Well, I've never...

E

EricBess

This is more of a social game, but I was wondering if anyone had played before ("Well...I've never played 'Well, I've never'" - okay, I have).

It's very simple how it works. Everyone starts with 5 points (holds up 5 fingers) and take turns stating things they've never done. If you've ever done what they have never done, you lose a point. Last person with points left wins.

In other words, you are trying to state things you have never done, but that you think everyone else has. For example, you wouldn't say "I've never walked on the moon" because no one would lose a point unless Neil Armstrong happened to be playing with us.

Anyone interested in giving it a try? Since we are online, I thought maybe we could go to 10 points instead.

E

EricBess

Okay, this is a good group. I'll randomize the order and we can get started. If anyone comes in later, they can add their name to the bottom of the list and just see how many points they have left.

So whoever's turn it is should post a statement, then move their name to the bottom of the list. Then everyone basically posts and says whether or not they have done that thing. Let's do no more than 1 statement per day, so the next player waits until the next day to post a statement so everyone can respond.

Randomly determined order:

(10) Melkor
(10) EricBess
(10) rokapoke
(10) Spiderman
(10) turgy22
(10) Oversoul
(10) Mooseman
(10) train
(10) DarthFerret

The number indicates how many points you have. So Melkor - start us off by stating something you have never done that you think everyone else might have. Anyone who has done that looses 1 point.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I have a question about what types of things are allowed in the statements: Do all the things have to be actions, like actually doing something, or can they be more passive, like a certain state of being? As an extreme and unlikely example, let's suppose someone on here was born with only one arm, could they say, "I have never had two arms" or would that not be allowed? I suppose they could say, "I have never used my left arm," but since they don't have one, I suppose that would sort of be lying.

Also, what about having likes and dislikes? Could you say something like, "I have never liked being outdoors," or is that too vague?

I have a number of similarly abstract ideas in my head, but I don't want to give them away if they're allowed.

E

EricBess

Spiderman;290216 said:
This is probably going to take longer than a day, especially around weekends :)
Probably true, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary for everyone to have chimed in before moving to the next statement. So if you aren't able to post your statement for a few days, no big deal, but make sure it's been at least a day since the previous player's statement. Everyone that hadn't commented yet can respond to both at the same time.

DarthFerret;290217 said:
I can jump in on this as well...
Added

turgy22;290224 said:
I have a question about what types of things are allowed in the statements: Do all the things have to be actions, like actually doing something, or can they be more passive, like a certain state of being? As an extreme and unlikely example, let's suppose someone on here was born with only one arm, could they say, "I have never had two arms" or would that not be allowed? I suppose they could say, "I have never used my left arm," but since they don't have one, I suppose that would sort of be lying.

Also, what about having likes and dislikes? Could you say something like, "I have never liked being outdoors," or is that too vague?

I have a number of similarly abstract ideas in my head, but I don't want to give them away if they're allowed.
Doesn't necessarily have to be an action. If someone here has been unfortunately to have lived their life with only 1 arm, they deserve to be able to use that to knock everyone down a point. No repeats, though. If they've already said "I've never had a left arm", they shouldn't later say "I've never used my left arm."

Pretty much anything goes, but it is better to stick to things that are ultimately verifiable (though no one every will). For example, "I have never liked being outdoors" is probably a bit subjective and I think a lot of people would argue that as a kid, you probably loved going outside to play...