Tribal game 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I see that mythosx has been on and presumably has seen this so I assume he has no responses. I'll tap the Bird, Contested Cliffs, the Island and Plains to blow the Deed for 4. In response, I'lk tap the Mt and Karplusan Forest to sac the Victual Sliver for 4 life. Pass to Oversoul... (I;m basically tapped out sp I don't have anything further anyway).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm confused about your hand size. I believe Mythosx will want to respond to your blowing up the Deed, so I'll wait for that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Which part are you confused about? I had 7 cards at the start of my turn, gained three during upkeep, plus 1 more during Draw phase, for a total of 11, and played two (Mt & Deed). So I'm down to 9.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay. So you'll be discarding two at the end of this turn?

Edit: Woops. Turns out I was confused earlier because I forgot that you were popping the Deed on your own turn and not some mysterious other person's turn. I was all, "Does he have nine cards in his hand or is that just carried over from a different post?"

Obviously Spiderman is Spiderman and since it's Spiderman's turn, it's, uh, Spiderman's turn. :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If it ends up that I have 9 cards by the end of my turn, yes... I'm still in First Main Phase right now...

M

mythosx

:eek: frick...ill sack all my slivers and draw cards....my new hand size is 5 and library size is 122.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul said he wanted to see what mythosx would do, so tomorrow morning I'll resolve the Deed and continue on with my turn...

B

BigBlue

I'll calmly and quietly put all my non-land permanents into my gy.... then give spiderman the finger (it is a BIRD deck after all... :) ) I'm so dead... I can't even FB my screeches now... :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
I'll calmly and quietly put all my non-land permanents into my gy.... then give spiderman the finger (it is a BIRD deck after all... :) ) I'm so dead... I can't even FB my screeches now... :)
I echo your sentiment, although I am impressed with Spiderman's timing. He wouldn't have gotten another turn if my soldiers had gotten their say.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The three draws helped :)

Okay, so mythosx sacced his Slivers to draw 3 cards - which according to the stats post, gives him 4 cards and a library of 124 cards, not 5 cards and a library of 122 cards (I took the Victual Sliver during my upkeep with the Red Dawn Bringer). I randomly tapped some lands, feel free to correct me :)

Then my Sliver effect resolves, giving me 4 life.

Deed resolves: I lose the Birds and Oversoul and BB lose their non-land permanents.

I attack Oversoul with my Bringers for 10.

Discard Exile Into Darkness and Mossfire Valley. Done.

Spidey
Life: 22
Cards in Hand: 7
Cards in Library: 33
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U, U) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(T) Mossfire Valley (1, T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(T) Contested Cliffs

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(T) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Birds of Paradise, Exile Into Darkness, Mossfire Valley

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 8?
Cards in Hand: 6
Cards in Library: 29
Permanents:
-Forestx3 (T, T, U)
-Plainsx5 (T, T, T, U, T)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Veteran Explorer, Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero, Overgrowth, Isochron Scepter, Earthcraft, Mobilization, Skullclamp, Alaborn Musketeerx3, Alaborn Zealotx3
RFG: Auriok Steelshaper, Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in Library: 45
Permanents:

(TTTTTTUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**), Soulcatchers' Aerie, Ageless Sentinelsx2, Soulcatcher
RFG:

Mythosx
Life: 18
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 124
Permanents:

(T, U, U) Forest x2
(T, U) Mountain x2
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, U) Plains x2
(T, T, U) Island x2

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, draw, Jungle Patrol, Jungle Patrol, done.

Hey, Mythosx, topdeck an Overlord already.

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Contested Cliffs

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(T) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Birds of Paradise, Exile Into Darkness, Mossfire Valley

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 8
Cards in Library: 28
Permanents:
-Forestx4 (T, T, T, T)
-Plainsx5 (T, T, T, T, U)
-2x Jungle Patrol (S, S)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Veteran Explorer, Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero, Overgrowth, Isochron Scepter, Earthcraft, Mobilization, Skullclamp, Alaborn Musketeerx3, Alaborn Zealotx3

BigBlue
Cards in Library: 45
Permanents:

(TTTTTTUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**), Soulcatchers' Aerie, Ageless Sentinelsx2, Soulcatcher
RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(T, U, U) Forest x2
(T, U) Mountain x2
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, U) Plains x2
(T, T, U) Island x2

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Hmm... I won't be lasting a whole lot longer than anyone else... 2 5/5 and a clean board is just horrible... plus, he steals a blocker during your upkeep... how crappy is that....

Anyways...

Untap, upkeep, draw, play Celestial Gatekeeper, Done.

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Permanents:
-Forestx4 (T, T, T, T)
-2x Jungle Patrol (S, S)

BigBlue
Cards in Library: 44
Permanents:

(TTTTTUUUU) Plains x9

(S) Celestial Gatekeeper (2/2; Bird Cleric; Flying; When ~this is put into a GY from play, RFG instead and return 2 birds and/or clerics from the GY to play)

RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(T, U, U) Forest x2
(T, U) Mountain x2
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, U) Plains x2
(T, T, U) Island x2

RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Don't give up yet. He has to waste another turn taking me out. You and Mythosx might be able to come up with something after that...

M

mythosx

you are correct spiderman....my mistake....sorry i had to jump in so late but at the eot of oversoul ill play sprouting vines for mountain, swamp, and 1 plains...bringing my hand size up to a total of 6.

I'll post my turn later tonight when i get home.

M

mythosx

untap upkeep draw Play a plains

play a sliver overlord any responses?

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Permanents:
-Forestx4 (T, T, T, T)
-2x Jungle Patrol (S, S)

BigBlue
Cards in Library: 44
Permanents:

(TTTTTUUUU) Plains x9

(S) Celestial Gatekeeper (2/2; Bird Cleric; Flying; When ~this is put into a GY from play, RFG instead and return 2 birds and/or clerics from the GY to play)

RFG:

Mythosx
Cards in Hand: 5
Cards in Library: 117
Permanents:

(T, U, U) Forest x2
(T, U) Mountain x2
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, U) Plains x2
(T, U, U) Island x2

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I had to take care of Oversoul, who would overwhelm everyone with tokens, but in the process put the bulls-eye on myself :) Oh well...

I don't have any responses to the Overlord.