Tribal #12

D

DarthFerret

For some reason I thought I had already responded. And my response is pretty much the same as everyone else. Nothing.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Yeah, I thought so, but I didn't want to just assume. Sorry for being impatient.

Also I totally just noticed heartbeat applied to everyone so... MORE SPELLS

Pop bauble bouncing back Star. Draw

Use U from island for thoughtcast. Draw 2

Drop free chromatic sphere use colorless from citadel make U and pop it. Draw

Drop free bauble and pop draw move other star to bottom

Use U from sphere to play thoughtcast

Use other U from engineer to play another Master of Etherium.

Attack BigBlue with sculptors. The two masters make them 3/4's.

Go.

Spidey: 20
Hand: 6
Library: 49
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(U) Stomping Ground (T: Add R or G to my mana pool. As ~ CIP, I may pay 2 life. If I don't, ~ CIP tapped)

Heartbeat of Spring (Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his mana pool of any type that land produced)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Al0ysiusHWWW: 19
Hand: 3
Library: 37
In Play:

(S,S) Master of Etherium x2 (*/*; Artifact Creature; ~ Power and Toughness = number of artifacts I control; All other artifacts get +1/+1)
(T,T) Etherium Sculptor x2 (1/2; Artifact Creature; Artifact spells cost 1 less to play)
(T) Vedalken Engineer (1/1; T, Add 2 of any color. Can only be used to play artifact spells or abilities)

(T, U) Darksteel Citadel x2 (T:1; Indestructible)

(T) Island

Graveyard: 2x thoughtcast, 2x sphere, 2x bauble, 2x brainstorm, FoW
RFG: Vedalken Mastermind

BigBlue: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 51
In Play:

(T) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)
(T) Tainted Field (T:1; T: W or B - as long as I control a swamp)
(T) Godless Shrine (T: W or B; Swamp Plains; cip Tapped unless I pay 2 life)

(U) Vampire Bats (0/1; Flying; B: +1/+0 - only BB may be spent any turn)

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate
RFG:

Oversoul: 20
Hand: 7
Library: 43
In Play:
-(T,T,T) Plains x3

-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if anyone has more lands than me, I get to search my library for three basic lands and put them in my hand)

-(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: switch some number of cards in my hand with cards from the top of my library)

-Seal of Cleansing (sac: destroy target artifact or enchantment)

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Akroma (Angel of Wrath)
RFG: Blinding Angel

DarthFerret: 20
Library: 50
In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(T,T) Forest

(S) Albino Troll (3/3, Echo1G, 1G: regenerate)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Mooseman: 20
Library: 54
In Play:

(UU) Island
(U) Forest

(U) Coiling Oracle (1/1, When Coiling Oracle comes into play, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into play. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Wow... all that w/ two lands!

Block one w/ the bat, take 3. I'm so toast this game... shoulda brought a mean tribe instead of a fun one.

UUD

Play Scrubland
Play Dakmor Bats
Play Vindicate on one of the Masters - take a mana burn.
Done.

In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(U) Stomping Ground (T: Add R or G to my mana pool. As ~ CIP, I may pay 2 life. If I don't, ~ CIP tapped)

Heartbeat of Spring (Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his mana pool of any type that land produced)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 37
In Play:

(S,S) Master of Etherium x2 (*/*; Artifact Creature; ~ Power and Toughness = number of artifacts I control; All other artifacts get +1/+1) 1 is dead?
(T,T) Etherium Sculptor x2 (1/2; Artifact Creature; Artifact spells cost 1 less to play)
(T) Vedalken Engineer (1/1; T, Add 2 of any color. Can only be used to play artifact spells or abilities)

(T, U) Darksteel Citadel x2 (T:1; Indestructible)

(T) Island

Graveyard: 2x thoughtcast, 2x sphere, 2x bauble, 2x brainstorm, FoW

BigBlue: 16
In Play:

(TU) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)

(U) Grimclaw Bats (1/1; Flying; B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 )

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate, Vampire Bats, Vindicate
RFG:

In Play:
-(T,T,T) Plains x3

-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if anyone has more lands than me, I get to search my library for three basic lands and put them in my hand)

-(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: switch some number of cards in my hand with cards from the top of my library)

In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(T,T) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Island
(U) Forest

(U) Coiling Oracle (1/1, When Coiling Oracle comes into play, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into play. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

B

BigBlue

I don't mean to be a jerk... but didn't we agree on Vintage B/R where Brainstorm is restricted?

While I don't necessarily agree w/ Brainstorm being on the list - it is on the list...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

BigBlue;281771 said:
I don't mean to be a jerk... but didn't we agree on Vintage B/R where Brainstorm is restricted?

While I don't necessarily agree w/ Brainstorm being on the list - it is on the list...
Ah crap really? I totally messed up then.

Sorry, When I built my deck I only looked at the rules in the tribal sticky thread, I totally should have back logged and read more carefully. I scoop before I do damage then. Sorry guys.

B

BigBlue

well, don't scoop just yet... it was a discussion - not necessarily a done deal - and... I'll be happy to let you just discard them... trouble is you used 2...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Yeah, and they were a significant part of my previous turn too. I think it would be too complicated for us to try to redo everything though. I'm totally fine with scooping, unless anyone has any objections.

Without that brainstorm I wouldn't have been able to know I had a thoughtcast and sphere coming up and wouldn't have baubled that turn most likely. That bauble started getting things rolling and eventually lead to my other master, as well as filling my hand back up for the next turn.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't think we need to be that drastic.... if it seems to be to unbalanced in this game, we can play it again with the offending cards removed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would say just take it out (and any other copies :) ) and just go back to right before the second one was cast and shuffle the library.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Should I just substitute in something? Or just run 56 cards?

B

BigBlue

No, 1 is valid - so I'd just make 3 of them into proxies for a null card... That would seem fair to me... so, they don't do anything if you draw them - yeah, there would have been a chance you didn't draw it to play at all... but you shouldn't be thinning your deck... just go back to where you cast the second one - and treat it like it is a blank card. As spidey suggested, shuffle your deck from the point you started taking extra draws etc and go on.

EDIT - your deck is probably strong enough that the additional search/draw of brainstorm isn't what made it work this fast - although I suppose it's possible... You got a great draw, and Spidey helped you out w/ his ench.

B

BigBlue

SO.... here's where you are at. (I'll take back my turn for now since that's where we caught it).

You did

UUD
Tap Citadel for 2, activate star (draw) for U

You have 4 cards in hand (one is the now blank BS) and 1U in your pool.
(And at this point your libary should be shuffled)

In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 45
In Play:

(U,U) Etherium Sculptor x2 (1/2; Artifact spells cost 1 less to play)
(U) Vedalken Engineer (1/1; T, Add 2 of any color. Can only be used to play artifact spells or abilities)

(T) Darksteel Citadel (T:1; Indestructible)

(U) Island

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Force of Will, Chromatic Star

BigBlue: 20
Library: 51
In Play:

(T) Scrubland (T: W or B; Swamp Plains)

(U) Vampire Bats (0/1; Flying; B: +1/+0 - only BB may be spent any turn)

Graveyard: Castigate, Castigate
RFG:

In Play:
-(T,T,T) Plains x3

In Play:

(U) Savannah (W/G)
(T,T) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Island
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
RFG:

B

BigBlue

(Unless the post was wrong - spidey showed 2 cards - but maybe one was the Force which you'd played...) You drew for your draw, then drew for the Star... which would be 4 (or 3 if it was off by a force)