Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Well, The let's be impetuous. I got your backs."
Carrow takes a look around and not seeing anything untold (I hope), he prepares his bow for trouble.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Let's just take them and get this over with."

Dorgath walks as close as he can to the sentries and once challenged, will rush to attack with his axe.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
:rolleyes:

Ty tries to appear a bit tipsy as he stumbles along walking beside Dorgath, hoping the sentries will buy the drunk act and drop their guard long enough for him to do some nasty things with the fist spike...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Still need to know what Throg's next move is in the drinking contest, by the way. Kelgar is around town and we'll get back to him at some point. As for the other three of you, of course the sentries attack. I'd meant to get to that fight, on my day off, but missed it. Soon, though. Soon.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The daemon deftly catches the bottle of gin. Grinning savagely, he drinks half of it, then places the bottle on the table and slides it to Throg. An unearthly roar emerges from the daemon as his eyes bulge out and faint wisps of smoke begin pouring from his ears. The cumulative effect of the magical beverages is wearing on the creature. He's almost finished off, but now Throg is faced with the most dangerous beverage yet...

"This hurts so much much, I cannot even think.
It's your turn again mortal. You die either way. Now drink!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 6 for the turn.
-A thug spontaneously throws himself at Ty hoping to take him by surprise, but...
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. Before the thug can reach him, Ty lashes out with his Pit Flail, eviscerating the man (9 damage).
-Ty lands a knee strike on a thug, but the man is seemingly unaffected.
-Ty lands a second knee strike, but the thug still resists the attack.
-Carrow kills a thug with a single shot to the chest (6 damage).
-The last thug spots Carrow and attempts to leap away, but still catches an arrow to the hip (1 damage).
-Ty charges, but the thug throws his club up and blocks his flail.
-Ty misses both knee strikes.
-Dorgath charges in with his axe, clipping the thug, who collapses to the ground (2 damage).
-Carrow collects 55 gold.
-Dorgath collects 55 gold.
-Tyresius collects 55 gold.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm sure there's a "right" answer to this puzzle, but I have no idea what it is.

Throg will add some brandy to the gin and see what happens.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The brandy seems to partially freeze the gin. Throg finds this mixed drink to be quite pleasant, and eagerly slurps up his whole portion. It seems that he has found a good solution to this puzzle. Also, he is quite drunk at this point. The bartender brings another round. It's hard to look at with the room spinning, but Throg eventually identifies the next beverage.

Beer. It's just beer. Regular beer. Not magical. Plain old beer.

The daemon pauses for an uncomfortable length of time, contemplating his mug. Sighing in disgust, he pushes it away.

"I could not stomach any more. That was the last straw.
You don't look so good either. Let's call it a draw."

Throg hears whispering in his head, but the voices merge into an indistinct cacophony. Half of the voices seem to be promising him that drinking the beer placed before him is the path to a great reward, while the other half seem to be warning him against disgracing a powerful daemon...

-To drink the beer and win the contest, turn to page 23.
-To accept the daemon's offer and call the contest a draw, turn to page 41.

Note: Until Throg's Choose Your Own Adventure novel is published, it may be necessary to make your decision manually. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm sure there's a "right" answer to this puzzle, but I have no idea what it is.
I had some possibilities mapped out, but this depended on the number of "wins" Throg had earlier in the contest. The more times he "won" a round, the less harmed he'd be and the more leeway he'd have if he messed up in the gin round. Throg did well enough that even drinking the gin undiluted would result in a "draw" and preclude him from turning to page 23 winning the contest, but not get him killed. If he'd failed more times in earlier rounds, there were chances for him to get "cursed" by acquiring bad Chaos traits that I'd handpick from the table, but by this point, the only way for that to happen was if Throg had added ale to his own beverage and failed to add either ale or wine to the daemon's beverage. The gist of it is that you took the best option for Throg (brandy) and went neutral for the daemon (added nothing), but you were ahead from previous rounds, so you still came out ahead. That being said, here are results for adding beverages to the gin...

Infernal Heat Ale: increases harm from explosion.
Diamond Dust Wine: kills the drinker.
Roaring Thunder Rum: neutral.
Resplendent Frost Brandy: stabilizes the gin, preventing explosion.

Cold tends to stabilize explosives, especially if it's enough to solidify a normally liquid explosive, such as nitroglycerin. Whether you had such an effect in mind or whether you just guessed is up to you, but you got there. :p

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will go for the win. But, as with any CYOA book, he'll use his finger to mark his current page and if the bottom of page 23 says, "The End", he'll quickly revert.

My original thinking was that I had to form another anagram, either using the "E" from explode or the "G" from gin as my first letter, but none of the solutions made any sense.
Then I thought of using the gin as a weapon, but obviously that didn't work.
My last thought was using one of the four drink properties to "neutralize" the explosion, which I guess was the right answer. The frost thing didn't seem obvious to me, but all the other choices were worse.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg drinks the beer. Throg is now extremely inebriated.

"I have failed. Well played, mortal. Khorne must have smiled upon you this day. I think you'll make a great champion of Chaos. But now, let's celebrate your victory."

Throg and the daemon party well into the night, searching the bodies of the other customers, who are still passed out, and accepting generous donations from the coinpurses of these unconscious fellow revelers. Also, they draw some stuff on the faces of the other patrons. The daemon and Throg decide to be best friends, at least while they're drunk. To mark their friendship, the daemon gives Throg his favorite trophy: the bleach-white skull of a great beast he once slew in battle. Throg decides it would make an awesome warhelm and puts it on. Throg tells his new friend of his quest to find a donkey in Middenheim. The daemon drunkenly rambles on about a great ass conspiracy or something. It's kind of hard to tell. Eventually, the daemon decides he thinks he knows where to find a donkey for Throg. Each buys one more round "for the road" and together they stagger out onto the streets of Middenheim. Immediately, they are accosted by a man Throg recognizes as one of the city's animal traders, flanked by denizens of the Chaos Temple.

"Don't even think about it," the animal trader threatens. "There shall be no ass for anyone not on the guild's approved list."

The daemon laughs uproariously and chugs his beer.

"I'll handle these ones," the daemon sneers, waving his massive claws in the direction of the ass conspirators.

The animal trader and his companions inch back nervously, but gain confidence when the daemon trips and lands on his face before reaching them. Throg boldly counters that he'll handle this mob himself. As he raises his axe and charges into the group, his last thought is something like...

"Wait, that last one wasn't beer. Was I just drinking cocoroco? I think so. How'd that even happen?"

And that is when Throg blacks out. His character sheet will be updated once he is sober back to normal.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Great ass conspiracy? lol

Ty wipes his flail clean on a victim's cloak, then turn to Dorgath. "Ready to go in?" he asks as he sidles up to the door and takes a peek inside to scope out the situation.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That drinking contest is one of the best things I've seen in an RPG, bar none. Well done guys

"Let's go." Dorgath prepares back up Ty should anyone/thing come hurtling out of the door.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Beastmen fight in warbands led by old, savage warriors who have long since proven their ability to lead. They are powerful and very resilient fighters with big, brutish heads, sharp, piercing horns, and hooves that can kick in a man's rib cage. There shouldn't be any beastmen in the city of Middenheim: their presence is highly illegal, signalling an invasion of Chaos forces, and they would be killed on sight.

As Ty looks through the door, he spots a lone, cloaked figure in the middle of the room. The other man spots him at about the same time and angrily shouts...

"Kill them! Don't let them get in."

The cloaked man begins frantically grabbing items from around the room and dumping them into a sack as five beastmen charge toward the front door, raising their spears.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will be ready to attack the beastmen as they reach the door, trying to bottleneck them in the doorway so we only have to face them 1 or 2 at a time...:)