Visificationnessity!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Homestar's Skullcage deck (in the making) reminded me of how much fun it is to visificate someone, or whatever you want to call it...

I built this deck a while back because I didn't have room in my binder for my rares, so I pulled out some stuff that was left over and decided to build a deck with it. Now, Aeolipile fits into any colour base, but it's not a great card. What I ended up building was a deck that slowed the opponent down and used Black Vise for damage. Stuff like Boomerang, Unsummon, etc. kept the opponent's hand full by bouncing. Arcane Denial was fun countermagic, because the opponent drawing cards was for me a good thing...

It was thrown together very haphazardly, and probably not very good. But Black Vise is a nasty card and the deck had enough attackers to finish the job...

I didn't play the deck much, but I remember a few games it won simply because I dropped an Arcane Laboratory...

I have most of the stuff I used to build that deck to be sure, except for my Temporal Adepts, which I traded away...

But I think I could build a better deck of Visificationnessity and wanted to get some opinions as to what should go in it...

Obviously this deck would be totally casual, since Vise is restricted in T1 and all...

F

f-6

I can think of a few good ways.

First, there is the bounce theme. As you said, basically just look at Homestars deck.

Then there is land destruction. Mean old land destruction. Something like this perhaps:
4 Petravark
4 Avalanche riders

4 Stone rain
4 Pillage
4 Molten rain
3 Thermokarst
2 Flowstone flood

4 Black vise

4 Tinder wall
4 Elvish spirit guide
3 Chrome mox

4 Taiga
4 City of brass
4 Karplusan forest
4 Blasted landscape
4 Mountain

Even nastier with 4 Strip mine and/or 4 Wastelands.

Then there is the only one that I think is any fun to play: Pirates.
4 Rishadan footpad
4 Rishadan brigand
4 Aven fogbinger

4 Tinder wall
4 Elvish spirit guide
3 Chrome mox

3 Temporal spring
4 Hoodwink
4 Boomerang

4 Black vise

4 Tropical island
4 City of brass
4 Blasted landscape
4 Yavimaya coast
6 Island

There are probably many more evil ways to do this. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like I mentioned in Homestar's thread, you could slow down your opponent's development with Winter Orb and hammer him to the head with Stormseeker or the red equivalent. If you're still using blue, Upheaval would be good.

T

Tabasco

Terravore would also be cool if your nailing you opponents land every turn

H

Homestar

i have no idea what you guys are talkin about but im glad i could of some assisstance;)

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by Spiderman
Like I mentioned in Homestar's thread, you could slow down your opponent's development with Winter Orb and hammer him to the head with Stormseeker or the red equivalent. If you're still using blue, Upheaval would be good.
I was looking into the exact same thing, Upheaval that is.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The Pirate thing does sound fun, but I know I have very few of some of those cards. I might try them anyway though...

For LD, I have the cards I suppose to try B/R or something, but I don't think I'll try that direction, since I've done it before, even though I could do better with it now...

Upheaval is hugely expensive, and I'd have to redrop one of my lands and then a Black Vise, or something. It could work I guess, but I have none of the card anyway and it is a rare. Might be worth trying though.

Winter Orb does lock me down too, but with Vise and all I think it's worth it. I'm going to try that one definitely. I think I have an Orb or two in my cards...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, presumably you'd have artifact or alternate mana to get around the Orb if you're using it, so Upheaval's cost shouldn't be a problem. Besides, you want to wait until mid-game so it'll be effective anyway :)

Heck, you may want to be wacky and use Mana Flare :)

R

Reverend Love

White also has:

Rule of Law

Load up on cheese like:

Holy Day
Disenchant
Wrath of God
Rout
Copy Artifact
Scuplting Steel
Skullcage
Howling Mine

And maybe some stuff that allows you to discard your cards for spelllike abilities...say the Spellweavers and such?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wrath of God is probably to expensive for me, and I have none...

Rule of Law is a nice idea, but if I'm using any blue, I already have four Arcane Laboratories...

Good thing you mentioned Skullcage actually, since I'd forgotten all about another card I should try to find: Miser's Cage.

I only have one Copy Artifact too, and I don't see them very often when I'm trading, which is too bad...

I don't have Rout either, but I have Catastrophe, which might work well if I run white...

The artifact mana thing is a good point. I don't have any Thran Dynamos or Grim Monoliths. But I can at least use Sol Rings and Mana Vaults. Maybe more too...

I know if I want I can get some Howling Mines, and it seems like it could work well...

Here's what I do have so far...

4x Black Vise
1x Copy Artifact
4x Arcane Denial
4x Counterspell
4x Force of Will
4x Boomerang
4x Capsize
4x Sol Ring
Not sure what to cut or add though. I have some Rescinds too, but I forget how many...

F

f-6

Some Evacuates perhaps? Wash out is nice too. Man-o-war is pretty good as well. Bounce and chump blocker in one.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Added my Mana Short, Rescinds, and Evacuates...

Having been giving this deck as much attention as I wanted to earlier...

H

Homestar

heh, i was playin my friend while he was playin my saproling savagry deck, and he had like 21 saps out and i used evacuate, it was hilarious...

C

Captain Caveman

Hmmmmm,........

Here are a couple net deck variants you could try. Four Black Vice
are just wrong...........:)

4 Spiketail Hatchling
4 Rishadan Cutpurse
4 Rishadan Footpad
4 Black Vice
4 Seal of Removal
4 Ankh of Mishra
4 Talisman of (Whatever & Blue)