Werewolf 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here we go...

BigBlue said:
It has been a quiet year in Deadwood Gulch. The grisly events of twenty years ago have passed into legend. Every once in a while a few cattle are attacked and eaten by wolves and coyotes. There is not much notice taken when in the wee hours the baying of wolves is heard and one of Orgg Jr's cows is found completely disemboweled the next morning.

At the bar that night, old BigBlue starts mumbling about a return of the wolves. He doesn't know who they are, but he's certain they have returned once again to rain terror. He rambles on about how normal men somehow become taken over with the cycle of the moon. They become supernatural creatures of the night, half man and half wolf. Most of you pay little heed, not believing in the old legends.

L

Limited

Wow.. BigBlue was really shook up by that disemboweled cow he found.. He aint as young as he used to be.

But all that nonsense about werewolves? I mean, come on, who believes in werewolves?

D

DarthFerret

Werewolves? Hummph! There ain't no such thing as werewolves, and I think maybe we should have Ol' Doc consider lookin into BigBlue's mental health. He may require some kind of "special" considerations.....

B

BigBlue

Thanks for starting the new thread... I was going to, but was sort of waiting to see who was playing... TomB is in... The "jobs" have been handed out.

Also, everyone should be aware I added one wrinkle to the game... We'll see what sort of effect it has... It may or may not come into play, but one player will be aware of it. And no, it is not a Vampire.... I would love to try a variant with Wolves vs Bats.... but not without prior notice... and more players...

Keep in mind these roles are strictly for flavor and are not meant to imply anything...

EricBess is the proprietor of Eric's General Store.
Orgg is a cattle rancher who owns the Double Bar Ranch.
Mooseman owns the local saloon.
Spiderman is the Sheriff.
Melkor is the town Dentist.
DarthFerret is a wheat farmer.
Limited is a the local Doctor.
Oversoul owns and edits the Deadwood Gulch Gazette.
BigBlue has been around forever, and no one exactly knows what he does...
TomB is the Undertaker.

B

BigBlue

It is now Monday Morning.

Around 8:30, a bloodcurdling scream fills the air and you go to see what is the cause.

It came from the home of BigBlue, and it is obvious quickly what the cause was. There is not much left of him. BigBlue has been slain and his corpse is in several pieces.

A town meeting has been called, and it has been decided that each day one person will be hung at dusk until the killings stop. There appear to be two trails going down the steps, but unfortunately they lead no further. All villagers get one vote. If there is a tie as of 3pm (Wednesday), arguements for and against will be made by those tied giving opportunity to change votes.

Good Luck Deadwood Gulch. The unbelievable horrors of 20 years ago are again upon you.

Melkor

Well, in my professional opinion, he ain't sufferin from a madness of the teeth, probably too much blood in his system. Somebody get the doctor, we're gonna need to bleed him.

Oh, looks like someone got to him first, and it wasn't the doctor, or was it?

L

Limited

I am still hesitant to believe stories about Werewolves and what not, but the sight of Big Blue's remains give me pause. Establishing a cause of death is easy, but also very disturbing when a head has been severed from its body.. and large parts of the body are missing (presumed eaten).

As to where I was between 8 and 9? As always, I was in my study examining my books of medicine. I'm afraid to say I apparently dozed off only to be woken up by that horrible scream..

Perhaps someone of finer hearing or keener sight has a clue?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, I'm sure someone here knows very well what events transpired, Limited. We just have to figure out the identity of these individuals.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, Mr Newspaperman, you don't seem to need any of my liquid courage to have straightened that spine of yours this morning..... If I recollect rightly, most everyone was in my humble establishment after supper for a wee bit of socializing and refreshment.... but, dang it if I can remember who was the last to get booted out before I closed....... hmmmmmm.... I must have sampled my own merchandise a little too much and slept the night through.
Who was the one to find the unfortunate BigBlue?
Was that his scream at 8:30 this morning or the one who found him?

D

DarthFerret

I was in my fields, tending my crops when I heard the scream, and rushed over to see who had some sort of scare or accident and if I could help. This does not look like an accident, however, if we allow Limited to examine the body in detail, maybe he can come up with who/what killed Big Blue. Some of you are so hasty to jump to this fantasy tale of werewolves. Also, don't y'all think that after Limited's examination, we should bury the body? Did he have any kin in these parts?

B

BigBlue

** The Scream was from one of the villagers, not one of the players...
** Upon examination of the body, the clothes were wet with dew, and the body was cold. It is unlikely the crime happened in the past few hours...

E

EricBess

Man, that's just ugly. I sure hope this isn't going to be bad for business.

Speaking of business, it always seems that the first person to open their mouth is going to instantly get it turned on them, but things have to get started, so I guess that's a risk someone's going to have to run.

Mooseman, I've got to think that the owner of the saloon himself would be the last to leave, right...no one around to see where you are going...

Of course, TomB could be trying to drum himself up some business, but I've gotta' recon he's got a tighter alibi for now and my current vote goes to the Moose.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
This does not look like an accident, however, if we allow Limited to examine the body in detail, maybe he can come up with who/what killed Big Blue. Some of you are so hasty to jump to this fantasy tale of werewolves. Also, don't y'all think that after Limited's examination, we should bury the body? Did he have any kin in these parts?
I disagree. BigBlue warned us about the werewolves and then he was horribly mutilated. Our highest priority should be to protect the village, and so we must find and destroy these werewolves for the good of Deadwood Gulch. But I won't accuse you, Darthferret. I don't think you're a werewolf. I think you're just misguided.

Now let's get to the bottom of this. I can't wait to print tomorrow's headline: "Werewolves attack Deadwood Gulch."

I mean, er, I sure hope we can prevent any more loss of life.

D

DarthFerret

Hmmm...not so sure about the alibi thing with Mooseman, however, it seems to me that Spiderman was awfully condescending towards BigBlue in the beginning, and I notice that he started a round of questioning, without answering the question about himself. A perfect cover to cast suspiscion on the lot of us. For now, I have to give a tentative vote to him, although it could definately swing any way if new evidence comes to light.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I will attend to Big Blue's remains in due course, DarthFerret. As you said, the good doctor could very well find a clue as to the perpetrator of this heinous act given enough time. Truth is, what's left of BigBlue is quite grisly...I, for one, am not looking forward to the task of preparing him for burial.

As for my whereabouts last night, I was at Mooseman's for a while but I left a while before midnight, so I didn't see who the last were to leave. I was up pretty early this morning though, and I heard Melkor's comment...He sounded a bit incoherent, didn't he? He said some REALLY strange things...Something about "mad" teeth, and BigBlue's blood, wasn't it?

I wonder what was up with that?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about sounding condescending in the beginning, but you know how BigBlue was... always rambling about the good ol' days and how things were better back then... and I notice you didn't believe his rambling about werewolves right away either.

As for my question, I'm merely opening my investigation as to who could have done in BigBlue. While TomB and/or Limited provide more info, I'm treating this as a murder in any case of one of our citizens. Although I misunderstood what the scream meant - I thought it was the actual death cry. So if it was a villager finding BigBlue's remains, I'll re-form the question into "What were you guys doing last night"? Me, I was checking the village perimeter and animal pens, came in to Mooseman's saloon for a drink, and went to bed.

I'm keeping an eye on you DarthFerret, as you seem ready to disrupt my investigation... could mean you're a werewolf and want to cover your tracks or maybe you're guilty of something else...

D

DarthFerret

Very well, as the Sherif, I suppose that you have that right, as to my whereabouts, I of course was in my fields until the sun was well down, then stepped into Mooseman's for something to wash away the dirt. However, I left fairly early seeing as I have to be up at the butt-crack of dawn. TomB may have a point concerning Melkor however, I myslef am also going to have to wait for more information.