense amongst the group.*

ooc: Ransac praying for sanity..... HA!

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

Those still present notice the flash and get a small laugh out of Turgy22 now missing eyebrows...

Ransac, after laughing, realizes that no one is sure how to purify the water yet... but the cooks are looking to make some food...

The fire is remaining lit on embers until more fuel is added to it... it begins to be a chore trying to make sure there will be enough wood to burn for days it may take to be rescued...

The day begins to pass as the group gathers up material for food and shelter...
wild animal noises can be heard from atop the trees... Birds fly overhead, and gulls dive in the water for small fish...The waves are relelntlessly landing ashore bringing more debris from the wreck...

two books wash ashore, missing some pages.... a wood-cased lantern is cracked and deemed useless... The cane Captain Waylay used to lean on washes up and brings back visions of his mutilated body by the wheel...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well lookee here... some reading material."

I start paging through the books to see what they might hold.