Well, I've never...

Melkor

I can't know what I don't know.

Never have I ever played in any official Magic: The Gathering event. No Pre-Releases, no Pro Tour, no Grand Prixes, no Friday Night Magic, no nothing. I don't count the random unaffiliated tournament down at the local card shop but anything with the imprimatur of WOTC.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I would count anything that requires a DCI card as an official event (for simplicity's sake.)

At any rate, I lose another point.

E

EricBess

Melkor;290915 said:
I can't know what I don't know.
That's what makes this game so challenging...

You've never even played a sanctioned store tournament? If not, then turgy is right. I've you've played a sanctioned store tournament, then you still need a DCI card (number anyway) for that.

I would say "premier" event, but FNM isn't really a premier event...

I've played in sanctioned store tournaments. I think you are going to get most people on this one on the prereleases. I've played in several. I've never played in any of the others you listed except, but I did play in one PT qualifier, which I'm assuming you are including.

Regardless, I lose a point.

R

rokapoke

I lose a point for having played in a few prereleases. And a 2HG tournament at a local store once.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I lose a point for playing in an Ice Age tourney in '05 and coming in 3rd? and a few prereleases in early 2000's...

D

DarthFerret

I lose a point, several pre-releases (Won the 2HG at the cold snap pre-release), and even before then took 2nd in a sanctioned tourney (Before DCI even existed, but I would assume that counts as well).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I did get what I believe was an official DCI card for an Invasion event at the local store. And the Legacy tournament I posted about here did take down people's card numbers, although I merely provided my name. But that still counts, so I lose a point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, the DCI gave out cards when they first began. And I guess through Invasion, from Oversoul's post... I still have mine somewhere.

Only one who needs to answer is train, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna lose a point. Updated scores below:

(3) EricBess
(3) Rokapoke
(2) Spiderman
(2) turgy22
(6) Oversoul
(3) Mooseman
(2) train
(4) DarthFerret
(6) Melkor

Who will lose their points first, train, turgy22 or Spidey? Or will it be a tie :)

E

EricBess

Yes, pre-releases are the least casual tournaments of all, Melkor :D

I have one that once won me this game, but I don't think the results are going to be quite so spectacle-ur here.

I've never worn contact lenses.

R

rokapoke

EricBess;290954 said:
spectacle-ur
Ugh, you should lose a point just for that pun.

Anyway, I have indeed worn contact lenses, so I am down to 2 points...