Werewolf 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul: But why would I vote for my own partner if I was a wolf? That doesn't make sense to me... I mean, I guess I could do it to "throw others off", but given that the vote for Limited was hardly unanimous AND I believe I was the first one to vote for him, that just doesn't make sense to me. And I don't know if anyone else picked up on my hints that you were the seer... maybe the wolves, but no one publicly that I recall.

Yeah, I was rushing out the door yesterday and realized on the way home that it would have been better to have a tie vote so at least the villagers could have another chance to win as opposed to ending it right then and there... I have a feeling it's TomB who was the other wolf, but nothing to really base it on... just that EricBess replied to my reasoning on why Mooseman might not be the wolf :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's true in retrospect, Spidey. But at the time I had nothing to go off except that TomB seemed to be laying low and that Mooseman had initially been pitted against me. Voting for Limited didn't help him, but last game there was a lot of talk about one wolf being able to "sacrifice" the other in order to remain undetected.

Anyway, I had no problem with the silver bullet idea and was actually quite amused by it, but I do think in a small game it was bound to cause a very dramatic change in things sooner or later. Whether that's good or bad depends on your perspective...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't quite thinking about last game in this game - different players, different roles, different thinking. I guess it's possible but usually previous games don't have any weight on current games.

B

BigBlue

Poll time.... who was the last wolf?

Spidey votes EricBess...
TomB votes?
EricBess votes?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
Poll time.... who was the last wolf?

Spidey votes EricBess...
TomB votes?
EricBess votes?
Don't you know?
Just tell us, the wolf will be the only one to vote for himself in your poll....... hehe

B

BigBlue

Well... I sort of already ruined it for him a bit.... he wanted to kill one tonight and one the next day... not that it would have mattered too much... but my narative has him transforming in front of the final 2 villagers to eat the first one in a bold move... I am going to let him relish the attack for himself though and not give it away...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I wasn't quite thinking about last game in this game - different players, different roles, different thinking. I guess it's possible but usually previous games don't have any weight on current games.
I don't believe weight has anything to do with it. The only thing previous games might do (aside from very minor psychological effects that probably don't matter at all) is provide experience and give people inspiration for possible strategies. But I wasn't saying the previous game made me decide that the strategy we discussed might be employed this game. I meant that I got the idea from the previous game.

While no two games are going to be exactly alike, the number of actual strategies members of either side will employ is limited. The wolves, for example, can (in the discussion) go after two different people, the same person, each other, or employ a variation on one of these strategies except that one or both wolves is indecisive or accuses multiple people.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that was what I was saying (regarding your first paragraph)

Regarding the second, having been the wolf twice, I can say that while those are theoretically what the wolves can do, what is actually prudent is quite different. This is not to say that it can't happen in future games, but having both wolves vote for the same person right in the beginning of the game is almost a giveaway when it comes to later in the game and people are looking back for clues. Having just two people and both of them the wolf vote for the same person on Day 1 is pretty crazy...

Melkor

Yup, I haven't just been killed early in both games, I was hanged first in both games, and I'm sure it is coincidence that I also made the first official votes in both games. It killed me (pun intended) that several votes for me sprang out of the ether and no one seemed to see this as suspicious. After I was killed, it seemed painfully obvious to me that either Oversoul or Limited was a werewolf, and either Ericbess or TomB was a werewolf. At this point, I still don't know what to think about Ericbess vs. TomB. Ericbess seconded the vote, but TomB cast the deciding one. Oh well, I'll just wait and find out.
I've played the game under a different name several times, and the wackiest werewolf strategy I've ever seen pulled off was when the werewolves actually killed one of their own. However, this was in a really big game with three werewolves (or mafioso). It actually did work.

E

EricBess

Well, It must have been TomB because I'm certainly not the werewolf.

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that Spiderman gets it tonight because he's the guy with the silver bullet. It would be a bit too much of a twist to think that the werewolf himself would be given a silver bullet.

I do have to say TomB, I've gone back over this looking for your mistakes. You played a very tight game.

I did find one particular mistake that you made, though. Spiderman originally pointed it out. It was all about Mooseman and his original vote for Limited. See, I realized as soon as Spidey pointed it out that you must be the werewolf. Spidey himself eventually realized this, even though he was the one that pointed it out in the first place. I didn't really make an issue of it because I didn't really want to draw attention to myself at that point in the game. After all, the battle was at that point between you and Mooseman, so that's just attention that could only serve to get me killed. By the time Spidey realized and pointed out his own mistake, taking advantage of it would have just drawn even more suspicion your way instead of less. If you had realized it and pointed it out yourself before Spidey did, then I think you could have diverted suspicion enough to avoid getting the noose yourself.

Oh, that's right, you didn't get the noose, did you? You managed to get Mooseman hanged instead, so I guess it wasn't really a mistake after all....If you are the werewolf anyway...But then again....perhaps I am the werewolf after all.

No, don't run...you'll never get very far. Don't worry...my appetite is satiated for the moment...But alas poor Yoric (I mean, Limited). The conspiring was just so much fun. I think perhaps I'll just use the Lycanthropy venom on you. Trust me...being a werewolf is so much fun. You'll learn to love it.

Melkor

Even werewolves should use proper grammar, when refering to a hanging of a person in the past tense, it is hanged. Then again, what does it matter, you've killed everyone in the village, so you can make your own werwolvian grammatical rules. Well, if everyone had only paid more attention to me, then everything would have turned out fine.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well said, Melkor. I need something like that. Um...

That's what happens when you shoot me: everyone dies (except EricBess, apparently).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
lol...very nice EB...and well played too, especially when you got yourself discounted ENTIRELY as a suspect by having Limited finger YOU on his way to the gallows...:rolleyes:

L

Limited

TomB said:
Especially when you got yourself discounted ENTIRELY as a suspect by having Limited finger YOU on his way to the gallows...:rolleyes:
I was afraid it might even be too obvious, but I had to do it. I was trying to describe a plausible scenario in which neither Oversoul nor myself were Werewolves. Thus, the werewolf had to be someone not taking sides in our argument. I had (purposely) disagreed with EB before, so it was the logical conclusion.

Post Mortem Victory!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So if I cast the vote for TomB and caused the tie, who would you have killed? I'm guessing me, since if you killed Mooseman, TomB would know you're the werewolf and you both would have to work at convincing me the other one is the werewolf. If you killed TomB, same scenario with Mooseman. So if you killed me, my guess is Mooseman would still vote for TomB and of course, you would second the vote... so I guess the villagers would have lost either way.

E

EricBess

Yep...The tie probably wouldn't have mattered. Realistically, no matter who the werewolf was, you were the only target since it was pretty much a given that you weren't the werewolf. Anyone else would have eliminated a potential suspect, even if TomB or Mooseman were the werewolf.

I actually was surprised that no one tried to point a stronger finger at me. Like Limited, I was afraid that there were a couple of things that were too obvious about the strategy I was using.

When Limited backed off of OverSoul, I thought all was pretty much lost. He had already pointed a finger at me earlier, but with Mooseman already accusing me (one of the two times I was pointed out), he could have made a strong accusation at me, but apparently the deadbead accusation was enough.

I have to give props to OverSoul, though. You played a very dangerous game as the Seer and could have easily been hanged early. You were the last person that I would have suspected as the Seer, but you managed to avoid just enough suspicion of being a werewolf to keep yourself alive.

In fact, lots of you said that killing OverSoul would have been the obvious move for any werewolf except Limited, which is one of the reasons he was hanged, but if he's clearly not the Seer (which is what we thought), then killing him wouldn't have accomplished anything. Besides, the same argument could have been made against OverSoul since Limited wasn't killed first night.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually, that Limited pointed at EB was the only flaw in my reasoning and if spiderman or TomB would have pointed it out and voted for you, I would have switched my vote. Since I did ask for someone to refute my deductions. But, alas, they just pointed their fingers and said, "I have no good reason."
I felt that if I changed my vote, it would just seem like a werewolf trying not to be hung. But, making any accusation seems to be enough for most people to think you are the werewolf.
Note to future werewolfs, don't point fingers at people, just join the band wagon. Flying under the radar seems to work.