Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As a side not, I just bought Warhammer Quest on the iPhone and the fourth quest or so has me looking for some poor farmer's ass :D
Haha, I think Games Workshop used the title for a few different products, so it probably has little in common with the 1995 board game, but could be fun to check out anyway...

Tyresius and Carrow pursue Darenaeok up the next street, with Dorgath and Otto following them. Darenaeok darts onto another side street and attempts to lose the party by turning a corner before they can see which alley he took. Fortunately, his arrow-wound leaves a trail of blood, so you're easily able to take the correct turns, first east, then north again after two blocks. Darenaeok summons more flaming portals, and crews are rushing to put the fires out. The beastmen emerging through the portals seem intent on stopping you, but the people of Middenheim swarm them from all directions. As Darenaeok attempts to duck into yet another alley, he is intercepted by a new arrival. The confusion caused by the fires helped Darenaeok to evade you at first, but now they're serving as a giant beacon letting all of your friends know where the trouble is...

Kelgar is reunited with the party.

Darenaeok continues running up the street, but the party is gaining ground. Just when it seems that Carrow has a clear shot, another wave a of beastmen arrives and charges you...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Ho Kelgar!" Ty greets as he steps forward and wades into battle with the beastmen.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul said:
Haha, I think Games Workshop used the title for a few different products, so it probably has little in common with the 1995 board game, but could be fun to check out anyway...
No, it says it based off the tabletop game. Or mimics it, or comes close to an electronic version of it, take your pick :) However, I just encountered some bug while doing some other quest; caused the game to freeze up, crash out, and apparently corrupted my icloud save so I had to delete the game, re-install, and start over. I wasn't too far into the game (my fourth quest) but if this happens "regularly", it will be.... annoying. Going to look at it further on the Net when I get the time.

Dorgath throws a Smoke Bomb at the beastmen group if there's distance, but if they're charging from a side street or such and he's thrown immediately into melee, he'll just start swinging away.

Melkor

"What is the meaning of this attack on a peaceful town? By Sigmar, I shall personally smite any who do not lay down arms at once!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 2 for this turn.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before combat starts.
-Ty swings his flail at a beastman, but fails to connect.
-Ty throws a knee strike, but slips and falls on his back.
-A beastman throws a spear...
-Carrow dodges it.
-A beastman throws a spear, but misses.
-A beastman hits Kelgar with a thrown spear, but his armor protects him.
-A beastman accidentally throws a spear in the wrong direction.
-Carrow blocks a thrown spear with his Elf Shield.
-Carrow catches a thrown spear in his Elf Cloak, absorbing its damage.
-Dorgath lobs a firebomb at the charging beastmen. Four of them are caught in the blast (3 damage). Then Dorgath remembers that he doesn't have any smoke bombs and never did.
-Kelgar succeeds his Blessing attempt and may use one of his Blessings this turn...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath looks at Ty and thinks Pit Fighting training is a Good Thing, but hopes to be more agile.

Smoke, Fire, both bombs, the latter causes the former... :D

If the Beastmen are still not in melee range, throw another Firebomb. Else engage with my Axe.

Melkor

I bless myself with Vanquish and attempt to smite some Beastmen or attempt to stop the fleeing cloaked man if I have a clear path to him. I'm a little confused as to where my character is in relation to everything.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Kelgar blesses himself and Carrow (his blessings get upgraded as he levels up) with Vanquish. Kelgar and Carrow gain extra attacks this turn.
-Dorgath lobs another firebomb, torching the beastmen some more and killing two of them.
-Darenaeok summons another portal.
-Darenaeok casts Arnizipal's Black Horror. A black cloud issues from his mouth and engulfs the Warriors in darkness, damaging them (Dorgath 17/21, Carrow 7/16, Kelgar 14/18, Tyresius 13/15).
-The Sword of Hoeth is like lightning in Carrow's hand. Carrow gains double attacks this turn.
-Carrow slashes a beastman (1 damage).
-Carrow swings his sword through a beastman's face, killing it (5 damage).
-Carrow's deathblow misses.
-Carrow stabs a beastman (2 damage).
-Carrow hits a beastman again, but the monster is still trying to fight him (3 damage).
-Carrow decapitates a beastman (5 damage).
-Carrow's deathblow continues, finishing off a burned beastman (5 damage).
-Carrow's deathblow cuts into another firebomb-weakened beastman (2 damage).
-Carrow launches another sword-thrust that finishes off a beastman (1 damage).
-Otto blasts one of the weakened beastmen with his dueling pistol and slips through to Darenaeok, attacking furiously with his rapier...

Darenaeok draws his own sword and counterattacks. Both men seems to be capable fencers, but Otto is more skilled. Nevertheless, you see that he cannot win: Darenaeok seems unaffected by the blows that do make it through his armor, and as Otto parries his attacks, Darenaeok's strikes have such force that they nearly knock the rapier from Otto's hands. If Darenaeok were a normal human, he'd be severely hurt, but he seems unfazed and appears to have superhuman strength and constitution.

-Kelgar stumbles past a beastman and fails to hit.
-Kelgar's Ring of Command enhances his Strength.
-Kelgar crushes the skull of a beastman.
-Ty leaps to his feet and swings his flail again, but completely misses.
-Ty knee-strikes the last beastman (4 damage).
-Ty throws a big knee-strike and finishes off the last beastman protecting Darenaeok.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade fully restores his own Wounds and Carrow's.
-Kelgar collects 50 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

More beastman arrive through the new portal. The air crackles with magical power and the Chaos gate collapses, vanishing into smoke. Darenaeok begins looking for the source of the magic. Skullcrusher slinks in through an alleyway. Tomas, Son of Ed is with him. The wizard smiles and nods at you. Darenaeok sees that your numbers have grown even more. Growling in frustration, he starts casting another spell...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty ignores the fresh arrivals, downs a Potion of Battle, and throws himself at Darenaeok attempting to tackle him and interrupt his spellcasting by punching his fist spike into his face while grinding knee spikes into his abdomen...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Witch Elves are among the most cruel, evil, and savage of all dark elves. They do not carry shields, caring nothing for their own protection, and are armed with sharp swords and long knives. As the Warriors close in on Darenaeok, two beastman champions and three witch elves attack them.

-The Power Phase is 2 for this turn.
-Darenaeok casts Wicked Affliction on Carrow (13/16 Wounds).
-Tomas casts Rebound on Tyresius. Tyresius shimmers.
-Kelgar blesses himself and Carrow with Vanquish. They get +1 Attacks this turn.
-A beastman throws a spear, impaling Dorgath (12/21 Wounds).
-A beastman throws a spear at Tyresius, but it flies over his head.
-A witch elf goes into a frenzy, gaining double attacks for the rest of combat.
-A witch elf swings wildly at Skullcrusher, but misses.
-A witch elf slashes Skullcrusher (1 damage).
-Witch elves hates wood elves. The witch elf attacking Carrow gets +1 Attacks and -1 to hit.
-A witch elf charges, Carrow, but he narrowly ducks beneath the sword.
-A witch elf stabs Carrow, but the Elf Cloak absorbs the damage.
-A witch elf cuts Carrow (12/16 Wounds).
-A witch elf swings wide, completely missing Carrow.
-A witch elf leaps at Tomas, but comes up short.
-A witch elf stabs Tomas (13/19 Wounds).
-A beastman champion intercepts Tyresius charging at Darenaeok. Tyresius is unable to escape pinning this turn and must fight the monster.
-A beastman champion intercepts Dorgath. Dorgath is unable to escape pinning this turn and must fight the monster.
-Awaiting any additional decisions for the Warriors...

Otto continues rapidly attacking Darenaeok with his rapier, but the cloaked man seems more focused on Tomas and casting spells. As Darenaeok attempts to summon another portal, Otto slices through one of the magic wands. Darenaeok shrieks in fury and redoubles his sword attacks on Otto...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
-Ty throws a big knee-strike and finishes off the last beastman protecting Darenaeok.
Oops...I thought Ty was closer to him since he slew the last beastman between them, so that's why I tried to hit him with the all-out attack...lol

Ty will continue to fight whatever gets between him and Darenaeok...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oops...I thought Ty was closer to him since he slew the last beastman between them, so that's why I tried to hit him with the all-out attack...lol
Most of the portals he summons show up near him. So you did have a clear path to him, but you got blocked by a newly arrived beastman.