Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm sure that I can't beat the dwarf to the gold, thus I will check out the other two chests. Do they look like they are locked?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Whoa, whoa! As much as I like gold, untrapped gold behind an untrapped door is usually too good to be true."

Dorgath tells the party to stay where they while he looks for traps in the room, especially leading up to the chests, and if he doesn't find any, carefully checks the chests for traps.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As you enter the room, you are ambushed by seven snotlings. Snotlings are the smallest of the green-skinned races. They are not very intelligent and behave very much like extremely enthusiastic and uncontrollable puppies. They can fetch and carry for goblins and orcs, and do other rather limited tasks, but they are little use for any real work.

Snotling Ambush
-Five snotlings surround Kelgar and attack him with planks of wood (10/14).
-Two snotlings attempt to trip Throg, but he is able to fend them off.

As you prepare to counterattack, Arcttus shouts...

"Look out, I think this is the goblin patrol we were hiding from when you found us!"

Six goblin archers appear around the corner in the T-junction behind you, readying their bows.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Carrow easily slips past the snotlings and slams the door on the approaching goblins. Their arrows thud against the door. Throg swings his axe and cleaves through four snotlings. They don't make "squish" sounds when he attacks. Annoyed by this, Throg darts toward another snotling and squishes its face with his boot. No wait, that was more of a "crunch" sound than a "squish." Throg snatches up one of the remaining snotlings and gouges out its throat with his fangs, but this produces more of a slick, gooey snapping sound than a "squish." Kelgar brings his hammer down on the last snotling, producing a distinct "squish." The snotlings are all dead, but the goblins are now trying to open the door...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Let's take care of these greenskins!" Dorgath prepares to open the door and charge into them if the others are ready.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will stand around for this round, reveling smugly in his 6-kill turn.
After that, he'll go back to killing things.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg realizes that he actually only killed five snotlings, not six.

Roll a six-sided die for Throg's Dejection Test.
1 - Throg's eyes well up with tears, obstructing his vision. Throg is at -1 Weapon Skill for the rest of the turn.
2 - Throg's brain attempts to rationalize his belief that he killed that last snotling. Throg concludes that, in addition to being himself, he is also somehow Kelgar. Throg fights as normal, but mutters fake prayers to Sigmar while he tries to maintain his delusion.
3 - Throg decides that he was about to kill that last snotling anyway, and Kelgar's hammer only spared it the more grisly death that it would have experienced at Throg's hands. Close enough. Throg stands around reveling smugly for the rest of the turn.
4 - Throg sighs deeply, then finds it in himself to revel smugly for the rest of the turn.
5 - Throg comes to terms with Kelgar's finishing blow on the last snotling. He decides that his lust for blood remains unquenched, so he is motivated to fight even more aggressively. Throg gets +1 Attacks this turn.
6 - Throg wasn't wrong: I was! Throg used his chaotic powers to infiltrate the mind of the priest of Sigmar. Turgy22 controls Kelgar for the rest of the adventure!

turgy22

Nothing Special
As you enter the room, you are ambushed by seven snotlings.
Throg swings his axe and cleaves through four snotlings. They don't make "squish" sounds when he attacks. Annoyed by this, Throg darts toward another snotling and squishes its face with his boot. No wait, that was more of a "crunch" sound than a "squish." Throg snatches up one of the remaining snotlings and gouges out its throat with his fangs, but this produces more of a slick, gooey snapping sound than a "squish."
I'm pretty sure that 4 + 1 + 1 = 6. Maybe addition works differently in chemistry.

Kelgar will pat Throg on the back for both his amazing skills in battle and addition.

R

rokapoke

Miss Scarlet: "One plus two plus two plus one..."

Wadsworth: "One plus two plus one plus one..."

Ah, Clue. What a fantastic film!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My "cleaves through" was pretty poor word choice since I didn't clarify which snotlings died and which didn't. Reading what I wrote, I'd also interpret it as Throg killing six snotlings (as would anyone, I'd think). Throg's deathblow, from where the snotlings surrounded Kelgar, should actually only have been able to kill three of the snotlings. Throg was then able to move, but would only have been able to kill two more, which would leave one snotling left over. However, if Kelgar misses his deathblow opportunity to kill the last snotling, no one else would be able to reach it. And even if Kelgar does kill it, Kelgar may or may not be possessed by Throg at this point. Or Carrow could take the last one out with his bow. Or maybe the snotling could have been standing in front of Dorgath, but attacking Throg, which would mean Throg could still kill four with his axe. Yeah, I'll go with that one. So Throg and/or Kelgar kill the snotlings. Goblins still at the door. Addition is a class of reaction in organic chemistry involving the breaking of pi-bonds and the formation of new bonds to new substituents. Nothing to see here. Move along. The snotlings are dead somehow. They're pretty weak anyway. Carrow will get to open the door tomorrow, probably.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-In one fluid motion, Carrow opens the door and disembowels a goblin. Carrow lunges back to make room for the others.
-Throg stands around, admiring his own handiwork.
-Dorgath hacks into a goblin's ribs, then shoves the monster to the ground. The goblin tries to rise, but is too heavily wounded.
-Dorgath's deathblow chops a goblin's arm off. The goblin falls to the floor, screaming.
-Dorgath dashes forward and slices a goblin open with his kick.
-Kelgar slams his hammer into a goblin before it can loose an arrow.
-A goblin tries to fall back, shooting an arrow as it goes. The arrow flies well over everyone's heads.
-A goblin tries to fall back, shooting an arrow into Kelgar's neck while backpeddling (6/14).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gains an extra attack for the turn.
-Boom. Headshot. Carrow takes out one goblin.
-Carrow repeats his performance, eliminating the last goblin.
-Throg collects 50 gold.
-Dorgath collects 48 gold.
-Carrow collects 48 gold.
-Kelgar collects 44 gold.

It seems that this time, none of the monsters was carrying anything valuable. What a shame. On the other hand, there are three enticing treasure chests on the far side of the room...