Tribal game 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BB's been on and posting in other forums, so I would assume he'd read this and has no responses either. However, I'm leaving for the day/weekend so my turn will have to wait until Monday :)

M

mythosx

I could have sworn there was another player in this game....oh well

tap swamp, forest, mountain search for a crystalline sliver....

play crystalline sliver.

unless there are any responses then im done...if there are I might add to my play.

Spidey
Life: 22
Cards in Hand: 7
Cards in Library: 33
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U, U) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(T) Mossfire Valley (1, T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(T) Contested Cliffs

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(T) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Birds of Paradise, Exile Into Darkness, Mossfire Valley

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 8
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 28
Permanents:
-Forestx4 (T, T, T, T)
-Plainsx5 (T, T, T, T, U)
-2x Jungle Patrol (S, S)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Veteran Explorer, Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero, Overgrowth, Isochron Scepter, Earthcraft, Mobilization, Skullclamp, Alaborn Musketeerx3, Alaborn Zealotx3
RFG: Auriok Steelshaper, Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in Library: 44
Permanents:

(TTTTTUUUU) Plains x9

(S) Celestial Gatekeeper (2/2; Bird Cleric; Flying; When ~this is put into a GY from play, RFG instead and return 2 birds and/or clerics from the GY to play)

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**), Soulcatchers' Aerie, Ageless Sentinelsx2, Soulcatcher
RFG:

Mythosx
Life: 18
Cards in Hand: 5
Cards in Library: 116
Permanents:

(T, T, U) Forest x3
(T, T) Mountain x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, U) Plains x3
(T, T, U) Island x3

(U) Sliver Overlord (7/7 "3: Gain Control of Target Sliver. 3: Search your library for any Sliver, reveal it and put it in your hand.)
(U) Crystalline Sliver (2/2 "Slivers can't be the target of spells or abilities.)

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver, Sprouting Vines
RFG:

B

BigBlue

other than "YIKES!".... I have no responses.... This most certainly makes the game more interesting.... from my soon to be position as another bystander.... :)

And no, I'm not giving up, I just don't know how I'll be dealing with 2 5/5 tramples or nontargettable sliver sliver sliver sliver sliver....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no responses either.

Untap, upkeep - return Exile of Darkness to my hand, take control of the Celestial Gatekeeper, draw 2 cards, Draw, play Miren, the Moaning Well, attack Oversoul with everything (2 Bringers and the Celestial Gatekeeper), pass priority...

Spidey
Life: 22
Cards in Hand: 10
Cards in Library: 30
Permanents:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mt
(U) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U, U) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(U) Mossfire Valley (1, T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(U) Contested Cliffs
(U) Miren, the Moaning Well

(T) Bringer of the Blue Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may draw 2 cards)
(T) Bringer of the Red Dawn (5/5, trample, at the beginning of my upkeep, I can untap and gain control of target creature until EOT - that creature gains haste)
(T) Celestial Gatekeeper (2/2; Bird Cleric; Flying; When ~this is put into a GY from play, RFG instead and return 2 birds and/or clerics from the GY to play)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Birds of Paradise, Mossfire Valley

RFG:

Oversoul
Life: 8
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 28
Permanents:
-Forestx4 (T, T, T, T)
-Plainsx5 (T, T, T, T, U)
-2x Jungle Patrol (S, S)

Graveyard: Raise the Alarm, Veteran Explorer, Veteran Explorer, Intrepid Hero, Overgrowth, Isochron Scepter, Earthcraft, Mobilization, Skullclamp, Alaborn Musketeerx3, Alaborn Zealotx3
RFG: Auriok Steelshaper, Raise the Alarm

BigBlue
Permanents:

(TTTTTUUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**), Soulcatchers' Aerie, Ageless Sentinelsx2, Soulcatcher
RFG:

Mythosx
Permanents:

(T, T, U) Forest x3
(T, T) Mountain x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, U) Plains x3
(T, T, U) Island x3

(U) Sliver Overlord (7/7 "3: Gain Control of Target Sliver. 3: Search your library for any Sliver, reveal it and put it in your hand.)
(U) Crystalline Sliver (2/2 "Slivers can't be the target of spells or abilities.)

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver, Sprouting Vines
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I will block Bringer of the Red Dawn with both Jungle Patrols. And then I'm finished off and so is Bringer of the Red Dawn, unless someone has responses to this.

B

BigBlue

Tap a plains to play Healing salve on Oversoul.... oh, you wanted actual responses, not wishful thinking.... :)

So no, I have no actual responses...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I see mythosx was on at about 12:30 PM yesterday but didn't post, but I'll assume no responses from him.

So my Red Bringer dies and Oversoul is out at the end of combat.

Second Main Phase: I'll tap Swamp, Mt, Wastes, Karplusan Forest, and Island to cast Exile Into Darkness targeting mythosx. Pass priority...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mythosx has used his crazy sliver deck every time. The first game he and BigBlue with the beast deck pretty much wiped each other out. And then the second game saw him go crazy with slivers only to have them killed repeatedly by everyone else.

This time, I think he might be able to pull it off. And since I'm out, I'm totally rooting for him. Go slivers!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't been on yet since Tuesday so I'll give him more time... although just letting you guys know I'm off Friday and Monday, so this could end up being a week-long turn :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay..... tap thew Contested Cliffs and a Shadowblood Ridge to Terminate the Overlord... pass priority (and see you Tuesday).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I thought you'd do... :)

Terminate resolves, Sliver Overlord is gone.

Tap Forest, Island, Plains, and Miren to sac the Celestial Gatekeeper, gaining 2 life and returning the BoP back to play. Discard Wooded Foothills. Done.

Spidey
Life: 24
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add B or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T) Karplusan Forest (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add R or G to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(T, U) Shadowblood Ridgex2 (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool).
(T) Contested Cliffs
(T) Miren, the Moaning Well

(U) Birds of Paradise (0/1, tap for any mana)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Mossfire Valley, Bringer of the Red Dawn, Exile Into Darkness, Terminate, Wooded Foothills

RFG:

BigBlue
Permanents:

(TTTTTUUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard: Courier Hawk, Battle Screech (**FB**), Swords to Plowshares, Battle Screech (**FB**), Soulcatchers' Aerie, Ageless Sentinelsx2, Soulcatcher, Celestial Gatekeeper
RFG:

Mythosx
Cards in Hand: 6
Permanents:

(T, T, T) Forest x3
(T, T) Mountain x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, T) Plains x3
(T, T, T) Island x3

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver, Sprouting Vines, Crystalline Sliver, Sliver Overlord
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Draw, Play Feldon's Cane, Activate the Cane, Go... Sorry MythosX... I got no game to keep him at bay...

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Contested Cliffs

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Mistform Ultimus, Windswept Heath, Pernicious Deed, Mossfire Valley, Bringer of the Red Dawn, Exile Into Darkness, Terminate, Wooded Foothills

RFG:

BigBlue
Cards in Library: 52
Permanents:

(TUUUUUUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard:
RFG: Feldon's Cane

Mythosx
Cards in Hand: 6
Permanents:

(T, T, T) Forest x3
(T, T) Mountain x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, T) Plains x3
(T, T, T) Island x3

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetation, Clot Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Clot Sliver, Quick Sliver, Mnemonic Sliver, Sprouting Vines, Crystalline Sliver, Sliver Overlord
RFG:[/QUOTE]

M

mythosx

Untap,upkeep draw... play a mountain, play a sliver queen. tap a blue, green play rampant growth for a plaines. done...

Spidey
Permanents:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Contested Cliffs

RFG:

BigBlue
Cards in Library: 52
Permanents:

(TUUUUUUUU) Plains x9

Graveyard:
RFG: Feldon's Cane

Mythosx
Cards in Library: 114
Permanents:

(T, T, U) Forest x3
(T, U, U) Mountain x3
(T, U) Swamp x2
(T, T, U, U) Plains x4
(T, T, U) Island x3

Sliver Queen (2: Put a sliver token into play.)

RFG: