Warriors II Beta Test

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Has anyone seen any farmers? I supposed to kill some farmers, but i haven't seen a single farmer yet.

I am now a Sir(apparently the old man gives out nobility quests, I'd take him up on the Lord one, but i don't think i can cut it in the swamp just yet)

S

Svenmonkey

I'm finally a sir as well, and I've never seen a farmer... Where are you supposed to go to find them?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Level 15 is recommended for cruising the "Ainchent plains", level 20 for "the swamp of Galgar", and level 30 for the "Ruins of Galgar". The Trollish blacksmith dude is called the "Troll's Workshop", I think.

I managed to complete the Chicken quest, and the "slay the Thiefs" quest (whatever the heck it was called), but I do have one question - how come I turned more to the evil side every time I wasted a thief? I mean, wasn't I asked to do it by some Captain dude or something?

I thought I was performing a community service here...LOL! :D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

things that aren't entirely evil turn you more neutral, if you were evil and you killed them you would turn more good.

S

Svenmonkey

So far, for me, sageridder's theory about bushes is holding up. And yesterday, I got a ring (from my mantra) that gives me +50 to charisma, +220 to find skill, and +50 to turns! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I finally got the riddle mane yesterday and got some turns and a hint to my mantra.

But today, there's news that because of cheaters (or people posting the "codes"), each user will have his own good/bad potions and berry bushes. Actually, I think that's a good idea although I wonder what this "clan" system that he referred to was going to be.

M

MrXarvox

I think what he means by "clan system" is that when one person discovers something, all their friends (their "clan") gain the information too. Which has been made more or less true by sites like the CPA.

I'm going to take our old buddy Zakarias Persson's side on this issue and move that we delete the "correct warrior riddles" post.
All in favor of cleaning up our act, say "aye".

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds fine to me. If you really need help with a riddle you could post it and someone could PM you the answer....

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I don't use the berries all that much, and the potions i guess i can figure out my own. and most of the riddles i know anyway.

anyway in more warriors news.....I am a Lord!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by MrXarvox
I think what he means by "clan system" is that when one person discovers something, all their friends (their "clan") gain the information too. Which has been made more or less true by sites like the CPA.

I'm going to take our old buddy Zakarias Persson's side on this issue and move that we delete the "correct warrior riddles" post.
All in favor of cleaning up our act, say "aye".
I don't think of what we've been doing as cheating. I think of it more like we're just a group of his adventurers sitting by the campfire sharing information about this world of his. And I think sites like the CPA have done more to promote his site than anything else.

IMO...;)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
There's a shoe salesman (called, somewhat appropriately, "The Shoessalesman") in the "Ainchent plains" named "Al". He has 2 children and an uggly wife to support, and some people think he's a little bit slow...

Sound familiar? :eek:

LOL! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Questions arise:
  • Did the gamemaster code that up and really that big of a fan? Or was it one of his assistants?
  • Is Married With Children really a big hit in Sweden or is it a "cult hit"?
  • Was Peggy really that bad looking? :p

M

MrXarvox

Ha ha ha!

My brother got the "red-haired lady's quest" today. She tells you to go find her husband, the shoessalesman...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I got that quest last Thursday; however, since I was off Friday and don't get on during the week, I failed to complete it. So then of course Monday comes and THEN I find the shoesalesman... :rolleyes:

:D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
So I've yet to actually meet Peg. I wonder if I should dress up...:p

On a side note, my guy joined the army at lvl 30, but he got killed in action shortly thereafter (see tombstone here). He was reborn as an elf, but since "Warriors only uses the left button" I haven't been able to copy and paste my new stats in the stats thread.

Sigh :(

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
But those hotkeys don't work for AOL. In fact, AOL isn't giving me a copy option on this at all.

Maybe I should open up an Explorer window instead...:eek:

[edit]That didn't work either, because the profile window doesn't come with drop menus. How are you guys still doing it?[/edit]

M

MrXarvox

That's odd...

AOL lets me copy it just fine. You have tried highlighting and then going to "copy" in the edit menu, haven't you?