Topdeck: Turgy22 vs. BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Food for thought for you....

Untap, Upkeep (I have 1 card, you have 0 - keep renegade), Play Black Lotus, Play Timetwister.... you get to pick 7 cards (as do I)... I decided to see how this works... (one of the reasons I think gy back to library should be removed in this format is the twister)

I'll update the board later. Let me know when you've figured out your 7 cards (I haven't picked mine yet either...)

M

Modus Pwnens

Should you have checked Turgy's Graveyard, you would have noticed the Lotus there ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm going to agree on the cards getting RFG instead of going back into the library. But depending on which way we go, I'm going to be selecting a different seven cards. Let me know the ruling and I'll be ready to go.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
But, as the others already mentioned, turgy22 had already played Black Lotus on turn 1.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Am I missing something? Each player has a library of all cards - it's not a shared library... I indicated after someone mentioned it in the discussion thread that I'd considered a shared library, but decided against it...

Turgy - it's up to you, rfg or put back in library? I didn't make a rule before we started... I was just seeing some cards would be very broken otherwise and make for boring games... (Digger - Time Walk, for example.)

B

BigBlue

Turgy, reading your post again... we'll say cards which would be put in the library will be removed from game instead. I have to change my play a bit, so I'll post a bit later (I'd planned on having the lotus again... :) )

turgy22

Nothing Special
I think that's best for the health of the format. So we'll say the graveyards are gone and seven new cards are coming up.

I'm ready when you are.

B

BigBlue

I'm ready.

Play Zuran Orb (responses)

Turgy22
Life: 15
Hand: 7
In Play

(T) Volcanic Island
(T) Mox Ruby
(T) Mountain
(U) Strip Mine

Crucible of Worlds (I can play lands from my graveyard)
Propoganda (Creatures can't attack me unless their controller pays 2 per creature)

(U) Sparkmage Apprentice (1/1; deals 1 damage when it CIP)

Graveyard:
RFG:Black Lotus, Nantuko Shaman, Ancestral Recall, Molten Rain

BigBlue
Life: 15
Hand: 6
In Play

(Artifact) Zuran Orb (sacrifice a land: gain 2 life)

(U) Phrexian Walker (0/3)
(U) Kird Ape (1/1; ~ gets +1/+2 if I control a Forest)
(U) Sokenzen Renegade (3/3; Bushido 1; At the beginning of my upkeep, the player with the most cards in hands gains control of this.)

Graveyard: Timetwister
Removed from Game: Diabolic Edict, Birds of Paradise, Taiga, Forest, Snow Forest, Urza's Bauble, Black Lotus