Topdeck: Turgy22 vs. BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Discard Simian Spirit Guide to play overload on your Mox - assume you take 2 mana burn?

Turgy22
Life: 15
Hand: 0
In Play

(T) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter) (1 Blue Counter)
(U) Delif's Cone (T, Sac ~: Target unblocked attacking creature you control deals no damage, you gain life equal to it's power.)
(Ench) Fastbond (You may play as many lands per turn as you'd like, for each one in addition to the first land you take 1 dmg)

(U) Lotus Petal
(T) Tolarian Academy
(T) Island
(T) City of Brass

Graveyard: Time Walk, Blue Elemental Blast, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Sapphire
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation* (I must pay 3UU at my next upkeep or I lose),
Elvish Spirit Guide

BigBlue
Life: 18
Hand: 3
In Play

(T) Mox Jet (T:B)
(T) Underground River (T:1; T: B or U and ~ does 1 dmg to me)
(S) Basking Rootwalla (1/1; 1G: +2/+2 until eot; madness:0)

Graveyard: Crumble, Overload
Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus, Timetwister, Balance, Ancestral Recall, Volcanic Island, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Ruby, Mox Pearl, Phrexian Walker, Vizzerdrix, Kird Ape, Polar Kraken, Zuran Orb, Rootwater Thief, Sinkhole, Island, Foil, Wonder, Daze, Elvish Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yes. And if I'm taking 2 burn, I'll assume you have nothing else to play and the turn is over.
Untap. Upkeep: I pay 3UU.
Play Blackmail, targetting you. Reveal 3 cards from your hand.

Turgy22
Life: 14
In Play

(T) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter)
(U) Delif's Cone (T, Sac ~: Target unblocked attacking creature you control deals no damage, you gain life equal to it's power.)
(Ench) Fastbond (You may play as many lands per turn as you'd like, for each one in addition to the first land you take 1 dmg)

(U) Lotus Petal
(T) Tolarian Academy
(T) Island
(T) City of Brass

Graveyard: Time Walk, Blue Elemental Blast, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Sapphire, Blackmail
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation* (I must pay 3UU at my next upkeep or I lose),
Elvish Spirit Guide

BigBlue
Hand: 3
In Play

(T) Underground River (T:1; T: B or U and ~ does 1 dmg to me)
(S) Basking Rootwalla (1/1; 1G: +2/+2 until eot; madness:0)

Graveyard: Crumble, Overload
Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus, Timetwister, Balance, Ancestral Recall, Volcanic Island, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Ruby, Mox Pearl, Phrexian Walker, Vizzerdrix, Kird Ape, Polar Kraken, Zuran Orb, Rootwater Thief, Sinkhole, Island, Foil, Wonder, Daze, Elvish Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide

R

rokapoke

What's the 3UU during the upkeep for? Is there something I'm missing?

B

BigBlue

Untap, Draw, Play Wasteland, Kill the Academy, Swing with the Rootwalla for 1, Discard Burnout, Done.

Turgy22
Life: 13
In Play

(T) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter)

(U) Lotus Petal
(T) Island
(T) City of Brass

Graveyard: Time Walk, Blue Elemental Blast, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Sapphire, Blackmail, Tolarian Academy
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation, Elvish Spirit Guide

BigBlue
Hand: 1
In Play

(U) Mox Jet (T:B)
(U) Underground River (T:1; T: B or U and ~ does 1 dmg to me)

(T) Basking Rootwalla (1/1; 1G: +2/+2 until eot; madness:0)

Graveyard: Crumble, Overload, Tropical Island, Wasteland, Burnout

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap. Draw.
Play Yawgmoth's Will.
Any response?

Turgy22
Life: 12
In Play

(U) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter)

(T) Island
(T) City of Brass

Graveyard: Time Walk, Blue Elemental Blast, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Sapphire, Blackmail, Tolarian Academy, Lotus Petal
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation, Elvish Spirit Guide

BigBlue
In Play

Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus, Timetwister, Balance, Ancestral Recall, Volcanic Island, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Ruby, Mox Pearl, Phrexian Walker, Vizzerdrix, Kird Ape, Polar Kraken, Zuran Orb, Rootwater Thief, Sinkhole, Island, Foil, Wonder, Daze, Elvish Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide[/QUOTE]

B

BigBlue

Other than Ouch? Nope... (You know what's in my hand - don't let me slow you down...)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oh right. I remembered the Lightning Bolt, but forgot that you no longer have access to red mana. I wanted to give you a chance to play it before my BEB was playable. Moving on...
Play Tolarian Academy. Play Lotus Petal.
Tap the Academy to play Time Walk & put a counter on my Amulet. Play LED & Mox Sapphire. End my turn.
Untap. Draw. Play Time Spiral, untapping the two lands I tapped to play it.
Draw 7 cards.

Turgy22
Hand: 7
In Play

(U) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter) (1 Blue)

(U) Island
(U) City of Brass
(U) Tolarian Academy
(U) Lotus Petal
(U) Mox Sapphire
(U) Lion's Eye Diamond

Graveyard: Blue Elemental Blast, Blackmail, Yawgmoth's Will
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation, Elvish Spirit Guide, Time Walk, Time Spiral

BigBlue
In Play

B

BigBlue

Sure, but w/ TS... all GY cards are removed again... (in case you wanted to blackmail me a second time... :)

Have 7 cards (well, I will before I view the thread again anyways)...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Didn't really plan on Blackmailing you a second time.
I will play Vault of Whispers, however, and tap it to play Duress.

Turgy22
Hand: 5
In Play

(U) Jeweled Amulet (1,T: Put a charge counter on ~ with the color of mana used to pay for it, T, Remove all charge counters: add 1 mana for each charge counter which is the color of the counter) (1 Blue)

(U) Island
(U) City of Brass
(U) Tolarian Academy
(T) Vault of Whispers
(U) Lotus Petal
(U) Mox Sapphire
(U) Lion's Eye Diamond

Graveyard: Duress
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation, Elvish Spirit Guide, Time Walk, Time Spiral, Blue Elemental Blast, Blackmail, Yawgmoth's Will

BigBlue
Hand: 7
In Play

Graveyard:
Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus, Timetwister, Balance, Ancestral Recall, Volcanic Island, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Ruby, Mox Pearl, Phrexian Walker, Vizzerdrix, Kird Ape, Polar Kraken, Zuran Orb, Rootwater Thief, Sinkhole, Island, Foil, Wonder, Daze, Elvish Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide, Crumble, Overload, Tropical Island, Wasteland, Burnout, Lightning Bolt

EDIT: Forgot to remove your GY and update your hand

B

BigBlue

Sorry, it's been a hell of a day today...

Play Dark Ritual, Play Culling the Weak (sac Rootwalla), Play Needlebug (responses?)

Turgy22
Hand: 5
In Play

(U) Island
(U) City of Brass
(U) Tolarian Academy
(T) Vault of Whispers
(U) Lotus Petal
(U) Mox Sapphire
(U) Lion's Eye Diamond

Graveyard: Duress
RFG: Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain, Vizzerdrix, Force of Will, Foil, Shattering Spree, Crash, Daze, Flare, Volcanic Island, Mox Ruby, Mountain, Strip Mine, Underground Sea, Elfhame Palace, Crucible of Worlds, Propoganda, Basking Rootwalla, Sparkmage Apprentice, Sokenzen Renegade, Swords to Plowshares, Coastal Tower, Lotus Bloom, Wheel of Fortune, Pact of Negation, Elvish Spirit Guide, Time Walk, Time Spiral, Blue Elemental Blast, Blackmail, Yawgmoth's Will

BigBlue
Hand: 4
In Play

(BB in Mana pool)

(S) Needlebug (2/2; Flash; Protection from Artifacts)

Graveyard: Dark Ritual, Culling the Weak, Basking Rootwalla
Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus, Timetwister, Balance, Ancestral Recall, Volcanic Island, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Ruby, Mox Pearl, Phrexian Walker, Vizzerdrix, Kird Ape, Polar Kraken, Zuran Orb, Rootwater Thief, Sinkhole, Island, Foil, Wonder, Daze, Elvish Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide, Crumble, Overload, Tropical Island, Wasteland, Burnout, Lightning Bolt

EDIT: Forgot to remove your GY and update your hand[/QUOTE]

B

BigBlue

Play Burnt Offering sacrificing Needlebug for RRRB. (BBRRR in Mana Pool)

B

BigBlue

Play Urza's Rage, then once the stack clears down to the duress, fork the duress on you. I'll discard my memory Lapse (only card in hand) for your duress.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll play Assert Authority to counter the Fork. Since you don't have mana for Memory Lapse, I'll assume there's nothing you can do and I get to keep my cards.

I'm now going to update the board and start my next moves. If there's something I missed, let me know.