Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right guys, there's something in there. Be ready."

When Dorgath is assured that everyone is ready, he opens the door.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As the door swings open a harsh bellowing fills the air and a noxious odor assaults your senses. Facing you is a pair of raging minotaurs, here to guard against intruders.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Foul Chaos beasts! Polluting dwarven homes!"

If there's only room in the doorway for one of them to fit, Dorgath moves back and prepares to meet that one's charge (if it does). If both can fit through the doorway, Dorgath still moves back to force them to venture into the corridor and so we don't blindly run into the room in case there are other unseen foes.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Round 1
-Kelgar fails to bless anything this turn.
-Carrow shoots a Minotaur in the chest, dealing 2 damage.
-A Minotaur brings its club down on Dorgath, dealing 4 damage.
-A Minotaur swings at Dorgath, but the dwarf blocks the club with his axe.
-A Minotaur swings at Throg, but the chaos warrior ducks beneath the attack.
-A Minotaur bashes Throg for 4 damage.
-Throg becomes afraid of Minotaurs. His attacks against them are at -1 to hit.
-Throg slips and crashes into a Minotaur, but manages to steady himself.
-Throg bites at a Minotaur, but slips again.
-Throg kicks at a Minotaur, but the monster jumps back out of his reach.
-Dorgath chops into a Minotaur's face, dealing 8 damage.
-Dorgath kicks at a Minotaur, but the beast sidesteps.

Round 2
-The power phase is 6 for this turn...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will power up his Axe of Mighty Striking and combo it with the Chalice of Night, directed at the healthiest Minotaur.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Here's where I really wish Melkor were here to decide how Kelgar is going to proceed, but he's been ignoring this. I don't know if he's still in or not. I suppose I should try to find out. I've been kind of putting that off. Well, to keep things moving, I'll assume that Kelgar boosts Carrow with Vanquish, since Throg is about to own this battle with his superpowers anyway...

-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz heals 2 of his Wounds.
-Carrow scores a superficial hit with his arrow. It appears that the Minotaur shrugs the missile off.
-Carrow shoots a Minotaur right in the middle of its gigantic chest. The monster takes 5 damage from the attack and looks like it won't last much longer.
-The heavily wounded Minotaur strikes Dorgath with a massive blow for 9 damage.
-The Minotaur hits again. Dorgath is in big trouble (1/15).
-A Minotaur swings at Throg, but misses.
-A Minotaur brings its club down on Throg, but the chaos warrior dodges artfully.
-A strange glow appears around Throg.
-Throg activates his Axe of Mighty Striking, dealing, let's see, 28 damage. Half of the target's head is torn off and thrown across the room.
-Throg bites at the remaining Minotaur, but stumbles and doesn't even get close.
-Throg kicks at the remaining Minotaur, but fails to connect.
-Dorgath makes a desperate, clumsy attack with his axe that would connect, but the Minotaur, itself staggering from Carrow's arrow, manages to evade him.
-Dorgath, still a bit dizzy, somehow pulls off of a beautiful kick. The Minotaur seems unfazed, but then blood gushes from the wound and the monster falls face-first to the floor.
-Throg collects 198 gold.
-Dorgath collects 198 gold.
-Kelgar collects 198 gold.
-Carrow collects 286 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Um, you guys? That was it. You know that, right? The minotaurs are dead now. You can continue exploring and whatnot. Well, actually, I need to hunt down my notes for this (I got into the University of Washington, so I moved to Seattle), which might take a few days or more depending on how busy I am, but don't let that stop you...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Um Kelgar? Would you mind healing me a little? I'm losing a little more blood than I care to right now... :) "

Dorgath searches the bodies for loot.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Someone heal that boy......
What are these things doing down here and what did they eat? Besides those like us.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yea, I'm sure that kept them around.....
I'll search the bodies while Dorgath bleeds on them...... Will someone heal this one?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The minotaurs each carried only a club and an iron ingot similar to the ones found earlier, but smaller. These two are worth 30 gold each. The room is otherwise empty.

Kelgar heals 6 of Dorgath's wounds.
Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 1 Wound (8/15).
skabnozeslair10.png

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will take the ingots if no one else wants to, then join Throg in the search of the room for traps and secret doors.