Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, that happens. I just noticed that since the last time we had anything happen here, you've made about 10 posts (many of which were extremely long, detailed, and seemingly well-researched) in the global warming thread. I thought perhaps I could get some action going by having Throg argue with the ghost about the existence and effects of global warming. :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Regardless of any global warming or lack thereof in the Warhammer World, the ghost cares not for such things and ignores Throg's attempts to bait it. The only temperature the ghost pays any attention to is the temperature of the elf it is pursuing, which the ghost has apparently deemed too high. The only solution is to kill Carrow...

-Dorgath finishes all of his provisions and is feeling much healthier.
-Kelgar restores 4 Wounds on Dorgath with Healing Touch (12/14).
-Kelgar is awarded 20 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

-Throg becomes afraid of ghosts. His attacks are at -1 to hit.
-Throg swings the Hellfire Sword, but the ghost is too quick.
-The ghost lunges at Carrow, but the elf is too quick.

Kelgar and Dorgath both rush the ghost, but Kelgar gets there first, blocking the drunken dwarf's path to engage the ghost.

-Kelgar becomes afraid of ghosts. His attacks are at -1 to hit.
-Kelgar trips and fails to threaten the ghost at all.
-Kelgar fails to heal anything with his Ring of Jade.

Round 8
-The power phase is 1. An unexpected event occurs!
-Kelgar fails to bless anything this turn.
-Carrow picked up a Sword of Hoeth.
-Carrow picked up an Elf Helm.
-Carrow equipped an Elf Helm.
-The ghost reaches for Carrow, but doesn't catch the swiftly moving elf.

Carrow snatches up the items he dropped earlier while retreating. The ghost ignores Throg and Kelgar, easily breaking from them to continue its pursuit of Carrow. Throg and Kelgar move to chase the ghost. But everyone notices that another ghost has arrived from the stairs. Ignoring Dorgath, who is closest to it, this ghost attacks the ogre Kelgar knocked down with his hammer, easily finishing what was already probably a mortally wounded victim...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg, miffed that the ghost ignored his attempts to engage in a heated (pun intended) discussion about climate change in Warhammer World, will continue attacking the ghost that's going after Carrow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Way to go Kelgar!"

Dorgath, surprised that an ogre was still alive, turns and checks the other two, delivering the coup de grace if need be.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Carrow attacks with the Sword of Hoeth, but becomes afraid of ghosts.
-Carrow slashes at the ghost, but his strike falls short.
-Throg attacks, but his blade passes through the ghost without effect.
-Throg snaps at a ghost, but stumbles and nearly crashes into the tomb, catching himself.
-Kelgar swings at a ghost, but his hammer passes harmlessly through the ethereal foe.
-Kelgar heals Throg (the only wounded Warrior still adjacent to him) of 10 Wounds with his Ring of Jade.
-Kelgar is awarded 50 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

Dorgath is can tell that all of the ogres are dead now, but also notices that he now seems to have the attention of this second ghost, which is rapidly advancing on him. Fortunately, the dwarf has just sobered up...

Round 9
-The power phase is 2 for this turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will lead the ghost in a game of chase around the crypt while the other three deal with their ghost and can then take care of mine.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Carrow backs away from the ghost, circling the tomb in the opposite direction he did earlier. The spaces between the tomb and the walls are not wide enough for Throg and Kelgar to both attack the ghost, so Throg attacks the ghost's back while Kelgar follows right behind him.

-Kelgar fails to bless anything this turn.
-The Sword of Hoeth is like lightning in Carrow's hand (Carrow gains double attacks this turn).
-Carrow slices right into a ghost, but the blade passes through it and does no damage.
-Carrow swings at a ghost, but the ghost sidesteps the attack.
-Throg hits a ghost with a piercing attack for 3 damage.
-A ghost tries to attack Dorgath, but misses.
-A ghost tries to attack Carrow, but balks at the whirling blade in the elf's hand and fails to keep up with him.

At last, Carrow has slipped away from the ghost.

-Dorgath swings at a ghost, but his axe goes wide.
-Dorgath tries to break from combat with the ghost attacking him, but isn't quick enough.

Round 10...
-The power phase is 2 for this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22;289989 said:
Also, why didn't Throg use his bite attack that turn?
I see that someone else is paying more attention than me. Throg did use his bite attack and it did hit, but I forgot to type that. So yeah, that's two more damage on ghost #1.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"What the hell is with this sword? Well, come get me you poor excuse for a ghoul... if you can catch me." As Carrow leads the ghost towards the doorway.

Status
Not open for further replies.