Visificationnessity!

H

Homestar

no way train, its liek KJ ssaid, its just not the same.........

T

train

they'd be the pyroblasted best blue spell...

That's a dream of mine...

Have WOTC state that all islands are blue!...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
From an old Inquest I happen to have acquired...

Stop the Cheese Idol
Artifact 0
Sacrifice Stop The Cheese Idol: If target opponent has two or more non-creature cards with U in the casting cost in his or her graveyard, each player throws his or her library. The owner of the card that travels the farthest wins the game.
"Counter this, jackass!"

B

boozehound

train, i may of missed this in earlier threads but i gotta ask you why you hate blue so much? never really came across someone who is so anti one particular colour!

H

Homestar

its simple he hates it simply because its way overpowered and is by far the cheapest color in magic.

H

Homestar

If your playing to win then yes, but Train is all about casual magic.

(So how am i doin so far, Train? am i right so far?:D )

B

boozehound

I do not play tournaments, never have and probably never will. This probably defines me as a casual player cos i only play magic amongst my mates............but that does not mean i do not play to win, as i am sure train does not play to lose.........

H

Homestar

well he doesnt play to lose i can assure you that. im sure he could throw a blue deck together that could whomp everyone every time, but, i dunno i guess he prefers to have fun and have a challenge every once in a while.........

B

boozehound

I know what you mean about fun decks, i have a modular deck that doesn't always win but is just fun to play - wait till you play a darksteel gargoyle, spirit link it and then wrath of god - presto- 27/27 (or whatever) spirit linked indestructable flying creature (which then gets bounced or removed from the game with that cursed legacy weapon my mate jon keeps using) which was funny last time he played it against my artifact deck and i used mindslaver to legacy weapon his own legacy weapon during his turn..............joy, oh joy

T

train

I'm not the only on to ever think things up - but Blue is just way too strong...

It is the only color that can inherently say "no" to something another player wants to do... That can easily ruin the game for everyone...

I used to play blue.. I'd power sink with psychic venoms on your lands... I'd copy artifact, then destroy yours... Heck, I'd go perpetual, and not look back...

but then the game isn't a game - it's more of a one-sided show...

i like players being able to play their decks, and see their combos, and ideas work, I don't want to say no, just because it would kill me... I'll do my dangedest to stay alive - but would rather shake someone's hand and congratulate them on the win, then not let them play their creation...

I run a strong utility control deck - with no blue in it, that I built to show people, there is control outside of blue... and the cards are more fun to use... and opponents like seeing them more also... It's just better overall that way...

and a game... not a show...

:cool:

(But Homestar summed a lot of it up really well...)

BH - threads throughout the CPA have some ideas I posted with blue involved... you'd probably agree those combos are downright wrong... you don't want to know what else is in this head of mine... Heck - one of them made an infinite ring of ma'ruf, simply scary...
:)

B

boozehound

A point well made and a point conceded- i would much rather lose a good game that has had twenty turns+ apiece and had some good cut and thrust, than win an empty game in five turns or less. But saying that i have just ordered four earthcrafts and four squirrel nests for my token deck............maybe i am just sick?

T

train

Maybe someday oyu will leave the darkside and make blue your mortal enemy!...

And no - the earthcrafts and squirrels aren't sick - they're cool because they're green...

What's sick is Blue could tell you "no" right when you want to use them...:rolleyes:

B

boozehound

I know what you mean, but they would have to have a "no" card in there hand for each of the four times i wanted to play the combo, and if they did i would probably jump ship and hate blue myself as well. But saying that, one friend plays with four balances in his deck and unless you play counterspells you really do not have any way of winning - i only have one blue deck - temporals, memnarchs, time stretches (with panoptic mirrors), distorting wakes, arcanis, bringers of blue dawn, quicksilver elementals, sol rings and gilded lotus, and of course counterspells. This is the only deck i have which ever wins with any consistency, so if i hated blue i would be subject to die at the hand of the balance king forever and a day!!!!!!!!!

And tradewind riders of course..........

And fog banks as blockers...............

T

train

There's easy ways to play around balance though... Look at all the stuff out there that helps you recur...

Crucible of worlds is a cherry on the toppings... I've been waiting for it to come out forever...

But when looking at a Balance - It all really does depend on the deck you're playing... My Wildcard deck would love it...:D