Well, I've never...

D

DarthFerret

Ok, not sure how to answer this one (not trying to be picky). I have not bought any booster packs, starter decks, or any individual cards in at least that long. However, I have recieved them free of charge (thanks Spidey and a couple of RL friends!), and I have paid to enter pre-release contests where you got to keep the cards. If that counts as buying cards, then I lose a point, if not, then I guess I get to keep my point.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Not that it would have helped me any, but I definitely would have counted pre-release cards (as part of an event) against myself if those were the only Magic cards I had bought in the past 5 years.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't bought any Magic cards since 2004, uh, excluding the whopping two cards I bought last month. So I lose a point.

E

EricBess

So...I didn't really have must Kamigawa, but I had a decent amount of Ravinica. That was the next set, right?

Okay, but I do have another technicality question...I haven't had any new Magic Cards since Ravinica block, but I haven't "purchased" in even longer. All of my cards were judge support.

So...I don't think I have to lose a point unless getting cards as judge support counts against me. And then It's been about 4 years I guess, so I would fall another point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, who would have thought that this question was so tough :)

I specifically didn't mention trading :) I just meant the question to mean you paid money and received Magic cards in return. So I would consider the prerelease cards to be that since you did pay money and got to keep the cards (so basically what Melkor said). Cards given for free do NOT count. If you didn't pay for the judge cards, they don't count (and it doesn't sound like you did).

EDITED: I updated everyone's scores.

(6) turgy22
(7) Oversoul
(7) Mooseman
(6) train
(8) DarthFerret
(8) Melkor
(7) EricBess
(8) Rokapoke
(7) Spiderman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought when you said "you had a decent amount of Ravnica", that meant you bought those cards which would be within the last 5 years... no?

D

DarthFerret

And I lose another point. I have always made fun of the series, then one of my friends pointed out I should not make fun of what I have not read myself. In order to vindicate myself, I read the whole series (except the last book which was not out at that time). I still make fun of the series!

R

rokapoke

I lose a point. But I really enjoy the books, so I don't mind.

E

EricBess

Really turgy? Then how did you know it was called "Harry Potter"??? ;)

There goes another point from me.

T

train

holy freakin WOW!!!... I actually get to keep a point... I have never read a word from the harry potter books...

Melkor

I have no need to read something in order to mock it. I will happily continue to mock the Harry Potter series despite also never having read a word of it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry about the lag....
I have bought magic cards since 2005... damn it, I knew those dual lands would bite me in the butt......in 2006... btw, thanks again Spidey for helping in the deal.

I have read all the HP books...... they got steadily worse as the series went on..... liked it to start, not so much toward the end.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Melkor;290500 said:
I have no need to read something in order to mock it. I will happily continue to mock the Harry Potter series despite also never having read a word of it.
You, sir, are a fine and upstanding gentleman...

...who has this in common with me: I too have never read a single word in a Harry Potter book.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Edited the point total to show Mooseman's subtraction for my question.

No prob with the help, except I don't remember what I did :) But it was four years ago...

I thought the ending was a bit roughed; since she knew it was ending in 7 books, she had to wrap things up. But the final "battle" seemed weird and I certainly didn't expect Mrs. Weasly to fight Beatrix... I thought whats-his-name would have done it to avenge his parents...