Tribal game 2

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
Can we wait a bit until everyone fetches lands and then reshow the board? to make certain no one has a response?
Sure thing. I don't know how much time I'll have to post on the boards for now, so "a bit" might end up being longer. I'll try to repost the board later today or tomorrow morning.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I managed to thoroughly confuse myself about my land situation, since I just jumped from three lands to six. I was entirely unclear about this before, I think. So I tapped all three lands for WGG, played Auriok Steelshaper with WG and Skullclamp with W. Since Skullclamp's equip cost is lowered by 1, I did not need to tap Veteran Explorer to untap a land and pay for the equip cost (this was one of my points of confusion). So I tapped it to untap a Forest but equipped it for free, and grabbed two Plains from my library and put them in play AND drew two cards (that are going to kill all of you, BWAHAHAHA). I dropped my land for the turn, a Plains, and equipped Skullclamp onto a soldier token (with summoning sickness). Regardless of responses (still waiting on Limited's response), I tap the soldier token being equipped in order to untap a Plains. I used to have quite some discrepency between what lands were tapped in front of me and what the forums showed. My lands have been corrected in this post.

If no one has any responses to the first token, I'll assume the same goes for the other token (with summoning sickness) I'm equipping after this first one dies. But I'll wait for Limited's response before drawing any cards. If Limited has no responses and doesn't search up some lands, the board looks like this..

Spidey
Life: 18
Cards in Hand: 7
Cards in Library: 36
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T, T) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(T) Mossfire Valley (1, T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(T) Contested Cliffs

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(U) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)
(U) Birds of Paradise (0/1, flying, T: add any mana to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Exile Into Darkness, Windswept Heath

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 17
Cards in Hand: 2 (6 assuming Skullclamp kills both tokens)
Cards in Library: 45
Permanents:
-Forestx2 (T, U)
-Plainsx4 (T, U, U, U)
-Isochron Scepter (T, imprinted with Raise the Alarm)
-Earthcraft
-Skullclamp
-9x (U, U, U, U, U, U, U, U, U, 1/1) Soldier token
-2x (U, U) Alaborn Musketeer (2/1; May block as though it has flying)
-2x (U, U) Alaborn Zealot (1/1; When ~this blocks, destroy it and the creature it blocked)
-Auriok Steelshaper (U, 1/1)

Graveyard: Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero
RFG: Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 50
Permanents:

(T, T, T, T, U, U, U) Plains x7

(U) Ageless Sentinels (4/4; Flying Wall; When ~ blocks, it becomes a Giant Bird permanently, and is no longer a wall.)
(U) Ageless Sentinels (4/4; Flying Wall; When ~ blocks, it becomes a Giant Bird permanently, and is no longer a wall.)
(U) Soulcatcher (1/1; Bird Soldier; Flying; Whenever a creature with flying goes to a GY, put a +1/+1 Counter on Soulcatcher) (1 counters)
(S) Bird Token (1/1; Bird; Flying)

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**)
RFG:

Mythosx
Cards in Hand: 1
Cards in Library: 128
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

(U) Clot Sliver 1/1 (All slivers gain, "2: Regenerate this sliver.")
(U) Quick Sliver 1/1 (Slivers may be played as an Instant)
(U) Mnemonic Sliver 2/2 (All Slivers have, "2, Sacrifice this creature: Draw a card.")

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver
RFG:

Limited
Life: 15
Permanents:

(U, U, T, T, T) 5x Mountain
(U, U) 2x Swamp
(T) Sulfurous Springs

(T) Jeska, Warrior Adept (3/1, first strike, haste, T: 1 damage to target crit or player)

Gratuitous Violence (enchantment, when my crits deal damage, double it)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Violent Eruption, Balthor the Stout[/QUOTE]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay. Limited's new lands have been added to the board. Now about those topdecks...

I'll tap everything but one Plains to play Overgrowth on that one Plains. I'll tap the Plains to play Mobilization. I'll tap Auriok Steelshaper to untap my Plains that has Overgrowth, then use Mobilization's ability to play a soldier token and tap it to untap the enchanted Plains yet again. I'll equip Skullclamp onto my new token. Since what follows results in me drawing a lot of cards (not exactly something I can take back), I'll make sure to wait for anyone who wants to respond and sabotage my little engine. If no one does, I get to draw a lot of cards and play even more soldier tokens...

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Contested Cliffs

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(U) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Exile Into Darkness, Windswept Heath

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 17
Cards in Library: 37
Permanents:
-Forestx2 (T, T)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, U)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Overgrowth
-Skullclamp
-2x (U, U) Alaborn Zealot (1/1; When ~this blocks, destroy it and the creature it blocked)
-Auriok Steelshaper (U, 1/1)

RFG: Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Permanents:

(U) Soulcatcher (1/1; Bird Soldier; Flying; Whenever a creature with flying goes to a GY, put a +1/+1 Counter on Soulcatcher) (1 counters)

RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

(U) Mnemonic Sliver 2/2 (All Slivers have, "2, Sacrifice this creature: Draw a card.")

RFG:

Limited
Permanents:

(U, U) 2x Swamp
(T) Sulfurous Springs

(T) Jeska, Warrior Adept (3/1, first strike, haste, T: 1 damage to target crit or player)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Violent Eruption, Balthor the Stout

B

BigBlue

So, what part of this isn't an infinity engine? :) You mean the fact that you can only draw so many cards?

Well, I'm going to put a small damper on your engine and play swords to plowshares on your Steelshaper... So, you can get that last activation, but without another steelshaper you will need to pay to equip....

Unfortunately I don't have any other responses at this time... So, I'll be "Overrun" later I'm sure...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, there's an infinity engine all right, but it was put into the deck as more of a secondary kill. The idea was to use Skullclamp to get enough soldiers that I could attack with my weenie hoard, sort of like the WW decks in Standard back when Skullclamp was legal (only more deadly). Since I didn't get Skullclamp or white mana to play my infinite combo or even drop some soldiers, I lost the advantage of being able to use the deck's explosiveness early on. I expected to lose (like Spiderman, I'm surprised no one has stopped me) because of this. But no one hit me with anything more than a small bird and I drew what I needed. I literally topdecked the missing components to my infinite combo when Skullclamp killed Veteran Explorer. What a pleasant surprise. :D

No Coat of Arms though. :( I gambled everything on the concept that no one would cast Dry Spell. And it seems to be working.

Since I need to pay for equipping stuff now, I'll tap my enchanted Plains, drop an Alaborn Zealot and a Veteran Explorer, then equip the token with Skullclamp. Responses from anyone else?

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in Library: 37
Permanents:
-Forestx2 (T, T)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, T)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Overgrowth (enchanting Plains)
-Skullclamp (equipping tapped token)
-10x (U, U, U, U, U, U, U, U, U, T 1/1) Soldier token
-3x (U, U, S) Alaborn Zealot (1/1; When ~this blocks, destroy it and the creature it blocked)
-Veteran Explorer (S)

RFG: Auriok Steelshaper, Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Permanents:

RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

RFG:

Limited
Permanents:

(U, U) 2x Swamp
(T) Sulfurous Springs

L

Limited

I still got nothing.. (really wish I hadn't attacked Spidey with Jeska last turn.. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've got nothing... and I wish you (Limited) hadn't attacked me either... we probably could both pinged away something...

I still don't understand why everyone thought the Earthcraft wasn't a threat... I mean, I know I couldn't take care of it and probably everyone else couldn't either, but a permanent two token a turn due to the Scepter is warning enough... I probably should have attacked with my Bringer before the Explorer came out but I wanted my two card draw :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I've got nothing... and I wish you (Limited) hadn't attacked me either... we probably could both pinged away something...

I still don't understand why everyone thought the Earthcraft wasn't a threat...
Yeah, I half-expected you and Limited to both go after me. I was surprised when you concentrated on each other.

I was not intending to do this just yet, but BigBlue's interruption has changed my plans...

I feel sorry for Limited. I'm going after him in Werewolf (but hopefully because I'm right) and going after him here (because he's my best choice at the moment).

I attack Limited with my two non-sick Zealots, my two Musketeers, and my nine soldier tokens (all have vigilance thanks to Mobilization, and so do not tap). If that all goes through, it's 15 damage...

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Cards in Library: 35
Permanents:
-Forestx2 (T, T)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, T)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Skullclamp (equipping tapped token)
-3x (U, U, S) Alaborn Zealot (1/1; When ~this blocks, destroy it and the creature it blocked)
-Veteran Explorer (S)

BigBlue
Permanents:

RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

RFG:

Limited
Permanents:

(U, U) 2x Swamp
(T) Sulfurous Springs

L

Limited

I have nothing, so I'll take 15 damage..

I really couldn't do anything against you.. one token would have been enough to block Jeska. And I didn't want the Veteran Explorer to die just yet..

I attacked Spiderman because I wanted something to happen (and I wanted to get rid of the Ultimus, which was hitching a ride on Balthor and all the Slivers);

Well..

Something happened alright :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Impatience...

I certainly wasn't doing anything to you :) In fact, I was hoping the Slivers regeneration would come in handy when it went against Oversoul's horde...

Oh well.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As these games go, it's been a very long turn already. But now that I have my combat phase out of the way, I'll try to finish things up for now.

I'll tap a Soldier token to untap my enchanted Plains (don't you love Earthcraft?) and then tap the Plains for WGG. I'll use that mana to drop an Alaborn Musketeer and equip Skullclamp onto my tapped Soldier token. I'll tap Veteran Explorer to untap my Enchanted Plains, then tap that for mana and float WG while I use G to equip Skullclamp onto Veteran Explorer. More lands for all!

I fetch a Plains and a Forest and draw two cards. I know everyone else will want their lands as well, so we'll resolve that. But the rest of my turn is a simple Raise the Alarm. DONE.

Your turn, BB

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Cards in Hand: 6
Cards in Library: 29
Permanents:
-Forestx3 (T, T, U)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, U)
-Enchanted Plains (T, Overgrowth)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Skullclamp
-10x (U, U, U, U, U, U, U, U, S, S 1/1) Soldier token
-3x (U, U, S) Alaborn Musketeer (2/1; May block as though it has flying)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Veteran Explorer, Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero

BigBlue
Permanents:

RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

RFG:

B

BigBlue

Cool, I get to thin my plains even more.... hopefully I won't hit a land flood now... :D I'll put 2 more plains in play.... Then...

Untap, Draw, Play Soulcatchers' Aerie, Play Battle Screech, Done. Sigh

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Permanents:
-Forestx3 (T, T, U)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, U)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Skullclamp

BigBlue
Permanents:

(TTTTTTUUU) Plains x9

Soulcatchers' Aerie (0 Feather Counters)

(U) Soulcatcher (2/2; Bird Soldier; Flying; Whenever a creature with flying goes to a GY, put a +1/+1 Counter on Soulcatcher) (1 counters)
(U) Bird Token (1/1; Bird; Flying)

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**)
RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U) Island x2

RFG:

M

mythosx

Ill get a forest and an island

EOT play a victual sliver...

Untap upkeep draw...booo

go...

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

Oversoul
Permanents:
-Forestx3 (T, T, U)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, U)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Skullclamp

BigBlue
Permanents:

(TTTTTTUUU) Plains x9

(U) Soulcatcher (2/2; Bird Soldier; Flying; Whenever a creature with flying goes to a GY, put a +1/+1 Counter on Soulcatcher) (1 counters)

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**)
RFG:

Mythosx
Cards in Library: 127
Permanents:

(U, U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U, U) Island x2

(U) Victual Sliver 2/2 (All Slivers gain, "2,Sacrifice this creature: Gain 4 life."

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get any lands from the last Veteran Explorer ability.

Untap, upkeep - get back Exile Into Darkness, draw 2 cards, gain control of the Victual Sliver, Draw, Mt, Play Pernicious Deed, wait for responses...

Spidey
Cards in Hand: 9
Cards in Library: 33
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Plains
(T) Swamp
(U) Mt
(U) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U, U) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(U) Mossfire Valley (1, T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(U) Contested Cliffs

Pernicious Deed

(U) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(U) Victual Sliver 2/2 (All Slivers gain, "2,Sacrifice this creature: Gain 4 life."

RFG:

Oversoul
Permanents:
-Forestx3 (T, T, U)
-Plainsx4 (T, T, T, U)
-Earthcraft
-Mobilization
-Skullclamp

BigBlue
Permanents:

(TTTTTTUUU) Plains x9

RFG:

Mythosx
Cards in Library: 127
Permanents:

(U, U, U) Forest x2
(U, U) Mountain x2
(U, U) Swamp x2
(U, U) Plains x2
(U, U, U) Island x2

RFG:

B

BigBlue

Other than Oink You! No responses... well, I guess it's good to get rid of oversoul's horde, but not digging that it will take me with it... :D

I'm going to say that is pretty darn close to game for you Webslinger.... barring some amazing play....

Now, to update the board accurately, aren't all of Oversoul's creatures tapped? (I should have corrected this with my post)