The Ultimate Magic Draft

D

DarthFerret

Ok, if Turgy is correct, I will not be drafting it. If Oversoul is correct, I probably will. How do we need to handle this?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
Ok, if Turgy is correct, I will not be drafting it. If Oversoul is correct, I probably will. How do we need to handle this?
It's not an issue of "correct" or "incorrect." We made this format up, so really it's what we decide. If you're asking which way it would be in a normal draft (like if we were drafting Arabian Nights because we're all so rich), then yeah, what Turgy said.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I will wait until tommorrow evening (Monday) and if there is no other comment, I will make my pick....

turgy22

Nothing Special
Honestly, I never even considered any other interpretations. We're doing a draft and draft rules are already pretty well-defined. I don't think we're creating a new format, so much as using an existing format with a different pool of cards.

Either way, I drafted two of the wishes, so I'd have the most to gain from getting any card at all, but I had my sideboard in mind when I picked those cards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22 said:
Honestly, I never even considered any other interpretations. We're doing a draft and draft rules are already pretty well-defined. I don't think we're creating a new format, so much as using an existing format with a different pool of cards.

Either way, I drafted two of the wishes, so I'd have the most to gain from getting any card at all, but I had my sideboard in mind when I picked those cards.
I was merely thinking of compensating for the power those cards lose in this format, since the original idea was to sort of "test" the power of the cards. But I'm not holding any such cards, so it can only hurt me. If no one wants to do it, that's fine.

D

DarthFerret

So, it appears we are done, and have 7 people in this....what format are we doing (or is it just one big free for all :rolleyes: ?)

L

Lythand

I think we should do a best 2 out of 3 bracket tourny.

Winner gets the new Unhinged card called "Blow-up doll"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Okay guys. I figured the pairings would work the same as a booster draft, assuming that we're all sitting around a table clockwise in the order we're drafting. That means that in round 1, everyone plays the person across from them, which would work out as such:

1) Spiderman vs. DarthFerret
2) Oversoul vs. Lythand
3) Ransac vs. Turgy22
4) Melkor vs. Zigathon

Then the winner of 1) will play the winner of 3) and the winners of 2) and 4) will be matched up for the second round. The losers will be matched up respectively.

Until he returns, Zigathon will count as a bye.

Any other questions?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No, seriously. I'm taking microbiology and it's ridiculous. I haven't had time to build a deck. It shouldn't take long though, since I don't exactly have the most versatile cardpool in our little group. In fact, it looks like my deck is going to really suck...