Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I just remembered that Dorgath was already going to do a thorough trap-search before the ambush. His vigilance is justified. Dorgath finds two traps directly in front of the unopened chests: pressure plates on the floor with large stone blocks rigged to drop from the ceiling. Just when he thinks he has found all of the traps, Dorgath finds that directly in front of the opened chest, the floor tiles seem to be rigged to give away under pressure, indicating a pit trap.

Visual depiction below, with party members and the rest of the map not shown...

thepitofdarkness08.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath's further search reveals that the space to the side of the open chest is also a pit trap. He finds no mechanism for disarming the traps. It seems that the only way to reach the treasure chests is to approach diagonally, between the pit traps. There isn't much room to do this, so one false move could mean falling into a pit...

B

BigBlue

...or being crushed by a block of granite. :)

I hear Tiny Tim... Tiptoe, through the pit traps...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey guys, how about we jury-rig a rope harness and keep no to little slack, so if the pit trap is set off, the person (me) won't have far to fall?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath trips in his own makeshift harness on his first step. Fortunately for him, his failure to scale the gap between pits is so spectacular that he doesn't even make it far enough to actually fall into a pit. He just falls onto the ground, which isn't painful (at least not physically). Dorgath adjusts the rope and makes a second attempt, which is successful. He examines the open chest. Dorgath finds 500 gold. There is a brooch that Dorgath recognizes, as Throg is already carrying one just like it. Dorgath finds two swords with their ornate hilts fashioned into monstrous jaws gripping the blades with their teeth. The swords seem to stir slightly as Dorgath touches them. Probably magical. Finally, he finds a gleaming, mirror-like shield. Looking into the shield, clouds seem to rolls across its surface and shards of light cut the air around it. Definitely magical.

-Dorgath identifies a Dawnstone: Can be used to resurrect someone once. Worth 500 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath finds the same trap again. He thinks he sees a way to disarm the traps. If he's right, he could collect two free firebombs and open the chests safely. If he is wrong, well...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath is successful. He collects two firebombs. There is enough gold for all four warriors to collect 375 apiece. There is also treasure...

To move things along, I'll assume that everyone contributes to identifying the treasure...

-Dawnstone: Can be used to resurrect someone once. Worth 500 gold.
-Enchanted Shield: +3 Armor. May not be wielded by any Warrior wearing any armor other than a helmet unless that Warrior is Level 4 or higher. Worth 800 gold.
-Bane Sword (Goblins): Does double damage to goblins. Worth 500 gold.
-Bane Sword (Orcs): Does double damage to orcs. Worth 500 gold.
-Elf Shield: Deflects the first blow that would otherwise strike the wielder each turn unless the to-hit roll is a natural 6. Worth 500 gold. Elves only (can't be used simultaneously with a bow, of course).
-Blessed Sword: Only misses on a to-hit roll of 1 or 2. Worth 300 gold.
-Elf-Biter, Axe of Grom: Ignores armor. Damage done after accounting for defensive modifiers is doubled. Worth 2000 gold.
-Helm of the Dragonslayer: +1 Toughness. Nullfies breath weapon attacks agaisnt the wearer. Worth 500 gold.
-Crossbow of Swiftness: As many shots per turn as the wielder has attacks. Worth 750 gold. Note that Dorgath is the only person in the current party that can use crossbows.
-Lifestone of Ashraz: As long as the bearer is above 0 Wounds, this heals 1D3 Wounds at the beginning of each turn. Worth 1,500 gold.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Lets split it up as needed.
Should the swords be given to the non-qwarves
The axe should go to a dwarf.
Dorgath, want the xbow?
Who holds the dawnstone? Me?
Who needs the lifestone , Dorgath? Kelgar?
I can wear the elf shield on my back until I can't fire arrows.
One of the dwarves needs the dragon helm.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, a virtual motherlode of goodies!

Aren't I the only dwarf?
I believe I have a Lifestone already.
I don't mind the Axe and Helm, but what does Throg need? Kelgar does a lot of spellcasting so one of the Swords would probably suit him.
We have a Dawnstone already, right? Who has that (I don't think it's me)?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Kelgar is a priest of Sigmar. He uses hammers, no swords allowed. It's kind of like that thing with the cleric in D&D. And yes, Dorgath already has a Lifestone of Ashraz. Throg has a Dawnstone.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow -Dawnstone: Can be used to resurrect someone once. Worth 500 gold.
????-Enchanted Shield: +3 Armor. May not be wielded by any Warrior wearing any armor other than a helmet unless that Warrior is Level 4 or higher. Worth 800 gold.
Carrow -Bane Sword (Goblins): Does double damage to goblins. Worth 500 gold.
???-Bane Sword (Orcs): Does double damage to orcs. Worth 500 gold.
Carrow-Elf Shield: Deflects the first blow that would otherwise strike the wielder each turn unless the to-hit roll is a natural 6. Worth 500 gold. Elves only (can't be used simultaneously
with a bow, of course).
Throg -Blessed Sword: Only misses on a to-hit roll of 1 or 2. Worth 300 gold.
Dorgath -Elf-Biter, Axe of Grom: Ignores armor. Damage done after accounting for defensive modifiers is doubled. Worth 2000 gold.
Keglar -Helm of the Dragonslayer: +1 Toughness. Nullfies breath weapon attacks agaisnt the wearer. Worth 500 gold.
Dorgath -Crossbow of Swiftness: As many shots per turn as the wielder has attacks. Worth 750 gold. Note that Dorgath is the only person in the current party that can use crossbows.
Throg -Lifestone of Ashraz: As long as the bearer is above 0 Wounds, this heals 1D3 Wounds at the beginning of each turn. Worth 1,500 gold.

Feel free to make changes and fill in the ?s

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What level are we again? I wouldn't mind the Shield unless someone else wants it and can use it.
I'll take the Bane Sword (more to carry than anything else) unless someone else wants it.
Kelgar's pretty much an NPC at this point, so I'm thinking one of us should get the Helm, doesn't matter who to me.