Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg's in the middle of a drinking contest right now. Perhaps if you guys can wait a day, he can join up then. I'm not sure how time works in this universe.

Meanwhile...

Throg considers the brandy placed before him, then shifts his attention to the ingredients. He was really hoping for some hops to mix with the onion and tongue, but alas, they are not there.
He pulls out the beryl, onion, ivory and leek, but hesitates before adding them to the drink. This could have too drastic an effect. He puts the beryl, onion and ivory back on the tray. He definitely needs to take a leek.
Next he grabs the fur, amber, moonstone and emerald, to combine with the leek. But will those ingredients be powerful enough to completely thaw the drink? Perhaps not. The emerald and moonstone may be of use, but not the rest.
After several more minutes of contemplation, Throg gets tired of thinking and tosses the moonstone, emerald and leek into the brandy. Then he closes his eyes, grabs a final ingredient randomly and plops it in. After opening his eyes, he sees that the tongue is gone from the tray.

"This drink was so cold it was hard as a rock. Any man who can't fix it can go suck a lollipop." [Any man who can't fix it can go pop and lock] [Any man who can't fix it can jump off a dock] [Drinking it about made my ticker go tock - TomB] [I suck at rhymes too] Couldn't think of a rhyme here. Spiderman can feel free to edit appropriately.

Throg will slurp the brandy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The brandy is delicious. Probably. Throg thinks. It's all getting rather hazy. At least it doesn't freeze his throat—Throg is sure of that much. Still, it's a strong drink and everything is pretty hazy by this point. The bartender brings a new tray, but the daemon stirs agitatedly...

"This cannot be possible. You're cheating somehow.
I may be unable to see it, mortal. But this trickery stops now!
By my power, I dispel whatever Tzeenchian enchantment is avoiding my gaze.
This has gone on enough. Let's get rid of the trays."

The daemon pushes the trays away and the bartender frantically collects them. On the table, there is a black hexahedron that appears to be made of metal. The bartender lifts a cap from the top and slowly adds the liquid inside to a pair of cups. Somehow, Throg is still able to see straight and discern the runes on this bizarre, rectangular bottle...

Explode Gin

The daemon reaches toward his cup, then hesitates. Snarling, he turns away, seizing the bartender. He growls in the bartender's face...

"Are you behind this? What have you done?
No mortal can stand against me. I should have already won."

The daemon is distracted, but with the trays gone, Throg has no phantom objects to add to either his own beverage or the daemon's. However, the original bottles for all of the drinks in the contest so far are still on the table, within reach...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Kelgar is somewhere out on the streets of the Market District, having recently acquired some well-earned donations for his feat of animal husbandry. No one else in the party is aware of his precise whereabouts. Otto leads Dorgath, Carrow, and Tyresius toward the Southgate-Ostwald District...

"Now, as to your inquiry on Darenaeok Sedrazzi's nature, I am loathe to admit it, but it is a matter of public record. Quite public, actually, but you are from other lands and cannot be faulted for your ignorance. Alas, the scoundrel is my first cousin, once removed. My family was one of the most important in the Empire, and I could spend hours talking about their history and achievements, but for now, it would be prudent to stick to the less distant aspects of the story. My father was, from an early age, a hero of the Reiksguard. He came to the defense of a young lady, who was fleeing from the minions of her estranged father: Scazra Sedrazzi. She spoke of her father's wickedness and his employment of dark magic, though few believed her. Scazra Sedrazzi had powerful friends within the Empire, including in the Colleges of Magic. There was scandal and violence, but to summarize, my father succeeded in exposing Scazra Sedrazzi's wicked ways, and the Sedrazzi House, which had itself been of great significance, was ruined. And that same young lady who had been rescued by my father and who had helped him defeat her own father would then go on to marry my father, joining the Rolhannes family. She was my mother. Darenaeok Sedrazzi, our present quarry, is the son of Scazra Sedrazzi's brother. One might say that things became rather hectic after my mother joined the family..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I have had that thought myself. Ultimately, I do not know. He has family with training in magic, but then, so do I."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I should have been more clear, since most of this has been done through the thread and not messages. The characters who are not together can't hear each other.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think we figured as much, but since we're a group I'd imagine we'd have an inkling about how to get a hold of one another in case of emergency, or opportunity...Sounds like Otto's not in the mood to wait though...:)

"Couldn't hurt to have a look around first Dorgath. Maybe we can sneak in and check things out before we go crashing around killing stuff."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought we'd wait also until Throg was done and Kelgar came back, that wasn't clear either. Although Otto does seem to be a little eager to get going...

"Ar, let's scout it out since we're here." I assume we're "here"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I just had a thought: If they're after Carrow shouldn't we disguise him or something? We won't be able to scout much if they recognize him - we'll be too busy running away...:rolleyes:"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Rounding a corner, Otto points out two men in hoods and cowls.

"There. His sentries. I've seen their like before, if not those particular specimens. And in my prior attempt at a confrontation, he eluded me simply by departing through the back door. To prevent this, I propose that one of us lies in wait. I am loathe to divide our force if more of his criminals wait inside, yet I see no other way to apprehend him..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I'd rather not split the 3 of us up either...This sounds like all the more reason to wait for our friends before crashing in there. Unless you're thinking of going in by yourself and having me and Dorgath us cover the back together, I say we wait."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I do suppose that I am the logical choice. The three of you have fought together before, and you may catch them off-guard. If Sedrazzi attempts to shield himself with others and then flee, he shall perish at the end of my sword..."

Otto departs toward the back street of the warehouses.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect Oversoul has plans for us here, otherwise he would not have misunderstood what I said quite so thoroughly...I did forget Carrow was here too, but I'd still feel better if at least Kelgar and his heals were along for the ride...

"I believe you misunderstood me Otto," Ty mutters to the others as Otto walks away. "I meant for you to lead the way into the front door because I don't trust you entirely and suspect this is a trap. So what do you guys think? Should we follow his plan? Wait for more help? Come up with a plan that involves sneaking in somehow, and not just crashing in through the front door killing everything we stumble into? Or should we go convince him (without insulting him) that he should accompany the group that goes in through the front door, so he shares the same risk we do?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I suspect Oversoul has plans for us here, otherwise he would not have misunderstood what I said quite so thoroughly...I did forget Carrow was here too, but I'd still feel better if at least Kelgar and his heals were along for the ride...

To be clear, I understood you. Otto either really is that obtuse, or he has some hidden agenda. But which one? :cool:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe if we draw the doorwardens out into the street somehow, so Carrow will have cleaner shooting lines, and perhaps take some of their people out without alerting the whole place we're here...Too bad they may know what we 3 look like, and are probably keeping an eye out for us..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Let us wait to see what transpires from the instigation of Otto's impetuousness. I'll try to conceal my visage in a dark shadow or pull my hood up (if I have one)."