The Ultimate Magic Draft

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by turgy22, May 4, 2006.

1. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Ok, if Turgy is correct, I will not be drafting it. If Oversoul is correct, I probably will. How do we need to handle this?
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

In this environment, I believe turgy22's interpretation is best.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. Melkor Active Member

I agree with turgy22's interpretation.
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

It's not an issue of "correct" or "incorrect." We made this format up, so really it's what we decide. If you're asking which way it would be in a normal draft (like if we were drafting Arabian Nights because we're all so rich), then yeah, what Turgy said.
  5. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Ok, I will wait until tommorrow evening (Monday) and if there is no other comment, I will make my pick....
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I agree with turgy22's interpretation as well.
  7. turgy22 Nothing Special

Honestly, I never even considered any other interpretations. We're doing a draft and draft rules are already pretty well-defined. I don't think we're creating a new format, so much as using an existing format with a different pool of cards.

Either way, I drafted two of the wishes, so I'd have the most to gain from getting any card at all, but I had my sideboard in mind when I picked those cards.
  8. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I was merely thinking of compensating for the power those cards lose in this format, since the original idea was to sort of "test" the power of the cards. But I'm not holding any such cards, so it can only hurt me. If no one wants to do it, that's fine.
  9. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Ok, thus being said, I will make my pick....
  10. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

So, it appears we are done, and have 7 people in this....what format are we doing (or is it just one big free for all :rolleyes: ?)
  11. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

I think we should do a best 2 out of 3 bracket tourny.

Winner gets the new Unhinged card called "Blow-up doll"
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I think we already decided on a Swiss-style tournament.
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So who's doing the pairings?
  14. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Dunno... are we cutting Zigathon out of this?

Ransac, cpa trash man
  15. turgy22 Nothing Special

Okay guys. I figured the pairings would work the same as a booster draft, assuming that we're all sitting around a table clockwise in the order we're drafting. That means that in round 1, everyone plays the person across from them, which would work out as such:

1) Spiderman vs. DarthFerret
    2) Oversoul vs. Lythand
    3) Ransac vs. Turgy22
    4) Melkor vs. Zigathon

Then the winner of 1) will play the winner of 3) and the winners of 2) and 4) will be matched up for the second round. The losers will be matched up respectively.

Until he returns, Zigathon will count as a bye.

Any other questions?
  16. Ransac CPA Trash Man

turgy22... you're going down..... and I am goinig to eat library paste.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  17. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Oversoul and Lythand?... Are you guys gonna start?

Ransac, cpa trash man
  18. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Microbiology.
  19. Ransac CPA Trash Man

........whua? NO! You can't be more random than I!!!!!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Ransac, cpa trash man
  20. Oversoul The Tentacled One

No, seriously. I'm taking microbiology and it's ridiculous. I haven't had time to build a deck. It shouldn't take long though, since I don't exactly have the most versatile cardpool in our little group. In fact, it looks like my deck is going to really suck...