Warriors II Beta Test

S

sageridder

Tried two so far.First one white leaves/green berry had healing effect.Second was red leaves/orange berry lost life.Guess it might be if leaves are darker then berry = bad, not sure as this is only two tries.If others have tried berries please post so we can compair notes.
About going into higher level areas,since you don't have to fight I didn't have any problems in the hills.If there are some instances you don't get the choice I could see waiting,has anyone had an encounter in which they could not choose to ignore?I only ask because I don't want to get creamed for playing over my head, the money and items to be found here have made it worth the risk so far.

Z

Zero T Katama

Yes, not in the hills, but in the forest, there are Goblins that will attack on sight

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

indeed, I too had goblins attack me without choice.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

experiment with berries
white leaves black berry=good partly healed
grey leaves grey berry= good partly healed

and got a new riddle

"It gets bigger the more you take away from it"

dunno I suck at riddles.

S

Svenmonkey

Purple potions affect your point pool.

And has anyone tried the mantra yet? I figured mine out (it was "hat") and got an excellent studded leather armor of loke for it. It adds 128 to attack and 154 to defense as well as 24 to dex!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I didn't try hole, like I said I'm really bad with riddles:(

but anyway.....Svenmonkey....Mantra? where'd you find that.

S

Svenmonkey

You get clues to your mantra as rewards from the riddle man, and once you know what it is you go to the temple and the gods give you a nice item.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I'm not getting anywhere in this game. All of my encounters seem to be with noblemen and the three ladies, while I'm trying to finish my kill the thieves quest. And not really finding anything, although a location here and there a day.

M

MrXarvox

...while my brother gets 4 or 5 riddlemen a day (how does he do it? :confused: ), which means extra turns, extra gold, and mantra clues! It's like a new mantra every day! Just today he got himself a ludicrously strong bow just by saying "queen" in the temple. I hate him. :mad:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Welcome to the world of warriors X! don't feel too bad it'll get better. Found the Adventurers guild today and the ancient plains.

M

MrXarvox

I'm going to turn my character evil. The frustration of a pitiful start makes me want to whup some peasant Skibbety-Beee! Plus, then I can join the thieves' guild. I'll do that once I'm a Sir. Lock up your purses, here I come! <evil grin>

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
But I'll hang in there. I've got 2 days to complete my quest though, and I still need to find 2 more thieves to kill...

Are you volunteering to feel the pain of my blade Mr. X? ;)

S

sageridder

So this is what we got so far.

Leaf color / Berry color =
-----------------------------------------
white / black = G
white/ green = G
grey / grey = G
black / white = G
brown / black = G
yellow / yellow = G
black / yellow= B
yellow/ grey = B
red / orange = B

Still not enough to tell for sure yet. I'm wondering tho in all the good ones their are an equal number of letters in the spelling of the first and second color, while the bad one's are unequal.

Have two other friends tring this as well and it seems to work,At this point I am pretty convinced that the spelling thing is the answer.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
As it's really hard to slay 4 thieves in 10 days if you don't see 4 thieves in 10 days (I only saw 2 :( ).

Oh well. It's off to the Woods tomorrow to try my luck in there...;)

Good work sage, by the way. We should probably start up and sticky a thread to track the bush berries like we did for potions (at least until we find out the secret again...;) )

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Things found in the forest

So far I've found: The adventurers inn, The elven bowmaker, and the farm.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Orange affects Finding skill in W2 apparently, and lightgreen affects Intelligence. So far the "Warriors The Ultimate Fight" trick (referencing the letters) still seems to be working...:D

Brown affects turns temporarily, apparently...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It's in the new game, listed under "Other pages". Gandalug checked in at #162, while Ty ended up #340...:D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

more things found
Forest:
the human blacksmith:improves items for a price
Hills:
Trolls Pact
Trolls Armory: have to be evil to access
Trolls ?(can't recall the name, but i believe its the equivilent to the blacksmith): have to be evil to access
Orc's Wolf farm: have to be evil to access
The Gnome: he is like the old man, except he tells you the benifits of being evil, and how to become evil.

M

MrXarvox

If I didn't go on vacation I might have been able to complete lord aslak's quest to become a sir. But i lost the last two days of it due to lack of computer access :(
Though there is a thrill to returning home and finding 200 turns available, and a sunday market.

While in the forest, I got some okay boots from a witch master who wanted the claw of a gigantic chicken. Twice i got this quest today. Easy to find, easy to kill, easy completion, and a pair of low-def boots with high find and turns.

And these barbarians keep trying to get me to kill amazons (who live in the swamp) even though I have not found said swamp yet.

And I killed a griffin! Hooray for me. Though afterwards three goblin heroes nearly did me in and killed all of my followers...

Plus I found a squirrel