Werewolf 2

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If you remember correctly, I did not side with Limited, but defended myself against Oversoul's baseless accusations. I guess his inner eye was on the fritz.
But, if you hang me, you doom the entire village as the werewolf will win.
I have given my reasons for voting for TomB and those reasons have not been refuted.
My dear Spiderman, you have doomed this village, not only did you kill the only one who could help us (Oversoul), but now you illogically vote to kill me and allow the werewolf to triumph...... hmmmmmm......
Don't gamble, you have no luck.... but then you will be dead soon after I hang for your incompetence..... :(

Z

Zigathon

Not to interrupt again, but I kind of like the idea of The Silver Bullet. It adds a nice twist to the seer's role because any person they check could eliminate them.
Also, it adds even more paranoia during the final stages of the game.

Either way is fine with me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, going back and re-reading what was said, it was Limited who agreed with your arguments. So it's either a case of the werewolves being in cahoots with each other or Limited was taken in by a misinformed villager.

And yeah, it's unfortunate I killed our seer, but I think the seer should have been more careful to begin with. And if you and Limited had your way during the first round of voting, you would have hung our seer and thus doomed our village even earlier.

So I'm still going with you unless you can show evidence why it might be the other two or they say something to make me change my mind.

E

EricBess

I was already leaning in Mooseman's direction and the tales of woe he tells look awefully similar to the tales of woe told by sagerrider last game. In sagerrider's case, we know it was the last ditch effort of a werewolf to try to save his skin and I have no reason to believe it is any different this time.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, it looks like the werewolf won this one.
BTW - Whoever is the 2nd wolf, you played a good game. Totally suckered the other two villagers, and if it's not TomB, I was suckered too.

Eric - remember, I didn't play in the last game..... bad reasoning, but I guess it's too late for this village.

So long cruel world, at least I won't be eaten by the wolf....... :(

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure Spidey, but in case I wasn't clear I am voting for Mooseman too...I had forgotten about how the voting went a couple of days ago, but in looking back I see what you mean. Mooseman was the first to accuse Oversoul (granted, in return for having been accused BY Oversoul), then Limited chimed in and the accusations went back and forth between them while Moosie slipped under the radar again.

Isn't it odd though that our Seer picked you two out on the first day like that Moosie? ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
TomB said:
I'm not sure Spidey, but in case I wasn't clear I am voting for Mooseman too...I had forgotten about how the voting went a couple of days ago, but in looking back I see what you mean. Mooseman was the first to accuse Oversoul (granted, in return for having been accused BY Oversoul), then Limited chimed in and the accusations went back and forth between them while Moosie slipped under the radar again.

Isn't it odd though that our Seer picked you two out on the first day like that Moosie? ;)

Well, Wolfboy, isn't interesting how you flew under the radar the entire time? ;)

If you look back, the seer pulled that accusation back, probably after getting a vision that I'm not a wolf. But, he never stopped accusing the fiend, Limited.

Thank you for pointing out a reason why I'm not the wolf, I had forgotten.

I still stand by my original deductive reasoning.

B

BigBlue

OK, well, I darted into work to check my email really quick... and see how things were here...

As I see it the votes are 3-1 with Mooseman getting the noose? Spidey and TomB each grab an arm, they tie your hands together and lead you to the gallows... You are standing on the trapdoor... The noose is around your neck... Speak now or forever hold your peace... if anyone decides to change their votes, we'll discuss it (on Monday)...

Have a good weekend...

((((Well, as I understood it from EricBess - who ran the only other game of Werewolf I've been involved with and I was Seer.... The seer was more an investigator who followed their target to observe their behavior... The Silver Bullet thing actually came up due to that odd "shot" at the end of our round... I thought it would make an interesting twist, and would be fair since the owner of the bullet could accidentally shoot the seer if they were investigated... I was keeping it secret completely for plot purposes... I would have given spidey more insight into how seers work had I known he was thinking it was a safe shot. I did give him the opportunity to choose not to shoot - but he was told if he'd held back there might not be a chance to get the target... For that I apologize... but I was new to the game and thought it was known that seers were investigators... OK, now back to your regularly scheduled lynching...))))

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, there you have gone a done it. Damned this village to destruction.
If I had had the silver bullet, I would not have shot the seer. Spiderman, I lay this doom on you, since your inept handling of the investigation and, following the mob in making your decisions.
Wolf boy, I salute you. You have flown under the radar and were able to convince these two spineless ones to follow your lead and hang the only one with the &*^% to reason this out.
Please eat Spider man tonight, since he gives investigation an bad name.

Well, do you have the guts to go through with this?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I am actually not sure that Mooseman is the werewolf - it seems illogical that both werewolves would vote for the same person during the first day and thus give themselves away. Limited did jump on Mooseman's bandwagon against Oversoul, he didn't start the accusation....

So even though our inept victim here would not have "shot" the seer, he would have hanged him first instead, I don't think Mooseman is the werewolf. Which leaves EricBess and TomB... but which one, I'm not sure.

So I withdraw my vote for Mooseman but still want to know what happens in a tie vote.

E

EricBess

Hmm...Interesting point, Spidey.

I'm not convinced, though. The werewolves have been pretty clever on this one. Even rereading it, it doesn't seem like a "gang up" and might have been deliberate. I don't know...call it a gut feeling on this one, but I'm going to stick with my vote for now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I just think it'd be too obvious for both werewolves to vote for the same person, especially when they're the only two who are voting for that person.

So still need to see what would happen in a tie... or changing my vote doesn't matter.

B

BigBlue

It is now 5:30, a half an hour after the normal hanging.

So I can get things straight in my head....

The current votes are:

Spiderman - Undecided, perhaps a vote of "not Mooseman, and presumably not himself"...
EricBess - Mooseman
TomB - Mooseman
Mooseman - TomB

If Spidey were to vote for TomB, then we'd have a tie vote. You want to know how we would proceed... I view my role as storyteller, and as such it is my responsibility to stay as little involved in the outcome as possible... already we have had an aberation due to a failure on my part to explain more fully the *rules*... Due to trying to leave the game as open as possible and not become involved myself I did not lay out any rules - for there is no storyteller in our lives who says what you can and cannot do... Assumptions were made on my part and your part which had tragic results for Oversoul... For my part I apologize... I really think this is your game, not mine... I simply want to tell the tale as best as I can of how Deadwood Gulch dealt with werewolves - or failed to deal with them... Therefore I think it is up to you folks to decide how to proceed. I have my own opinion on the matter but I will give you the following as to how I will absolutely adjucate this... if no decision is made by majority by tonight, there will be no hanging for it will be a "hung jury" (the pun is only partially intended :D ). The werewolf will eat a villager tonight and we will have a new day tomorrow with 2 villagers and one wolf. Each of you now have a role in this. In order to best accomplish this task I am going to make one concession, I want to insure everyone has a chance to voice their final opinion, and be 100% certain of the final verdict... Really, it is up to you Spiderman - for as of right now the executioner will hang Mooseman with a 2-1 vote, I cannot treat a "not Mooseman" vote as one for TomB... If you do vote for TomB, the executioner will grant clemency to Mooseman and lead you all back into the courthouse for more discussion... Werewolves are supernatural beasts, and there is no way to stop one once they've turned short of a silver bullet - which has already been spent and for the purposes of this game no longer exist.

If any of you do not wish to say anymore on the subject publicly, please at least PM me to let me know you have read this and wish things to play out as they are. Your other choice is a secret ballot where you can PM me your votes.

**For reference to my "rules" see the thread announcing round III...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't think the others are going to change their mind, so might as well see if Mooseman is innocent or not - crude and cruel, I know, but a villager's going to die anyway if there's a tie vote, so might as well try to pre-empt it. So my vote's back to Mooseman (sorry guy if you are innocent).

B

BigBlue

So, with this amazing turn of events.... We now have a vote of 3-1 Mooseman... As it's getting late, the executioner is getting nervous, so nervous in fact that he pulls the lever without granting further words by mooseman to cry his innocense...

It is a short drop with a sudden stop... a loud crack sounds as his neck is snapped... In the dim light of lanterns (dusk fell an hour ago as the debate went on)... Fifteen minutes go by with no transformation... at least none by Mooseman...

Deadwood Gulch is lost... For one of you does make a transformation when the clouds break and the moon is visible in the distance... there is no way to stop him now... He quickly leaps and attacks... (Go ahead wolf.... describe your first victim.... Very well played...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, so I guess I should explain why I investigated Spiderman.

I thought I'd probably doomed myself by campaigning so strongly against Limited. I figured his partner would see I was the seer and kill me next, since I admitted I couldn't tell who his partner was. I was suspicious at Spiderman's hinting publicly that I was the seer. If he were a wolf, it would seem that he might want to keep it to himself, but if he were a villager it seemed like a bad idea to point me out for any wolves that might have missed it.

I thought there was probably still a pretty good chance that I would be killed anyway, but I thought it would be by the wolf, not by being shot.

If Spiderman hadn't done that, I'd have investigated Mooseman and, on seeing that he wasn't a wolf, gone after TomB. I never suspected EricBess; if he was the other wolf, he did a good job.

B

BigBlue

Oversoul... I feel your pain.... as seer my first go round... I was completely befuddled most of the time... in fact, if there were a silver bullet in that game, I'd probably have been shot right out of the gate with my luck... If it makes you feel any better, I never even investigated a wolf... I only figured out who the wolves were because no one else was left when I figured it out...

Now, for this game... Since it is over, I'll give my opinion on how I would have done a tie... I'd have held a vote for not hanging anyone... the only person who *should* be against that would be the wolf... especially since they would win if there was a hanging... because then the next day you'd have one less villager to worry about... And, it'd give you that extra day (from the villager perspective)... Now, I think most wolves wouldn't fall for that trap and they'd also vote to not hang anyone... It would have been a worthy sacrifice to get another day and have one less person to vote for... perhaps some storytellers wouldn't allow that sort of thing... but I try to stay out of the way of the players whenever possible... let them get into and out of their own mess... I wonder if Melkor will play having been hung early both times... I mean, he wouldn't be hung early a third straight round, would he? :)

O

orgg

One of the big things I found online was that an odd number of players during a day was mandatory. This kept ties to a minimum, and when a tie occured, a revote on only those who were tied was taken. I'd recommend this.