Visificationnessity!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But THREE separate Dragon builds almost made it to the top 8. That's pretty close. I don't think you're giving a good deck enough credit. Dragon decks scared people and the deck is the target of a lot of hate, even while not sitting at tier 1. Tier 2 is never a bad spot to be for a deck. Like I already said, no Keeper decks made a showing in the top 8 of that tournament. Keeper is tier 1...

T

train

Dragon isn't the only deck that is the target of a lot of hatre... That's why the mox monkeys and other cards get played - because in type 1, there haven't been changes to the tier 1 decks being played - until, apparently, this year...

my new question is whether keeper, and dragon will remain tier 1/2 decks after what happened at GenCon...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I detest the new version of Keeper even more than Mindslaver, but it is too solid a deck not to win. Dragon is such an explosive deck that it will see at least some play, but there isn't much room for combo decks in the Type I metagame. And Dragon, while a decent deck that does stand a chance of winning a tournament, simply is not the best combo deck in Type I...

TPS is.

T

train

I guess that's why I've been challenging so much on dragon - it works like sneak attack did... a combo...

And you're right - there isn't very much room for combos anymore...:cool:

T

Tabasco

but If you look at Dragon decks all you really need in your hand is:

5 Mana 1st turn: Moxen, Dark Ritual, Mana Vault, Lotus Petal Swamp, etc.

Animate Dead and Buried Alive (2 Dragons and a Laquatus, etc.)

a sample opening hand might be:

Animate Dead, Buried Alive, Lotus Petal, Mana Vault, Swamp, Swamp, Dark Ritual.

= Death before opponent even gets a draw. And thats unpowered!!!

That's why my new favorite card is Gaea's Blessing!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They don't use Buried Alive though, Bazaar of Baghdad is much better...

And Intuition is probably better too...

Dragon is competitive in Vintage (it does well in tournaments, after all, no matter how much Train doesn't think it's good) because it is so explosive. It can win early on, and even if a control deck disrupts it early on, it can fight it out and go off, or bring in some serious beatdown. It's a very hard deck to play though...

Belcher is viable, pathetically enough, because it is so fast. That's about it really...

TPS is so good because it can survive the best disruption in the game and dish out a little of its own. It's very versatile and can play into a combo from several different angles.

Deathstorm I don't know about. It's been doing surprisingly well lately. I think TPS is really the best combo deck in Vintage, but oh well...

Then again, the one I'm building is Rectal Agony, for its amazing speed and disruptive power (it often wins turn 2 while nailing the opponent with Cabal Therapy or even more).

N

NorrYtt

What the snot is Visificationnessity?

I thought is was when you cast Vivify on your opponent's Swamp and then Eradicate all the Swamps in his MonoBlack deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Buried Alive puts Ambassador Laquatus in the graveyard, which Animate Dead targets, but not after targeting the Dragon tons of times for 1,000,000,000 mana...

T

train

Okay - I went back and figured it out...

:rolleyes:

that was partially during my exam periods...

"Oh the horror!"