Werewolf 2

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, Limited, that Oversoul's acting a bit strange...He sounded happy in his first statement to be able to report werewolf attacks for God's sake! But it could just be enthusiasm for his job, after all.

On the other hand, Melkor said nothing to explain his incoherent statements first thing this morning...Maybe he's suffering from time-loss? :eek:

D

DarthFerret

After watching the bickering back and forth, I am liable to believe Oversouls arguments because they seem a bit more lucid. I am sure it is not entirely your fault Limited, the whole ordeal of shapechanging being quite dramatic, it has probably fuddled your brain a bit, or at least that would be my guess. In any case, since we have to decide something tonight to keep the killings from continuing *shudders*, and I have to go check my fields since lunch is nearly over, I will cast my vote for Limited. I will return early from the fields to be present at the hanging... although I am not sure I really have the advantage of taking time away from the farm to do this, it is much more important to catch this vile fiend than to worry about *winces* a few weeds.

L

Limited

So now I am doomed to swing from a rope, because I wasn't clear enough.. In my line of work, being concise is a virtue; I guess in Oversouls line of work making up stories is.

If my words won't convince you, perhaps my corpse will.

O

orgg

*rolls over, vomits on Darth Ferrett's boots.

AAAHH! Did any oshoes shee dat loosk he jusk gave me? Geddim t'hell away frummy! He'sh got murdrr innish eyesh!

*scurries backwards, takes another long gulp from a bottle from his jacket, and passes out again.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I too am interested in his explanation and his efforts in trying to thwart my investigation... I admit I'm a bit rusty, seeing as how Deadwood Gulch has been pretty peaceful over the years and the only "murder" before this was ol' widow Larson's cat, which I and the doctor determined that a fox or coyote got to it... but I think I'm up to the job.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
Mooseman: One question I cannot answer is, "Who among us are werewolves?" Which is why I "most suspect" you at the moment rather than trying to pin the blame on someone.

In all liklihood, the werewolves were NOT the last ones to leave the saloon. So figuring that bit out may not help us at all.

Not sure how you can "suspect" me in the same breath you also say I'm likely not a werewolf.... (as I was last to leave the saloon)...........

So I must suspect you.

B

BigBlue

The church bell tolls 1, it is now 1 PM. Votes should be cast by 3 PM (Wednesday Morning) to allow for debate, discussion, and rebuttals.

With all the dissention within the ranks of the towns leaders (you folks), most of the common folk are packing up and plan to leave before nightfall.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman, you're jumping to conclusions. I was addressing a number of things. When I first sided with EricBess, I did it under the assumption that it would be understood to be a preliminary judgment, and certainly not final. I had not expected to find multiple people jumping at what I thought was a reasonable statement on my part.

Surely you realize it is irrational to claim I made the statement about suspecting you the most (no longer even true) in the "same breath" as the statement dismissing the validity of ascertaining who was the last to leave the saloon. The two were separated by my words to DarthFerret.

And my dismissal of the "who was last to leave" didn't even have anything to do with you. For all I know, you weren't the last one to leave the saloon. EricBess said it was reasonable to assume you were (on account of your owning the place). I was not there when you left (as I've already made clear) and cannot confirm his theory.

Now maybe you were the last one to leave and maybe you weren't. And maybe you intentionally took my words out of context in order to make it appear that I was both accusing you and dismissing your guilt in the same breath. It is similar to the tactics Limited has been using.

But I think it's more plausible to believe that you're still on the defensive and honestly misconstrued my words. I hope that this is the case. If you're a wolf, you merely wanted an excuse to vote for me without attracting suspicion to yourself.

But I hope that I really was too hasty in my preliminary analysis and that you are not a wolf, and that we'll both make it out of this together. If you are human, examine what Limited has said and what I have said. Judge for yourself.

I haven't the slightest idea who his compatriot is, but he'll be found too.

He'll probably kill me tonight. If we hang Limited and he proves me right by being a wolf, his companion could probably take me out without tipping himself off in the least. And if I'm dead wrong and Limited is not a wolf, I'll probably hang tomorrow for working so hard to kill an innocent man. But his twisting of the facts has been so great that I do not believe it could come from an honest man.

DarthFerret has examined the facts and judged accordingly. I exhort the rest of you to do the same.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, now you try to cast me in the light of your nemisis Limited? I don't cotton to people who think they know everything and want desprately to have others believe them............
I never pointed a finger at any specific person, because I had no reason to, but you have pointed out people for no reason at all, as you even admitted......
I must defend my honor.

B

BigBlue

You can tell by the Sun that it is now 2 PM, the church bells no longer toll the hour, for the bellringer has left town.

In one hour (day), a meeting at town hall shall begin, and votes shall be cast. Because of the nature of this vote - being the deciding factor in hanging a man, votes will be public rather than private, for the accused deserves to know his accusers.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
When did I say that I accused people for no reason (my reason for accusing you was that I was persuaded by EricBess' arguments and my reason for accusing Limited should be clear enough by now)? When did I claim to know everything?

I wasn't so much trying to cast you in the light of Limited. Well, you are apparently both against me, but I've become increasingly more convinced that he is a werewolf. But I've been trying to reason with you.

For some reason it has not worked. I pointed out that my comments you called "in the same breath" were nothing of the sort. But you didn't acknowledge that. You just said I admitted to having no reason for making my accusations, but I've maintained this entire time that I voted for you because I believed EricBess' arguments and that I voted for Limited because he twisted the facts in order to persuade others to vote for me.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
When did I say that I accused people for no reason (my reason for accusing you was that I was persuaded by EricBess' arguments and my reason for accusing Limited should be clear enough by now)? When did I claim to know everything?

I wasn't so much trying to cast you in the light of Limited. Well, you are apparently both against me, but I've become increasingly more convinced that he is a werewolf. But I've been trying to reason with you.

For some reason it has not worked. I pointed out that my comments you called "in the same breath" were nothing of the sort. But you didn't acknowledge that. You just said I admitted to having no reason for making my accusations, but I've maintained this entire time that I voted for you because I believed EricBess' arguments and that I voted for Limited because he twisted the facts in order to persuade others to vote for me.

And what arguements by EricBess would you be refering to?

"Mooseman, I've got to think that the owner of the saloon himself would be the last to leave, right...no one around to see where you are going..."

Is this all you need to accuse someone?

I see a lot of holes in your "explanation".

No reason to change my vote yet.

E

EricBess

This whole thing is oh so confusing... Everyone is pointing a lot of fingers, and it all appears as if everyone is just trying to defend themselves in the light of circumstantial evidence. I, too, have brought circumstantial evidence to light, as has been pointed out.

Still, that's all anything seems to be -- circumstancial evidence -- since no one at this point really has any absolute knowledge of who committed this terrible crime.

It is entirely possible that "the establishment" isn't at all what it appears on the surface and that our own sheriff could be a werewolf as Melkor claims. However, I find myself swayed by the fact that he has tried to twart our sheriff's investigation (such that it is). Perhaps I am reading into this, but that seems to go beyond just paranoia and perhaps into the realm of a secret he's wanting to keep.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman said:
And what arguements by EricBess would you be refering to?
It wasn't really much to go off, but I wasn't convinced by anything anyone else was saying at the time either (a lot has changed since then).

"Speaking of business, it always seems that the first person to open their mouth is going to instantly get it turned on them, but things have to get started, so I guess that's a risk someone's going to have to run.

Mooseman, I've got to think that the owner of the saloon himself would be the last to leave, right...no one around to see where you are going..."

Followed by...

"I'm not sure what you mean, Mooseman. Are you saying you accuse those who have remained silent? Or are you saying that the guilty only use silence as a last resort?"

I hadn't yet drawn the "who was last to leave the saloon is irrelevant" conclusion at that time. And I perceived your "silence is the last resort of the guilty" as a means of throwing suspicion on those who hadn't done anything to merit such suspicion.

I see a lot of holes in your "explanation".
But you don't care to point them out?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, EB...Moreover, Melkor has failed to respond to my inquiries as to his indisposition this morning as well, leaving us to conclude he has no idea WHY he was babbling about "mad teeth", and wanting to "bleed" poor BigBlue...Wouldn't unexplained incoherence be a symptom of lycanthropy?

I think Melkor is a wolf! :eek:

L

Limited

Tomb, I agree that Melkor has behaving a bit strange (but not as strange as Oversoul!), but i think the bit about the tooth and the bleeding refer to old remedies for strange behaviour. I will inform you that, in modern medicine I practice, we no longer 'bleed' people. We no longer believe that hot blood or an excess of blood causes insanity and illnes.

For Oversouls' condition though, there is but one cure. A Hanging!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the lack of response is just as baffling as Oversoul's defense and accusations, but at least Oversoul is trying. I think I'll have to take Melkor in for some "questioning" - perhaps he can reveal any accomplices and why they chose BB as a victim.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I have had some time in the fields to revise my opinion, and I think that I will have to choose Melkor as well. Limited has been acting kinda suspiciously to me, and Oversoul just seems to be put on the defensive, and is acting accordingly. I just hope that we are not wrong in this and will be able to stop the killings soon!

Melkor

Wow, things suddenly turned on me huh and at the very last minute, when I'm least likely to be able to mount a good defense. Look, everyone knows that diseases are caused by bad blood, that is why leaching, and bleeding are the best ways to cure disease, that is why everyone was so healthy in the Middle Ages. As for any incoherence, I was commenting along with everyone else about how crazy BigBlue was, when I suddenly came upon his body. (OOC: I posted the first lines after the I'd loaded the webpage but hadn't looked at it in while, so in the interem BigBlue had posted, the second line was a second post that was merged into the first.) Anyway, on to the logic. I am not a werewolf, I have made one accusation, an accusation against Spiderman, because he was claiming that it might not have been werewolves which is preposterous. Now you'll notice that no one supported my accusation, in fact, it wasn't even really acknowledged until Spiderman posted himself, quite a few posts later. Additionally, no one had previously supported any move against Spiderman, no wouldn't a wolf want to jump on a bandwagon, one that already had support, rather than going out on a limb and attacking someone new? You'll also notice how quickly support sprung up against me. Now the wolves might not be voting in a block, but you can rest assured that there will always be at least one wolf that either lead the charge, or more likely support the charge to vote for hanging a villager. Something to think about for later, as I am a villager, and I accused Spiderman, and no one supported me, that would lead me strongly to believe that Spiderman is a wolf, because if he was a villager, you'd think one of the wolves would have pounced on the chance to eliminate him. There are two werewolves, and I am all alone, while my accusers are many, what should that tell you?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was just waiting to see what your response was to TomB's query. Since you didn't respond, THAT'S why I responded a "couple of posts later". And I didn't accuse anyone at first - I just wanted to know where everyone was at the time of the murder. You first accused me, which leads me to think you don't want the investigation to go any further... why? Perhaps because you turn furry at night...