Well, I've never...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
He said he never "had" a dog, which implies to me having lived with one.
yeah, that's how I interpreted it too.

I've just watched a few audition shows (I'd say 5 total from all the seasons combined). Does that count?

R

rokapoke

Spiderman;290383 said:
I've just watched a few audition shows (I'd say 5 total from all the seasons combined). Does that count?
I personally count that. I'm talking about any television show called American Idol -- any episode, even the beginning part of the season.

D

DarthFerret

Yay, I have never seen it. I once walked in on the intro at a friends house (all i saw was the title screen) and said, "Ah, you are watching American Midol (got a few laughs) but then made a beer run. By the time I got back, the football game was on and I did not have to see any of the show. (I am embarassed to say that when visiting my parents over Christmas this year they made me watch "Dancing with the Stars" which I then nicknamed Dancing in the Bars).

E

EricBess

Clarification - rokapoke...Have you ever watched a single performance, say on youtube? Melkor's point may stand in the balance... :D

BTW - if we get too nit picky, this ceases to be fun. Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether or not they have done the thing listed, but be honest with yourself and ask yourself what the intent of the statment was. For example - if you had a family dog, or even if it was your sisters dog, but everyone was living in the same house, then personally, a dog is a dog :D

As for myself, I have watched quite a bit of American Idol. I was one of the few people that felt like Kris Allen was going to win while there were still 4 people left in the competition. And Ellen as a judge is a travesty...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I might lose a point, depending on the ruling here. I've definitely never seen a full episode and I've never watched the show past a commercial break, but I've definitely stopped on it during a couple audition episodes while flipping channels and given it the ol' "train wreck" treatment. I specifically remember seeing the William Hung performance and one with some redneck guy that was particularly crushed when told how bad he was. I also watched the "Pants on the Ground" guy on YouTube just to see what all the fuss was about.

Hmmm... I guess with an explanation that long, I deserve to lose a point.

"I watched American Idol... but I didn't inhale!"

R

rokapoke

I don't believe I have ever watched a single performance. Melkor can decide if he wants it to cost him a point or not.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm, I've definitely never seen a full episode, but I've caught bits and pieces. I don't remember how many bits and pieces because I think this was seven or eight years ago. Once again, it was other people in my family who were really watching the show. But technically, I did observe some portion of the events that were televised. I guess whether some of these things count is rather vague, but since I passed on the last one by strict technicality, I'm going to have to give myself this one in the same way. Minus one for me then...

E

EricBess

I never realized that American Idol was such a controversial show ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You get a point from me.... My daughter and I watch the first few episodes to mock the idiots that think they can sing....... I like mocking.

R

rokapoke

Well, my round was suitably devastating... only DarthFerret and I came out unscathed. Muhahahahaha!

Spidey, you're up!

(7) Spiderman
(7) turgy22
(8) Oversoul
(8) Mooseman
(7) train
(9) DarthFerret
(9) Melkor
(8) EricBess
(9) Rokapoke

turgy22

Nothing Special
Man, I'm getting killed so far. I lose another point. At this rate, I'm almost expecting to lose a point when it's my turn to go.

R

rokapoke

5 years? Yeah, I lose a point for that. I wish you had made it 3 years or something like that...

E

EricBess

hm...Spidey, could you give us a set? I haven't bought any in a long time, but honestly, I'm not even sure if it has been 5 years yet :D If I have to, I'll look it up, but if you know off the top of your head...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22: You and me both. It's just that's my turn this time that's saving me :)

rokapoke: I made it five years 'cause it was a nice round number and I definitely haven't bought any then. Any longer and I couldn't remember exactly, although it's probably been around 8 years :)

EricBess: A set, huh? Like I said, I don't really remember, but let me do a quick look up... it would be Betrayer of Kamigawa and onwards.