Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If possible, Dorgath steps next to Ty to help attack whoever's in the doorway. If it's not, he's prepared to step in should Ty get pushed aside.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before combat starts.
-Ty smacks a beastman in the chest with his flail (4 damage).
-Ty's knee strike finishes off the first beastman.
-Ty moves to block the doorway as best he can and manages to get another knee strike in on the next beastman (3 damage).
-A beastman throws a spear at Carrow. His armor and Elf Cloak absorb the damage.
-A beastman throws a spear, but fails to get it through the doorway.
-Carrow blocks a thrown spear with his Elf Shield.
-A beastman hits Carrow with a thrown spear (13/16 Wounds).
-Carrow tries to draw a bead on the cloaked man, but trips up.
-Carrow clips the cloaked man in the shoulder...

Snarling, the cloaked man tears the arrow from his body and tosses it aside. He shouts in Elven, which Dorgath and Tyresius cannot understand, but they get the gist of it from context anyway...

Translation: "I'm going to kill you, Carrow Darkweald!"

He then ducks away and appears to be shouting commands to someone else in yet another language...

-Tyresius loses control of his pit flail and damages himself with it (10/15 Wounds).
-Tyresius attempts a knee strike, but bounces off the door frame and staggers back.
-Tyresius recovers and launches a knee strike right into the neck of a beastman, killing it in a single blow!
-A beastman lands a solid blow on Dorgath, but the investment in armor is paying off, and the blow fails to deal any damage.
-A beastman hits Ty, but the blow gets caught on his pit armor.
-Dorgath trips on the threshold.
-Dorgath almost catches a beastman with his axe. Almost. Nimble little buggers, aren't they?
-Dorgath completely misses his kick attack.

It sounds like the someone is running in from elsewhere in the building. More beastmen?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty maintains his position, angling to the side slightly to allow Carrow more space to shoot through.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Carrrow shoots a beastman in the heart. And not, like, in a romantic way, but in a murderous way instead.
-Carrow repeats his performance. Wait, what? Uh, I don't even know what to say to this. The beastmen aren't nearly as beefy as minotaurs, but they're tougher than orcs and shouldn't go down after just one arrow shot unless it's really good rolls and...you know what? Forget it. Carrow's ace-shooting just took down those two beastmen. Good job.
-Ty whips his flail at a beastman, but misses.
-Ty leaps at a beastman with a flying knee, knocking the monster down and out.
-Dorgath charges in with his axe, but the beastmen are all dead and their reinforcements have yet to arrive...

The cloaked man rushes to the back door and clumsily opens it with his uninjured arm. He dashes out the door and can be heard colliding with something...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will take a drink off a Heal-itt potion, then look into the doorway to try and see and hear what's going on in the building. Is there still the pitter-patter of incoming bad guys feet? Can we make it through the room and out the back door after the cloaked figure before the bad guys show up? If not, is there a defensible position inside, and time to set it up? Or does it look smarter to just stay put and let the bad guys come to us?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ah. Does the power phase of the turn effect the quality of his hijinks?
No. I don't believe the official books ever say so, but I'm assuming that the Power Phase result is pretty localized. It's tied to the ebb and flow of magical power or whatever, which is probably turbulent enough that it isn't necessarily the same at every point over a broad area. Like, it seems excessively silly that I would roll a 1 and there'd be low power for every wizard in the whole world (and we wouldn't want this game to be excessively silly now, would we?), so it's got to be more specific than that. Does one result cover an entire city? I'm thinking still no, that it has to be even more local than that. But I haven't narrowed it down to an exact distance and so far I've never had to. Hm, something to think about...

-Ty sips from a Heal-Itt Potion, restoring 3 of his Wounds (13/15).

Tyresius rushes in and quickly surveys the situation. He successfully channels his experience training blindfolded for the fighting pits and is able to gauge the source of the sound. It is more than one individual, heavily armored and moving fast (making significant noise in the process). They're a few rooms away and possibly moving through a cellar or a room on another floor, as it really sounded like they were running up stairs. Ty is sure that unless he, Dorgath, and Carrow linger, they can make it out the back door before the reinforcements reach this room.

(It would take one turn for all of you to leave through the back door, and the reinforcements won't arrive until two turns after that; I wasn't going to give that information away without you finding out the hard way, but Tyresius scored a critical success on his "listening" test, so yeah...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tyresius, Carrow, and Dorgath rush out the back door, arriving on a narrow, unlit street. Otto Rolhannes lies on his back, dazed but alive. The cloaked man, sack in tow, is heading north along the street. He turns, sees the party, and darts west along a cross street...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Can Carrow get a shot off before he's out of range? In any event, 2 of us should probably keep pursuing the guy we assume is Darenaeok Sedrazzi while the 3rd checks on Otto. I'd hate to leave him to answer to the heavies we left behind that might be incoming all by himself while dazed and confused.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Nice shooting, elf!"

I'll help Otto on his feet and to some cover (in a building?) while you guys chase Darenaeok, since you guys are faster than me.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath lifts Otto to his feet. Otto is more distraught than hurt...

"He hit me with such speed, I was unprepared. He must not be allowed to escape again. Which way did he go?"

Tyresius and Carrow follow Darenaeok. They round the corner and find that he has stopped running and turned around. In his hands are two black wands. He touches them together and thrusts them out to his sides...

And then buildings start bursting into flames. The fires spread with supernatural speed, starting with the ones near Darenaeok, but erupting in seemingly random places all around the district. Some of the fires coalesce into portals ringed by familiar symbols: he is summoning Chaos gates! Before Carrow has a chance to draw on him, four beastmen ambush Carrow and Ty.

-The Power Phase is 2 for this turn.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before combat starts.
-Ty slaughters a beastman with his flail.
-Ty's deathblow misses.
-Ty's knee strike drops another beastman.
-Ty leaps past Carrow and knee-strikes another beastman in the face, for another kill.
-A beastman throws a spear at Ty, but misses.
-At beastman lunges at Carrow, but is blocked by his Elf Shield.
-The Sword of Hoeth is like lightning in Carrow's hand. He gains double attacks this turn.
-Carrow trips and bounces off a beastman.
-Carrow brutally slashes a beastman's torso (5 damage).
-Carrow slashes again, but the beastman sidesteps.
-Carrow decapitates a beastman.
-Carrow collects 125 gold.
-Tyresius collects 175 gold.

As they finish the beastmen off, Tyresius and Carrow see Darenaeok make it to another major street and turn north.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"If you're able, we can try to catch up with him." Hopefully Otto agrees and we take off after everyone.

As a side not, I just bought Warhammer Quest on the iPhone and the fourth quest or so has me looking for some poor farmer's ass :D